Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NicWR

Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) Empty
PostSubject: Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)   Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Hey WR riders!  cheers

I wanted to remove my airbox door on my WR250X to get that gnarly sound droooool

But now I have a question.

If I ride with an open airbox, does it affect the petrol mixture/does the engine get too much air and not enough petrol?
To my knowledge the injection and control unit of the bike should regulate the mixture itself shouldn't it?

I really like the sound with open airbox but I dont want to kill my engine just for the sound Very happy

Hope my writing is understandable (Im from switzerland Very happy)

Greetings
NicWR
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)   Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 am

Most people will tell you that you need a fuel programmer in order to do this properly for the very same reason you wrote.

I say two things:
1) Don't kid yourself and do it the right way.
2) I feel the increased intake noise is a negative.
Some noise is fine, too much is no good.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)   Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 6:37 am

The top of my airbox is modded some for more air, and I have an aftermarked header and pipe.
No programmer, its been fine for 20.000km.

However, removing the door adds a lot of air, i'd recon you'd need a programmer for this.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)   Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 am

NicWR wrote:

To my knowledge the injection and control unit of the bike should regulate the mixture itself shouldn't it?

It does regulate but not to that extent. If that were the case what would be the purpose of a programmer?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)   Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander) Empty

Back to top Go down

Airbox door remove (no fuel programmer/power commander)
Page 1 of 1