Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Question about Dunlop D606's

Go down 
+2
WRRSam
lancek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Question about Dunlop D606's Empty
PostSubject: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Ive had the 606's on for a little while after riding with the TW's.

I find my bike very flighty in the gravel and sand, I think the TW's used to float more and certainly didnt drift like these do. I do notice the grip in certain situations but definately the bike feels looser both on the road at speed (over 100ks) and in the soft stuff.

The reality is it may be gripping more - but its just how it feels.

For got to add Im also using 1" risers which I never had before and this can add to it also.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 am

I'am no expert but could tyre pressures affect this?
If the D606 were running at a higher pressure then the TW's would that make a difference?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am

Two things come to my mind:
What's your tire pressure?
Is the new rear tire taller in sidewall height than the old one?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am

Question about Dunlop D606's Icon_scratch I run 606's and never had the flighty problem until they were wore out....and even then they didn't crap out on me like the TW's did. I run anywhere from 14 up to 21 lbs in them, depending on what I'm riding in. Even at speeds over 100, the bike is fine and tracks well, even on fire roads.

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm

although i haven't run them on the wr yet, i found the pirelli mt21 front was better than the 606 on pavement, about equal off road.

i feel the 606 rear is maybe a little better.

so on my dr650 i used to run the mt21 front, 606 rear. it worked really well for me.
Back to top Go down
David Haynes

David Haynes

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:38 am

clapped_r6 wrote:
although i haven't run them on the wr yet, i found the pirelli mt21 front was better than the 606 on pavement, about equal off road.

i feel the 606 rear is maybe a little better.

so on my dr650 i used to run the mt21 front, 606 rear. it worked really well for me.

MT21 F and 606 R is popular combo on many DS bikes.

On my Dakar the 606 front wanted to climb ruts when I didn't and cupped very quickly. The MT21 front was much better off road but downright scary on wet tarmac. On the Dakar - I know it's heavier - it wore out pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah, the 21 isn't the best option for wet pavement. I've heard some uglies about that, which is why I steered away from them altogether. I still have a brand new 606 rear to use, but I'm not gonna bother with the 606 front again. Too squirmy in sand and loose gravel, and like Dave's bike, it cupped and feathered weird. The StoneEater I have on the front is a great front tire so far (I have the same on the back, just a rear tread). The 606 for a rear tire is a phenomenal gripping DOT tire. Question about Dunlop D606's 61865 5000+ miles says a lot for an offroady tire.

PostSubject: Re: Question about Dunlop D606's   Question about Dunlop D606's Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Dunlop D606's
Page 1 of 1