Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

zeta handguards dont fit right

Go down 
+6
mash100
cryptomundo
motokid
little squirt
john92
addikted2boost
10 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

zeta handguards dont fit right Empty
PostSubject: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm

they seem way to bent and will not mount up flat against my handle bar end and if i force them up against it i cant twist my throttle anyone run into this problem?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:36 pm

You might have to trim some of your throttle tube or slide it in a little.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm

you might want to try and slide the throttle assy in some. you will have to grind or file down the centering pin like this, or trim down the throttle tube just like john mentioned.

zeta handguards dont fit right Bb0bfec0

try to get the pin in the handle bar first then attach the mount at the other end.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:47 pm

is this where you having the problem?

zeta handguards dont fit right C9135763-1
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:07 pm

How can ZETA handguards not fit Zeta bars?????

Can the OP provide some pictures on what's going on?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:57 pm

john92 wrote:
You might have to trim some of your throttle tube or slide it in a little.

that or use a washer on the inside of the bar to create the gap like in little squirts picture .. although that might also cause a problem on the other end which would require the same treatment
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Weird. I fitted Zeta XC (straight, NOT curved version), & they fit like a glove. Kit included a big nylon washer for the throttle side, & I did not need to modify anything apart from a couple new zip-ties for the handlebar wiring.... dunno
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:04 pm

(straight, NOT curved version)

I just posted a question in the Mods forum regarding the handguards, and your use of the straight verses the curved is interesting. The curved guards were quite difficult to get bent into shape. For my friends bike we'll try the straight guards unless someone has had a better experience with a different brand.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:45 am

No problems here with the bent Zeta's. Keep em loose til it's all hooked up, then tighten. Also, don't shove them all the way in on the throttle side, pull em out about 1 or 2 mm.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:55 pm

blaisew wrote:
(straight, NOT curved version)

I just posted a question in the Mods forum regarding the handguards, and your use of the straight verses the curved is interesting. The curved guards were quite difficult to get bent into shape. For my friends bike we'll try the straight guards unless someone has had a better experience with a different brand.
Yup, no trouble to fit at all - just do everything up finger tight before getting the allen keys out.
A quick update on performance: I was filtering past traffic the other day, & some old dear in a cage was sticking out a bit too much for my liking... Anyway, I crunched her door mirror, & didn't even suffer a scratch on the Zetas, despite quite a hard knock! The only other thing to mention, is the quality of the plating on the bolts that secure the guards at the bar ends - there is ALREADY rust visible, presumably where I torqued things up tight & wore off some of the electro-plating. Come on Zeta, supply higher quality stainless items like the other fasteners!!! Apart from that, very good VFM....
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:55 pm

ya i had no issues putting the bent version on my bike, had a little bit getting the plastic part itself onto the aluminum bar, but a few minutes on a chair by the wood stove solved that. and +1 on the assemble everything before tightening anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

little squirt wrote:
is this where you having the problem?

zeta handguards dont fit right C9135763-1

I would not recommend grinding the pin away. I did this to one of my bikes, and had the throttle assembly loosen up, rotate around on the bar and hit the kill switch, turning the bike off. It just so happened to be when braking into the first corner of a race, which made things really interesting.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: got them to fit   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:12 am

just had to pull like a 1/4 inch out of throttle tube but w/e works
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:09 am

I never had to grind off the pin; just cut away about 1/8" of the throttle tube and added a spacer washer between the handlebar and the barkbuster. thumb

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:38 am

i ground the pin off mine but that was because i went with protaper bars (no hole for the pin) and rox 2"risers, which necesitated putting the cables on the bottom of the bars, kinda looks cleaner that way anyway, i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zeta handguards dont fit right   zeta handguards dont fit right Empty

Back to top Go down

zeta handguards dont fit right
Page 1 of 1