Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SKidplate/Rad Guard

Go down 
+24
rydnseek
kitfox22
WRRSam
Jäger
DirtFarmer
john92
skierd
asheville thumper
fasteer
0007onWR
inspector
INSTIGATOR
BPG
shredak
Fargo_Wolf
mwakey
mtb
Krabill
boogn1sh
spikehead
Don T
Louisbiker
YamWOW!
SheWolf
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kitfox22

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Great thank you.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

I ordered the TT one last thursday.. it came today! Easy fit, 4 bolts. Took longer to take pictures than to install it.

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 0809wr250xskidplate2

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 0809wr250xskidplate3

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 0809wr250xskidplate1

Now when my knobbies come, i can take her out & get her dirty!

This is the same skidplate sold by ricochet.. it actually came from them directly.

scotty
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 pm

I've got the Flatland skid plate and rad guard. I'm pretty happy with the setup. I don't notice any noise others have complained about, probably because if I do any street riding, I've got my Ipod ear buds in with some tunes playing. If I'm off road, I'm too busy paying attention to where I'm going. I put the Flatland rad guards on my son's WR250F and he took a spill a few weeks ago in the dirt. It wasn't anything significant but he did bend the rad guard back a bit. I had to work out the bend to get it back to normal.

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 pm

I used washers to shim my plate away from the frame & isolated it with a rubber washer under the bolt head. Hardware store stuff, & of course the loctite.
BPG wrote:
SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 031

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 012

Flatlands plate here. Bolted on in a few minutes (I used blue threadlock just in case). Sound was pretty bad - and I understand the Richochet is even noisier (!!!!).

Picked up a 17 foot roll of 3/16" X 1/2" weatherstripping at Lowes and applied it to the frame rails where the plate touches, then re-installed the skid plate. Almost as quiet as stock at all RPMs now!!!
SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 500735
Back to top Go down
velox

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

mwakey wrote:
Lookie what I got today! FINALLY!!!!!

I didn't like the bolts that came with it. Mainly because I didn't have that size wrench at home. Very happy So I dug into my treasure chest of junk and found some black bolts for the front and some slightly longer bolts for the rear. I also noticed that the very rear of the plate was a silly millimeter away from making contact with the frame and thought that may be an issue with possible noise from vibration. So I mounted the plate with some nylon washers on the inside between the plate and bike. The washers jacked it out just enough to keep it well clear of the frame. Looks good and I am totally happy with the perfect fit and bend of the plate. It's not as beefy as some but will do for my kind of riding.

Oh ya, and I polished up my frame just for this pic, so you can see what yours will look like after you get all that mud off your bike MTB!!

SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 DSCN2843

Where did you get those side plastic guards?
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am

Received and installed black anodized Force Rad Guard today. Took about a month to get here (Canada), but it's very light and seems sturdy as hell for side impacts. I guess the real test will be when she gets layed down...but I'm not hoping or waiting for that. Back to the business of riding.

Mod order so far:

airbox mod
FMF programmer
Sicass Edge taillight
GYTR muffler
Graves exup sub
AIS removal kit
Force Rad Guard....

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:53 am

Learn from Chadx's misfortune and ziptie the panel to the rad guard. It's a bit of a pain if you want the result to look super neat and tidy and invisible, but it beats bending the rad from a side impact anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKidplate/Rad Guard   SKidplate/Rad Guard - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SKidplate/Rad Guard
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4