Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?

Go down 
+3
kingsquid
cryptomundo
X-Racer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
X-Racer

X-Racer

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Okay boys and girls... It's that time again. Let's hear your pics and forecasts both winners and losers !

I ran across this on Racer X (No relation) to get ya in the mood. Cech out these Billy Laninovich whips.

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/12/22/racer-x-films-the-hills-beaumont

At about 1:22 he's upside-down and backwards. Hoooollllyyyy chit ! !
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 pm

beaumont .. damn that looks fun .. racer x makes the best films

Jan 7th is a tuff call .. who's day will it be? who knows, but I do know its going to be a great start to an exciting season! I will attempt to make some pics maybe before the race

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

and the count down begins!

Here are a few of predictions/picks for Race 1 - Anaheim

This is like throwing a dart blind folded ..

1) Reed will not be in the top 5
2) JS will not crash
3) Metcalfe will win a heat race

SX - Here it goes ..

1st - JS
2nd - RD
3rd - Metcalfe
4th - RV
5th - Short
6th - Reed
7th - Windham
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:06 am

JS ? To win the SX class ? Really ?

The way I see it, that's WAY out on a limb with RV, RD and (Not your pick) CR.

The one thing I WILL agree with is that it's almost ANYONE's race.

I'd even go with the most illusive pick on Mike Alessi !

Here's my final:

#1: RV
#2: RD
#3: CR
#4: JS
#5: BM (or KW)
#6: AS
#7: MA
#8: CP (Pourcel)
#9: A, Stroupe
#10: I.T "Hot Sauce" ( Ivan Tedesco)

- Go big...
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 am

Im just thinking both JS & RD must be on the podium this weekend .. MX I would take RD over JS, but SX I like JS over RD (at least for now). The only thing with JS is his start .. RV has such good starts but Im going on RV not getting a good start in the main and JS getting lucky lol .. this is why i dont wager poser2 I like your 8,9 & 10 pics .. I could not come up with mine
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:39 am

Well... Like you said earlier, It's pretty much a crap-shoot.

Either way, personally I don't care. I just want to see a good race on a RACE track.

....AND I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Let's go racing, keep it clean, and may the best man (or woman) win.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:08 pm

... what I really meant was the complete opposite of what I said poser2

1) CR would be in the top 5
2) JS will crash
3) Metcalfe will not win his heat race

I really thought there would be more of a fight for first, but as soon as I saw RV get the holeshot and then CR behind RV, I knew RV would get some distance and 1st place was done .. RV was definitely cruising but I think CR might have held things up a bit .. tuff track to pass on and RV had the opportunity to really give himself some distance ..

JS bike seems like its gots some power .. go Yahama! RD bike just does not seem to have enough ummfff .. seems decent enough though and hope it works out for him .. the Yamaha's Suzuki's and Honda's seems to have a bit more .. not sure whats up with Metcalfe .. did not seem to give it too much last night .. dropped back pretty fast .. nice start in his heat race and then dropped back to 6th

lites racing was great .. seely, tomac .. very impressive run

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 am

Yeaup... Well... It wasn't as exciting as past A1 races was it ?

It wasn't that remarkable of a finish from what we predicted either way.

Everyone survived. Short was impressive. Dungey was his placid self.

I didn't pick, but should have on Brayton.

I didn't see Hanson in the top ten. Then again , I didn't see Metcalfe out of the top ten.

Alessi in the top ten was probably the biggest surprise.

1. Ryan Villopoto,

2. Chad Reed,

3. Ryan Dungey,

4. Justin Brayton,

5. Jake Weimer,

6. James Stewart,

7. Andrew Short,

8. Kevin Windham,

9. Mike Alessi,

10. Josh Hansen,

...and next week ? Any predicted Yahama winners ? wink

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Will RV have some competition today?? I think so! todays race should be very entertaining

1 - RV
2 - JS
2 - RD
4 - CR
5 - Brayton
6 - Weimer
7 - Short
8 - Metcalfe
9 - Canard
10 - IT
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:40 pm

I think so too... I'm hoping for a good race.

Here is something fun and we should start a kitty and pay out to the winner.

Go to ProMotoFan.com and register for Fantasy MX. It's free. You get to pick on both classes and it provides the standings. ...but it's not that easy. You have to know who's in an out, who's injured, who's got what for who, momentum ( Etc).

I did it last year, but never got all of the races "Entered" for pics. Still fun though...

My pics are pretty consistent with yours. Missing Metcalfe. Add Milsaps.

I have

1. Villopoto
2. Reed
3. Stewart
4. Dungey
5. Brayton
6. Short
7. Canard
8. Weimer
9. Millsaps
10. Tedesco
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:13 pm

I signed up on promotofan and got my picks in before the races last night .. didnt do so great lol

nice going RD! weimer too .. he's got to be happy with his performance .. metcalfe showed signs he might put up a fight (when he feels like it) .. RV & JS amaze me on how they can pass .. seems like not too many other riders can do what they do. JS might not have been feeling well last night but he needs a few races without dropping the bike or else his new mgt team is going to start having sleeping problems if they are not already lol

i was hoping to see tomac and seely end better but overall they did alright .. musquin is right where he wants to be .. nice going
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 pm

This weeks track looks awsome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6Q_-B3-bo&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Oh yea... They also showed some guys on the local news here last night. Those jumps look f'ing wicked.

I'm (RobRoy) in 82 place in ProMotoFan with 124 pts in SX and 42 in Lites. I'm a 'also ran'. Ha...

This weeks picks... I think Stewart is going to come out swinging. If he gets the start I think there is going to be fistacuffs between he and RV, which may take one, or the other, or both out. That would move my pics up two spots with Dungey, Reed and Canard on the box. We'll see..

Last week was pretty exciting. My pics...

1. Stewart
2. Villopoto
3. Dungey
4. Reed
5. Canard
6. Weimer
7. Windham
8. Brayton
9. Stroupe
10. Tedesco

Lights...

1. Rattray
2. Wilson
3. Tomac
4. Musquin
5. Seely
6. Sipes
7. Craig
8. Paluzzi
9. Izzi
10. Anastie
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 am

those pics look good . I could not decide on anything .. there are several lites riders threatening to win some races .. whos night will it be tonight! im hoping tomac or musquin can pull off the win
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am

hey i moved up on points lol im up to 62 now .. i had tomac winning the lites .. had top four in 450 class but wrong order.

oakland looks like it might be a FAST track .. last weeks track was super tight and looked like a major workout .. feel pretty bad for canard and morais .. canard should sit out the rest of the year and get back to %100

i think tomac is currently the fastest lites rider .. if tomac or wilson get a good start in oakland, i think they will be hard to beat. i think this weekend will be a win for RV. not sure what my other pics will be.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:47 pm

here goes Oakland ..

1-RV
2-CR
3-JS
4-RD
5-Weimer
6-Short
7-Metcalfe
8-Tedesco
9-Hansen
10-Brayton

Lites

1-Wilson
2-Tomac
3-Musquin
4-Davalos
5-Osborne
6-Rattray
7-Seely
8-Sipes
9-Anderson
10-Izzi

Im hoping Tomac can pull off back to back wins but Wilson I think will be hard to beat this weekend .. musquin I think might start surprising people .. that hit he took last week was ruff .. he will shake that off quick but if either wilson or tomac get a good start they will be hard to beat

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:56 pm

I think Tedesco is out, but my pics and yours are almost identical.

I'm really losing interest in not being able to watch it live.

After I know who's won it just seems like another race.

I guess I have to stop looking at the results in the AM. Grrrr....

There weather here has been fantastic.

I read the track should be perfect with nice loamy dirt.

I'd like to see others get into the mix. Alessi, Windham, Brayton ... Someone !
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:16 pm

....and the winnah his:

Results:

Supercross:

1. James Stewart (Yam) You picked: 3 I picked: 3

2. Chad Reed (Hon) You picked: 2 I picked: 2

3. Ryan Villopoto (Kaw) You picked: 1 I picked: 1

4. Ryan Dungey (KTM) You picked: 4 I picked: 4

5. Andrew Short (Hon) You picked: 6 I picked: 5

6. Kevin Windham (Hon) You picked; Not in top ten I picked : 6

7. Davi Millsaps (Yam) You picked; Not in top ten I picked: Not in top ten

8. Jake Weimer (Kaw) You picked: 5 I picked : 6

9. Justin Brayton (Hon) You picked: 10 I picked: 9

10. Josh Hansen (Kaw) You picked : 9 I picked: Not in top ten

I thought Alessi would be in the top ten as well as Josh Grant

Lites:

1. Eli Tomac (Hon) You picked: 1 I picked: 1

2. Marvin Musquin (KTM) You picked: 3 I picked: 2

3. Zach Osborne (Yam) You and I picked: not in top ten

4. Ryan Sipes (Yam) You picked: 8 I picked :5

5. Matt Moss (KTM) You and I picked: not in top ten

6. Travis Baker (Hon) You and I picked: not in top ten

7. Nico Izzi (Yam) You picked: 10 I picked: 7

8. Max Anstie (Hon) You picked Not in top ten I picked: 6

9. Martin Davalos (Suz): You and I both picked: 4

10. Dean Wilson (Kaw) You picked: 1 I picked: 3

I haven't seen the race yet. I need to go work on then ride one of my toys !

More later ! A2 next week !
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 pm

thumb Alright. Good to see this forum topic is still going, been awhile since I've been here.

Great race in Oakland. Four races, four winners. Unreal! cheers

I'll remember to check back in more often...
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Kingsquid: Yes it is ! Two seasons in a row !

Go register for the free Promotofan.com MX fantasy race !

The good news is it is free, the bad news is you are behind in points, may have a hard time picking up winners now every week so you may have to pay out to either me, or CryptoMundo as winners at the end of the season ! Baaahahahahaaa...
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 am

Very cool season so far. Roger D has always been the man and love to see the KTM in the mix.

Like I was saying last year Villapota is so in Stewart's head he is giving him room to self destruct. Obviously if Villapoto gets the start he will check out. Reed got the start at Oakland. After getting through the pack, Villapoto could have taken either Reed or Stewart if he wanted to be like late season risky but there was no need. Once Stewart passed Reed's head went to, "I am not as fast so I have to bang and block.". No need for Villapoto to risk it so very smart race on Villapoto's part. Villapoto won that race by finishing 3rd I would say as he just laid a major head trip on Stewart (easy) and Reed (less easy). At this point I think Dungey being consistent is more a threat than those two to Villapoto.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 am

X-Racer wrote:
Kingsquid: Yes it is ! Two seasons in a row !

Go register for the free Promotofan.com MX fantasy race !

The good news is it is free, the bad news is you are behind in points, may have a hard time picking up winners now every week so you may have to pay out to either me, or CryptoMundo as winners at the end of the season ! Baaahahahahaaa...

Sorry, I'll pass on the fantasy SX game since I missed the start. Still recovering from a harsh defeat in my fantasy football league.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:46 am

looking at this weeks track and does not look as tight as the other tracks .. whoop section a little longer than last week .. seems like it would put RV or JS at the top. I am thinking RV needs to win a race so this week I have

1- RV
2 - RD
3 - CR
4 - JS

In the lites I have

1 - MM
2 - Tomac
3 - Osborne
4 - Wilson

just listing my top 4 this week .. YES thats correct I have Dungey in second .. just thinking that KTM is going to have a super clean run especially through the whoops .. in the lites I am thinking Musquin will get a good start and stay at the top and not let Tomac get his third straight win .. apparently this is Osborne last race and is going to be on a mission but MM and Tomac are too good
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 am

no surprises with the top boys last week, but can you believe three in a row for tomac! i have a feeling we might have some new winners this week in both classes .. track looks tricky .. couple of tight turns and a suppppperr longg whoop section .. gonna be some good racing!
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 am

great racing in san diego .. on to the Big D this weekend! track looks good .. nothing like the whoop section last week .. I think some guys who have been having troubles lately might step up this week and do pretty good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?    2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?   Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Supercross Season - Are you ready to rumble ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next