Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Boy how times have changed

Go down 
+9
Shoootr
glock19
Jäger
Hertz
GusinCA
zone47
Dancamp
YZEtc
Midnite171
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Boy how times have changed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 pm

"but if you are in a sand pit, in the middle of the woods or nowhere close to a neighborhood and especially a place specifically made for riding like at a motocross track, noise should not be an issue at all"

Fully agree. The sound of a Formula 1 race car makes my hair stand on end.

This was a really great thread, lots of good points. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Apple will come out with the "iBike" which looks exactly like the WR250R (probably in all white), wieghs 100 pounds, with active electromagnetic suspension, and has a range of 60,000 miles before you need to replace the small AA battery sized fusion reactor cylinder and has a motor with 100hp. Oh, and throw in some carbon fiber knobbies that never wear out and that transform into racing slicks on pavement...
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:25 pm

GusinCA wrote:
This was a really great thread, lots of good points. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Apple will come out with the "iBike" which looks exactly like the WR250R (probably in all white), wieghs 100 pounds, with active electromagnetic suspension, and has a range of 60,000 miles before you need to replace the small AA battery sized fusion reactor cylinder and has a motor with 100hp. Oh, and throw in some carbon fiber knobbies that never wear out and that transform into racing slicks on pavement...

You forgot the billion dollar price tag.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Yeah, well, I can dream.
Besides, the computing power of an iPhone back in 1980 would have cost a billion dollars as well... :)
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:44 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Yeah, well, I can dream.
Besides, the computing power of an iPhone back in 1980 would have cost a billion dollars as well... :)

Very true. Hard to tell what the future will hold.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 am

I'd be into an iBike. Touchscreen shifting, built in GPS, Weather Channel, high def video recording, yeah. Hopefully they will have invented something to keep me alive long enough first so I'll be around when it comes out. Hey it was just announced that Apple is the second largest money making company this quarter, second to Exxon. They have the $$$ to make it happen. Although Exxon might be fighting to keep the gas guzzling machines alive!!! I'm sure the HUGE oil companies DON'T want the electric cars and bikes to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy how times have changed   Boy how times have changed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boy how times have changed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2