Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires

Go down 
+5
rsteiger
motokid
mucker
IAmABug
tblumer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JBEGNOCHE

stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires   stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Had very similar thing happen in Colorado. I called home to local shop. They said drain fuel and put in sea foam and fresh 91 octane. I did and it cured the bike, also saved the vacation. Anytime you have this type of issue, drain gas and put in some type of gas treatment for ethanol. These bikes apparently do NOT like ethanol at high altitude. I had just filled up and when I drained the gas it was cloudy. They were filling the tanks at the station when we filled up and I had always been told not to fill up when they are dumping in new gas because it stirs up what is in the tank. Any opinions? Thanks, Justin.
Back to top Go down
jester

jester

stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires   stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:41 pm

2012 wrr.
1600k or 600miles. rides great.
pull covers clean air filter. slap er back together. ready to ride. NOT
hit start button. pops stutters turns over like a mad man. pull plug looks new as it should. turn it over with plug removed sparking like a mad man.
scratches head  :hmmm: 
check forums.  :hmmm: 
runs to local bike shop for a new plug. slap er in. hits start button.

BOOM 

we have lift off.

i have ridden many bikes over the years. i have never seen a plug in new looking condition cause a no start.
in fact i have pulled plugs after a riding season and said holy hell how is this bike still running.
just odd. goes to show any bike you ride is gonna have quirks
Back to top Go down

stalled a few times riding, now wont start, backfires
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2