Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2 and a half hour highway drive ok?

Go down 
+13
Blackdog
mordicai
Crazy M
YZEtc
georgis4
GusinCA
Torontorocko
mucker
oic0
bigg
gatorfan
wristpin
kpla51
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

2 and a half hour highway drive ok? Empty
PostSubject: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Is this bike capable of 70 mph fort 2 and a half hours on the highway? I need to make a trip this weekend and don't want to take the gas sucking jeep
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm

No problem if you ass can handle it. The bike can handle it no problem.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm

wristpin wrote:
No problem if you ass can handle it. The bike can handle it no problem.

The bike will be fine. You??
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:05 am

I'll answer that by saying I do twice a year a 10 hour highway trip. 900 km pinned to 70 with luggage. never had a single problem, except for a slightly sore behind by the time I arrive Very happy
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Everything between my legs goes numb after 30 mins at a true 70+... a little disturbing lol.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:30 pm

I think that is why the gas tank is so small...no human ass could tolerate further without a break, so you can make a gas stop your excuse...those Yammy guys thought of everything.
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

mucker wrote:
I think that is why the gas tank is so small...no human ass could tolerate further without a break, so you can make a gas stop your excuse...those Yammy guys thought of everything.

Smart thinking! Very happy
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:08 pm

I've gone hour after hour at 75mph. Stand on pegs every so often. I feel fine until I get off and realize my ears are ringing and my hands are numb.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:08 pm

With my bigger rear sprocket I'm not sure my bike can even do 70 anymore.

And it would wear my knobbies and tire balls out.

My tire balls are not the only balls that would wind up worn out, though.

Bike can handle anything. Ass not so much.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:42 pm

gatorfan wrote:
I've gone hour after hour at 75mph. Stand on pegs every so often. I feel fine until I get off and realize my ears are ringing and my hands are numb.

Ear plugs are a must above 60mph for me (my favs are the winchester ones). Bellow that, my favorite helmet fits well enough that there is just a calm woosh... but at 70 the sound is at a whole other level and its just too much. I can feel the hearing damage as its happening woohoo
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:50 pm

I like the icon variant like the one kalani prince has seems good for highway riding
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:45 pm

The trip wasn't bad my ass is sore though two questions in the first 20 30 miles the temp light came on when I was going 70 but when I let off the gas it turned off a few seconds later it did this twice and second question how many miles do you have when the gas light turnes on
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:36 am

Temp light at 70??(100+ in km)
Never heard of that...is your coolant level at max?also check by taking of the radiator cap.
When the gas light turns i usually have done from 80 to 120+ km.it depends from your riding style each time.havent seen below or above that..
Anyway your temp light at that speed isnt normal something is wrong and i hope that is low coolant...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 6:24 am

Is the radiator still bent?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:31 am

Ya I didn't think it was tweaked enough to cause that bit I guess so it was pretty hot out too when the sun started going down it didn't do it
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:31 am

Coolant level is full
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:52 am

Some Ting Wong.

I have never seen my temp light. Ever. Even in 100 degrees and slow single track.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:10 am

Is 10w 40 ok for this type of heat?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:15 am

The last row of fins towards the bottom is smashed in about four inches long of fins but other than that the radiator looks fine I'm guessing this affects it alot?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:23 am

Just today I rode 350 km, mostly autobahn. the bike should not overheat doing those speeds. must be the radiator, if everything else is fine. remember it's a pretty small radiator for a bike, so even if you lose 10 or 15% cooling because it's smashed up, that may be enough for it to over heat.

also, I get at the very least 150 km before my light goes on (my record before light turning on is 182 km wink ). however, I really do fill the bike to the brim, (over the little metal pump holder thingy).
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:58 am

after my 1000 km service i took my bike from toronto ontario to shubi nova scoita, i was on stock gearing 13/42(i think) and i was crusing at 110km/h. my low fuel light was comming on at 100 km, so every hour. since the seat is a 2x6 with tissue on it, the every hour gas stop was kind of nice....now after my trip came the lowering, bugger tank and gearing
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Could that lower 4 inches of fins smashed in on the first row rely cause an overheat? And if the light was only on for about 30 seconds did I hurt anything?
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Dont worry you didnt hurt anything.you just got a sign that you need a new radiator if this one cant be fixed...
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Ok I was worried I could be seriously hurting her she's only 350 miles old maybe the dealership didnt put the correct or best coolant in her is that engine ice any good?
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Changed it a month ago with motul motocool expert and the deference is that i havent heard my radiator fan since then;-).whatever you choose make sure it lubes your water pump and is good for aluminum engines/radiators.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 and a half hour highway drive ok?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next