Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Forgot to install the front rim lock!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Forgot to install the front rim lock! Empty
PostSubject: Forgot to install the front rim lock!   Forgot to install the front rim lock! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

I just got through putting rubber on my aftermarket 18" and 21" wheels to add dirt tires to my X. I just realized I forgot to install the front rim lock. Looking at my 450x, there is definitely one on the front. Do I rip it apart to install it, or to hell with it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgot to install the front rim lock!   Forgot to install the front rim lock! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

IMO, a rim lock on the front isn't terribly important unless you like to run really low tire pressures...keep it above 15 psi and you should be good.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Forgot to install the front rim lock!   Forgot to install the front rim lock! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 am

Hi,

I haven't had any experience with tire balls but I have been running the Tubliss system for well over two years now with no problems. The high pressure in the "inner tube" needs to be monitored as it has a small volume and it doesn't take too many molecules to pass to lower the pressure. I found that using a high quality metal valve stem cap helps to slow the deflation. Mine will drop from 110 to 90 in about a week or ten days. Even at 80 or 90 psi in the inner tube the Tubliss system is effective. I also found that if using a tube type tire installing some Slime seems to take the place of a tubeless tire's air holding inner liner.

I am presently running a Pirelli MT43 rear at 5-6 psi and a Scorpion Pro front at 10 psi. The MT43's traction is remarkable, much better than the Scorpion Pro I used to run in the rear at the same pressures. I don't know how it will wear but it is much more durable than the Michelin X Light Trials which netted me nothing but puncture after puncture and finally a tear that even the slim couldn't breach. I rode an entire "hero" section at the Big Woods 200 with the Michelin completely flat only because of the Tubliss system so if you don't like the balls this would be a great option.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgot to install the front rim lock!   Forgot to install the front rim lock! Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgot to install the front rim lock!
Page 1 of 1