Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Got a flat....AGAIN....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

Got a flat....AGAIN.... Empty
PostSubject: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I can't seem to take my X offroad and not get a flat. This time I wasn't so close to home that I could ride it back slow. Had to call my brother to come get me. baldy So now I gotta take the tire back the dealer to get it fixed, putting me bikeless for 2 days. Not to mention the raping I'll get for 20min of work. Anyways here's my question: Can I change out the tube myself? Can it be done with a couple of tire irons and little bit of sweat and a few F-Bombs??? Done plenty of mtb tubes, I'm just curious as to how hard it would since it's a street motorcycle bead. Any recommendations/links to proper tools that you have used would be appreciated. thumb
Back to top Go down
manganos

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Yep, this is why I won't take my X offroad until I get some new hoops laced. You can change it out easy enough. If you can change out a MB tire you can change out a flat. Don't let the dealer do it. $$$$$$$$$. I like to have 3 irons myself. I've got quite a few buddies with tire changing machines so that makes it even easier. Remember to use a lot of "lube" and don't use a screwdriver as you might nick your tube.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:24 pm

A nail or in my case two nails, BOTH TIMES will cause any tire, on or off road to go flat. Very happy
Back to top Go down
manganos

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:36 pm

LOL yep that will do it too. As far as going off road on the 17's. I think the rocks will tear the sidewalls up. Plus I don't want to scratch my pretty rims ;)
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Honestly besides the where the nails went thru you couldn't tell my tires have ever been off road. S Florida is pretty flat so my offroad is probably a lot different than yours.
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Had a flat myself the other day. Hate it when that happens. Zed was here yesterday and ended up getting a flat as well so there must be something in the air. dddog
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Man that bites. I hope all you guys find all the nails before I get my new tire installed. Very happy
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm

I've changed more bicycle tires than I care to admit. The additional step for motorcycle tires is breaking the bead. There are some very nice and expensive machines that will do this cleanly, but with some care, you can lay a short 2x4 across the tire and use a second 2x4 anchored with something heavy to push down on the first. A 2nd person helping you would be welcome.

You should balance the wheels.

After that, some decent tire levers and rim protectors and lots and lots of dish soap and you're all set!

There are probably some decent videos on YouTube and you can search Webbikeworld for more info.

(DISCLAIMER: change tires at your own risk. advice above should not be construed as professional. you can cratch/nick/dent wheels and probably even figure out a way to kill yourself doing this. motorcycles are dangerous and so is their maintenance. it's not my fault if the incredibly brief description above causes you pain, suffering, embarrassment or some combination of all 3 Very happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a flat....AGAIN....   Got a flat....AGAIN.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Got a flat....AGAIN....
Page 1 of 1