Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cant decide on tread pattern

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ArrizX

Cant decide on tread pattern Empty
PostSubject: Cant decide on tread pattern   Cant decide on tread pattern EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 am

I havent had much dirt time so I dont know what is better. More skinny blocks or less but bigger blocks?

Im looking at 2 different tires..

Kenda K760 Trakmaster II's

Michelin AC10s.

I do alot of pavement riding. When I see dirt only in the spring and fall is it ever wet or moist. Its usually very fine dust/sand or a compact dirt road. Lots of field debris too. Small downed trees, rocks, thick dead brush. I live in a very hilly area and in what little offroading ive done, there is always a few hill climbs. Some not bad, a couple I didnt make up to the top because I either lost control or my bike dug a hole in the fine dust, or the front washed to one side or the other.

Thats as best as I can describe my area. Can someone reccomend me one of the two tires or something else completely? And tell me which type is better for what. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Cant decide on tread pattern   Cant decide on tread pattern EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Those two rear tires are pretty similar in performance on and off road, its kinda hard to tell em apart they're that close, go with the kenda its waaaay cheaper.

The fronts a different story, the front tm2 really sucks dont buy it.
Back to top Go down
Wrroom

PostSubject: Re: Cant decide on tread pattern   Cant decide on tread pattern EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

I had the Trackmasters too on a previous bike. Loved them on hill climbs, in mud, and pretty much everywhere. I could also corner with them on the road pretty well once I got used to their wild cornering characteristics. But I don't thnki I'd get the front again either. Their wear pattern kept making the bike want to go into wobble at higher speeds. Too many other front tires out there that I'd rather try.

I've been wanting to try the AC10s. Maybe after my D606s.

The Trackmasters are definitely better on sandy hill climbs in my area than Dunlop D606s or the stock Trailwings. I have one climb that I have never been able to make with the latter two tires, that I have been able to do with the TM2s. I always come to a dead stop, either digging myself deep (Trailwings) or staying on the surface and spinning uselessly (D606). The TM2s used to tractor right up usually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant decide on tread pattern   Cant decide on tread pattern Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant decide on tread pattern
Page 1 of 1