Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?

Go down 
+3
Coop
motokid
Daamud
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Daamud

Daamud

Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

Figured it should help not melting my gear and/or blinkers.

Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? 019

It's just a small chunk of curved thin wall conduit pounded in the end. Road it around today, I hear the wind over the exhaust note. The picture makes it look like it sticks out further than it does.

Am I stupid for thinking this is a good idea??

dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 am

Did you notice any reduction in throttle response or overall power?

As restricted as the stock exhaust is, I doubt you've changed the performance of the bike much by adding a bit more.

It ain't pretty....but if you're not melting expensive stuff more power to ya.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:26 am

Two strokes used to come with a short piece like that to help aim the exhaust note down so the bike sounds quieter. I guess vanity got in the way of quiet bikes and they disappeared awhile ago. I've considered it because one section of trails I ride is near houses and they complain about the loud MX bikes and quads. So the quieter when riding off-road the better.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:01 am

I noticed no change in power. I actually started doing third gear wheelies yesterday.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Coop wrote:
Two strokes used to come with a short piece like that to help aim the exhaust note down so the bike sounds quieter. I guess vanity got in the way of quiet bikes and they disappeared awhile ago. I've considered it because one section of trails I ride is near houses and they complain about the loud MX bikes and quads. So the quieter when riding off-road the better.

Some still do. The FMF silencers usually do. The one on my KX does that.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:35 pm

oic0 wrote:

certainly know that most two stroke 50cc scooter pipes come like that. back in my home town every "cool" teen puts an aftermarket pipe on their little 50cc scoot. just absolutely horrendously loud as hell. And honestly gives no performance improvement but I guess 14 year old's like to fool around like that. most aftermarket exhausts have the pipe pointing the gasses down towards the road, but listening to those loud f****** I'm not sure how much it help... at least not when you are banging a little 5hp motor to its limits literally the whole time baldy
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Not many people on scooters here. The ones that are leave the quiet to avoid drawing attention to the fact they are on a scooter ;) major stigma with them over here.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm

oic0 wrote:

Nice. The last RM I had was equipped with a Bills silencer and it didn't have one. The stock exhaust on my 2003 KDX did, but the FMF Q series a friend has on his 2005 YZ250 doesn't. So between the Bill's and the Q Stealth I thought maybe they stopped doing it. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm

But, it's not chrome! Fonzie said he was going to put chrome extenders on his bike... Happy Days The Motorcycle Close to the end of the show.

If nothing else, the scream at 5:10 should give you a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 pm

what about the Graves end cap does that do anything other then change the note?
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Heoz wrote:
But, it's not chrome! Fonzie said he was going to put chrome extenders on his bike... Happy Days The Motorcycle Close to the end of the show.

If nothing else, the scream at 5:10 should give you a good laugh.

Just got around to watching it..... thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?   Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone put a tailpipe on their muffler?
Page 1 of 1