Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

GYTR Exhaust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
keetmanaa

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Does the GYTR exhaust require addition of a fuel programmer?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 4:49 pm

keetmanaa wrote:

No and well kind of.

It will work without the programmer and plenty of people have done it. It doesn't appear to hurt the engine but may lean it out in some spots but it is you bike and your choice. It will work better with a programmer and a PCV programmer at that. They are about $50 more expensive than the FMF if you shop around. And you should pay about $260-280.

But it comes down to personal preference and money. But the mods are like an addiction and when you look at modding the airbox and look to get a bit more power again it is good to have a programmer installed. I actually installed my PCV with fuel and ignition before my exhaust. It smoothed out the jerkiness and helped it lug better at low RPM and pulls harder at higher RPM.
Back to top Go down
keetmanaa

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:12 pm

speersie wrote:
keetmanaa wrote:

No and well kind of.

It will work better with a programmer

Does the fuel programmer also improve the on/off throttle snatch?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:38 pm

It does. I can't speak for the FMF it is not as well refined as the PCV. The PCV can add and remove fuel every 250 RPM (FMF can only add fuel and only at low mid and high RPM). You can load PC premade maps or have one custom made on a dyno. You can also make changes yourself on you PC and upload the map. There are people on here that are willing to share maps and will list their mods.

This is another members thread with the gains he got from a custom tune and some ignition changes. These gains are from another members map which he already had a lot of gain from stock.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11192-pcv-fuel-ignition-fuel-map-to-share

If you want and have the spare cash you can buy an auto tune module for it that makes it closed loop and keeps it at the desired range for that RPM again this can be set either for all or you can set it per 250RPM which means you can lean it out for cruising and better fuel economy. If you have a lot of time you can do maps per gear.

This place is where I got mine and still seems to have the best deal. If you can find it for better than $280 with fuel and injection your doing well RRP is all but $400.
https://www.motomummy.com/dynojet-powercommanders/dynojet-powercommander-v-dual-sport/dirt/
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:49 pm

I would try the CO adjustment 1st. On mine the air box & exhaust mods were easily compensated for with the stock adjustments & eliminated the throttle snatch. That was before the bore & stroke....
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:08 pm

CO mode and TPS adjustement made a huge gain on the "drivability"on mine, I dont run a programmer.
Back to top Go down
keetmanaa

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 pm

4play wrote:
I would try the CO adjustment 1st. On mine the air box & exhaust mods were easily compensated for with the stock adjustments & eliminated the throttle snatch.

What value did you set CO to?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 pm

keetmanaa wrote:
4play wrote:
I would try the CO adjustment 1st. On mine the air box & exhaust mods were easily compensated for with the stock adjustments & eliminated the throttle snatch.

What value did you set CO to?

Not sure it works like that. Meaning you can't just use another persons number since it appears that number is set at the factory depending on the performance of the bike. Most bikes seem to have different values.

From what I remember it seems that most people end up with a a setting about 5 numbers higher than what they had. The key is to adjust it, ride it, adjust it, ride it, so on and so forth until you are happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GYTR Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: GYTR Exhaust   GYTR Exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

GYTR Exhaust
Page 1 of 1