Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...

Go down 
+9
stevo66
Big-O
DesertRatliff
Rapid Dog
twday
motokid
anoldsman
BuilderBob
renato_pt
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big-O

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm

I just received the same reply from dynojet. I did ask if this is a freebee kind of test or would it cost me $. Still waiting for the reply. I also just ordered up the autotune module. If anyone else has this unit, where exactly did you weld the bung on and as an after thought, would another place have been better?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:26 pm

motokid wrote:
Why are there not more maps for the PCV available by now?

Seems like a very limited quantity exist.

Too limited for a bike that's been around since 2008.

I think they're greedy. I'm sure since 2008 more than a few people have had "Full FMF, Ultimate Airbox, deflapped and desmogged." Program 6 works well enough, but c'mon, do we really all need to buy auto tune?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't think the Autotune is "needed" - but conditions change all the time.

Temp, humidity, elevation, and such - which the Autotune supposedly corrects for.

A new map created in Las Vegas in June probably won't help me much in Delaware in November.

But I would love to see more people - those with Autotunes especially - posting their files for us.

I personally can't see ever buying an Autotune.

I love the feel of my bike since I switched over to the basic map I'm using now.

But I would love to experiment with some options.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 am

I think it would be great to have a page with tuned maps for the WR on this site. I have one for a Delta Barrel 4 with insert, K&N filter, flapper and AIS mods at 12.8/1 ratio if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 am

Carbomb wrote:
I think it would be great to have a page with tuned maps for the WR on this site. I have one for a Delta Barrel 4 with insert, K&N filter, flapper and AIS mods at 12.8/1 ratio if anyone is interested.

Yeah - I just can't quite figure out how people can post a downloadable file here.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Carbomb wrote:

I am ! PM incoming.
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 am

I would think that it could be attached to an email or if someone has their own little site that it could be posted at.  After some time I will post a link or whatever to the map(s) that I generate with the autotune.  By the way, I was told by the people at Dynotune that if I or whomever brought their bike and pipes etc to be dynotuned so the maps could be posted, would be a free-bee.  So for all you Nevada riders, go crazy and get your bikes to Dynotune!
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Carbomb wrote:

12.8 AFR is too rich all thru the RPM range. Harley guys with the PCV are running 14:1. I assume since most of them are trying to get fuel economy in the cruising range is the reasoning. I set my AFR table on my autotune to be leaner in the lower rpms and richer up top.  Seems to be working well. The thing with the autotune that most guys don't do is turn it off. Once the map is created and you have made your adjustments from multiple rides its not doing anything. To help with sensor life I remove mine and install the bung. If I make changes the sensor goes back in for another tuning session.

Heres where I welded the bung on mine. Right in the pipe of the slip on. The reason picked that spot, I have a stock header. If I wanted to get a powerbomb after I can tune for it.
Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 Image13

Plus the frame protects the sensor in case of a spill. Its not protected when welded into the header.

If anyone needs a map for a Yosh exhaust....PM me your email and I will send you a map with my AFR table as well.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 pm

[quote="NewfieThumper"]
Carbomb wrote:

If anyone needs a map for a Yosh exhaust....PM me your email and I will send you a map with my AFR table as well.

What are you running for airbox mods and air filter?
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
NewfieThumper wrote:
Carbomb wrote:

What are you running for airbox mods and air filter?

The map I have been working on is for a Yosh pipe, stock header, K&N Air filter with air box flapper taped down and hardware removed. I started with the two brothers slip on map and built the Yosh pipe from that. Tonight I did a Frogzskin airbox mod by yours truly and I am working on a map for that and will post results in its own mod section on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...   Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dynojet Powercommander V (Fuel Only) Question...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2