Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers Empty
PostSubject: Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers   Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm

This won't be applicable to all, but for those who ride in cooler climates and/or have poor circulation here's a neat way to insulate your levers.

I like to leave two fingers on my brake and clutch lever. This means that those four fingers don't get heated by the heated grip wraps. I considered two basic solutions. The warmest would be to build electric lever warmers but this would take more time and work. The easier solution, which I chose to try, was to insulate the levers. Someone on sport-touring.net suggested using fabric hockey tape. I used three layers and it worked so well on the WRX in the first few days of spring commuting that I have now wrapped the levers on my Ducati touring bike and that's working well too.

I won't rule out making lever heaters one day, but this is pretty cheap and easy. Hopefully someone can benefit from the information passed on.

Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers IMG_0054
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers   Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Look's good
You might be able to add an aftermarket snowmobile thumb warmer to the lever
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers   Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 pm

RED!! freaky One more heated gadget to my ever growing arsenal. wink Beats having to shove cold fingers down my pants to get them warm. thumb

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers   Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 1:15 am

SheWolf wrote:
RED!! freaky One more heated gadget to my ever growing arse. wink

On yer what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers   Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers Empty

Back to top Go down

Lever Insulation for Cold Fingers
Page 1 of 1