Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flat Tops Colorado

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PanamaVail

PanamaVail

Flat Tops Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Flat Tops Colorado   Flat Tops Colorado EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 am

Just bought a used 2008 WR250R wanted one ever since I met Big Dog in Taylor Park CO, I was riding a klx250s then. My first Ride is up in the Flat Tops of Colorado. 110 named lakes 1000's of miles of legal forest roads. 10,700 ft above sea level. There is Wilderness Areas where you can't ride and roads end. I parked and left a truck camper up at Heart Lake and went back up 3 times in July. Dotsero I-70 exit 2 miles to Coffee Pot Rd, 12 miles up to the top and 15 miles into Heart Lake. Caught rainbow, cutthroat and brook trout. A buddy and I road up to Adams Lake on KLRs 2 years ago and dropped them 40 times in the rain, didn't drop the WR, I did get it stuck in the mud once and it took me an hour to drag it out inch by inch. [img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f41[url=https://servimg.com/view/16714289/21]Flat Tops Colorado Cuthro11/16/71/42/89/truckc22.jpg[/img][/url]Flat Tops Colorado Wr_win10Flat Tops Colorado Map11Flat Tops Colorado Truckc23
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

Flat Tops Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Tops Colorado   Flat Tops Colorado EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 am

Sounds like an excellent place to ride! I like your set up with the hitch carrier and a camper.
Back to top Go down
sunsetsuperman

sunsetsuperman

Flat Tops Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Tops Colorado   Flat Tops Colorado EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:32 pm

great pics , very nice !! and yeah hitch on yeah truck is the trick, i'm working on getn one of those myself , thumbs up !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flat Tops Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Tops Colorado   Flat Tops Colorado Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat Tops Colorado
Page 1 of 1