Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suspension set-up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
resqman911

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey guys I'm looking for a little help setting up my suspension, I just bought an 08 WR and I'm loving it but its a little rough in the dirt, I jumped it lightly today very lightly and after landing it bounced bad, I dont want want to just blindly start adjusting the comp and rebound so I was hoping someone around my size could give a good starting point. I'm 185 and would say I'm more on the agressive side when it comes to riding.
Back to top Go down
Marioscario

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey resqman. I've only been out a couple of times on my new to me '08. The power is good when the rpm's are up but a little boggy down low. Getting a 12 tooth for the counter sprocket for now. That should help. As for the suspension, I've been riding it with the stock settings for compression and rebound. Comfortable on the road but too squishy for off road performance. The trick to setting it up is to only change one parameter at a time. Start with stock and ride at your favorite spot for 15-20 min. Then try stiffening up the compression in the rear only by 2 or 3 clicks. Then ride the same trails. If you like the results, keep it that way for a while. Then change another parameter but don't do too many changes at once. There's lots of info online that describes what the symptoms are for when the compression or rebound are set incorrectly for your riding style. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Crank your rear rebound up to the max. As specified in the manual.
Back to top Go down
resqman911

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

when you say crank the rebound all the way up, do you mean stiffer? The rebound seems to fast already, the bike is very bouncy. When landing a jump it seems to bounce rather than stick.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Yup.....stiffer.
The reason it bounces is it ain't stiff enough.
Too springy.
Back to top Go down
phroenips

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Technically, you'd be turning up the rebound damping, thereby reducing the rebound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suspension set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suspension set-up   Suspension set-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Suspension set-up
Page 1 of 1