Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?

Go down 
+5
X-Racer
spadgitt
mordicai
greer
kptahoe
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kptahoe

Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: gearing   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 am

I plan on using the 14t on the way down. I also plan on bringing a 13t for once I am down there, but I got approx 9hrs of road time just to hit mexico.

kptahoe
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 am

kptahoe wrote:
I plan on using the 14t on the way down. I also plan on bringing a 13t for once I am down there, but I got approx 9hrs of road time just to hit mexico.

kptahoe
Yah, that makes sense. I run a 13x42 on the road and it works great. Can't imagine needing anything taller.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:10 am

I have to tell you that I never did the drive down on a bike. I always trailered down, and all the way I would think, " damm, what a fun ride this would be on my bike". Your going to love the drive and this time of year probably not much traffic. Just remember you don't ride that hwy at night .
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 am

kptahoe wrote:
How many tubes would you guys bring on a trip like this. Obviously I will have a patch kit so is one rear and one front enough.

thanks, kptahoe

Yes....A 18 rear and 21 front can be found in places like La Paz etc.
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 pm

I used the IRC GP 110 when I did this trip on a KLR, worked great, down and back. I also have the GPS tracks if you want 'em, send me a PM. There's a guy that offers Garmin maps of Baja, google him.

BTW: we crossed at Mexicali, then to San Felipe and so on. Spent lots of time on the Baja XXX courses.

I have a neighbor who used to be the State Dept Station Chief in Hermosillo and Guadalahara. She advised us to get up really early on the day we are going to cross and get at least 150 miles south of the border before noon. I guess the drug war doesn't get going until after noon.

Once we got south of San Felipe, we never had any issues.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Updates?? lurk
Back to top Go down
kptahoe

PostSubject: out of baja   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Still not home but out of wonderful baja...Pretty much convinced god rides motorcycles and does it in baja. Ill work on a trip report but currently stuck in san diego at a friends place since nasty weather is moving in. Snow from santa cruz to tahoe. Biggest day of the trip was 492 miles and pretty sure everywhere I went was full throttle.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:31 am

kptahoe wrote:
Pretty much convinced god rides motorcycles and does it in baja.

Pretty sure that is written in the Bible somewhere.... deal

Weather has taken a turn, Only in the 60's today in Yuma,AZ.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?   Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Riding to cabo with beamers: tire choice?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2