Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SKidplate/Rad Guard

Go down 
+24
rydnseek
kitfox22
WRRSam
Jäger
DirtFarmer
john92
skierd
asheville thumper
fasteer
0007onWR
inspector
INSTIGATOR
BPG
shredak
Fargo_Wolf
mwakey
mtb
Krabill
boogn1sh
spikehead
Don T
Louisbiker
YamWOW!
SheWolf
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 am

Installed a Ricochet bash plate tonight. Bolted up in 72 seconds, heavy freaking duty, high quality, A+. It definitely changed the sound of the engine though. Sounds even "raspier" than before.
Doesn't sound right to my ears, but ppl tell me this is a 4-stroke and they sound like that? I love the feel of the m e l l o w power, but the sound is just not right. Guess I could try making ring-ding sounds in my head while riding dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 10:38 am

You'll get more noise because of the skid plate trapping noise in there...you'll also get debris caught up in there too. You might consider drilling some holes in the bottom/front and add some canopy foam or something to buffer in between the frame carriage and the plate. It won't be as annoying. thumb

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You might consider drilling some holes in the bottom/front...

If I was going to do that, I would have bought the Flatland Racing plate. The reason I choose the Ricochet was it's solid design with no extra mud collecting holes. Taking the plate off to clean underneath is no problem. The sound of a four-stroke moto engine is my problem! SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 Redflip
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Ride on, bro...ride on. Very happy

Louisbiker

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 3:40 am

boogn1sh wrote:
Installed a Ricochet bash plate tonight. Bolted up in 72 seconds, heavy freaking duty, high quality, A+. It definitely changed the sound of the engine though. Sounds even "raspier" than before.
Doesn't sound right to my ears, but ppl tell me this is a 4-stroke and they sound like that? I love the feel of the m e l l o w power, but the sound is just not right. Guess I could try making ring-ding sounds in my head while riding dunno

I've probably got the same bash plate. solid bugger Very happy

The noise was crazy, couldn't stand it. I fixed it totally by sticking some 2mm rubber mat to the inside and putting rubber grommets in the mounting holes. had to make them bugger though. Now the bash plate is not touching the bike at all, and quiet.

Not solid rubber mat, but light spongy stuff. pretty light.

Totally worth the effort!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 pm

boogn1sh wrote:
Bolted up in 72 seconds,

Guess I could try making ring-ding sounds in my head while riding dunno

72 seconds? No way man. That's at least a 75 second job. poser2

Stick this in your iPod and listen to it while you ride. It'll make you feel right at home...

Ring-A-Ding-Ding_Waaaaa Very happy
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:54 am

mwakey wrote:

Ring-A-Ding-Ding_Waaaaa Very happy

poser2 I love it!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:29 am

Add that to the Hamster Dance and you'll have people peeing themselves. Very happy

Fargo_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:54 am

poser2 I failed the test.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:56 am

You failed it before you even looked at it, you twit. Very happy

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 12:39 am

SheWolf wrote:
You failed it before you even looked at it, you twit. Very happy

poser2
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 am

what if I just started smiling and leaning into the corners and its still playing while I go about my business?
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 am

still playing
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:06 pm

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 031

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 012

Flatlands plate here. Bolted on in a few minutes (I used blue threadlock just in case). Sound was pretty bad - and I understand the Richochet is even noisier (!!!!).

Picked up a 17 foot roll of 3/16" X 1/2" weatherstripping at Lowes and applied it to the frame rails where the plate touches, then re-installed the skid plate. Almost as quiet as stock at all RPMs now!!!
freaky
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 am

I helped my friend to install the flatland skid plate.. and I have to say it is one of the thickest skid plates I've ever seen!!! bow

But sh!t, my force radiator guard is not here yet.... I placed an order for a black piece back on 23rd of March baldy baldy baldy baldy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 am

E-mail Geoff. He's usually pretty good with that.

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:07 am

SheWolf wrote:
E-mail Geoff. He's usually pretty good with that.

Ya I did... I emailed him on Monday(March 30th), and he told me that it would be shipped on Monday..

So there I was, eagerly waiting for my guard to arrive...

But only today, Friday, that I received the email stating that my item has been shipped Rolling Eyes

Well I guess it should come next week then dunno

I've always thought OZ is nearer than Japan and UK GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am

That is strange. It only took 5 days for mine to get here when they shipped it. dunno

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:35 am

Precisely... maybe it was due to the fact that I ordered the black one? dunno

I just hope it WILL arrive eventually and not missing any bolts or parts tough
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Finally.......I got the radiator guard this morning beavis

I just installed the guard... pretty straightforward since I've installed one for my friend's new X last week...

It's a HOT piece man! beavis

I was having my leg BBQed while riding the bike... the back plate seems to channel ALL the hot air down, even when it's night time now...

I wonder what will happen when I ride it during the day time? eeek
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:00 pm

Mark, if rolling up and over something, will the plate protect the frame or just the engine case???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Hmmm...I haven't noticed excess heat coming from mine. scratch I'd slip in a sheet of bug screen behind it tho; it'll save pluggin up your fins. thumb

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:42 am

INSTIGATOR wrote:
Mark, if rolling up and over something, will the plate protect the frame or just the engine case???

The Evotech plate will mainly protect the engine case. It fits inbetween the frame rails, but it sticks out a bit so I guess it would help some. If I were doing heavy off roading and going over stuff like you mentioned, I would think about something beefier than this plate.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:59 am

I don't like the way the beefier ones look. I went down some stairs yesterday and the frame bottomed out. I'm staying away from heavy offroading for now. What if I were to shim it out some so it stuck out a little more?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 6:33 pm

INSTIGATOR wrote:
I don't like the way the beefier ones look. I went down some stairs yesterday and the frame bottomed out. I'm staying away from heavy offroading for now. What if I were to shim it out some so it stuck out a little more?

That would work. Actually I shimmed mine out, but not for the same reason. I put some thick nylon washers on the inside between the bike and skid plate to cut down on the vibes. It doesn't make a sound now. If you bolt it direct to the bike the rear edge is just a C-hair away from the frame cross member and it vibrated and rattled when I hit small bumps. Mine sits just below the bottom of the frame rails now, so you could go out a bit more I think by just shimming the rear bolt holes.

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 DSCN2845

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 DSCN2842
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SKidplate/Rad Guard
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next