Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Oil Filters?

Go down 
+43
Blackdog
Caan Saer
spadgitt
mordicai
nap
AaronWhitt82
phroenips
Jäger
motokid
17and21
BWA
cuban11182
Akasy
M1A Rifleman
mash100
lukachuki
njbill
Jersey Devil
SheWolf
yellowredlight
clapped_r6
Bgunn
hughtwg
wilburj
Pancho
edteamslr
0007onWR
Crawdaddy
sswrx
YZEtc
greer
rydnseek
PonchoV
skierd
INSTIGATOR
garman
Chrispy1200
mwakey
BluePill
edwardhill1995
WeaveR
Machtig
ZED
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
17and21

Oil Filters? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:56 am

Update:
The dude at TR that handles this stuff has emailed me.
I replied with all the info.
He's looking into it.

I'll update again as info becomes available...
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 am

I know that the K&N filter number is a KN-141 and I thought K&N also made filters for HiFlo?
Pretty sure the correct HiFlo filter should be a HF-141...
I wonder if they made a mistake on HiFlo's website or if they changed the filter number for some reason?
Back to top Go down
17and21

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:23 pm

UPDATE:

It seems that my inquiry has resulted in a change in the TR parts list.

Here is the page from their catalog as of today 4/13/11.

[img]Oil Filters? - Page 4 HIFL[/img]
Back to top Go down
nap

nap

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:13 pm

i bought a reusable stainless from moose racing and it was slightly shorter than stock. wasnt too sure about it so i ordered a different brand reusable and it didnt fit quite right either . now I use Yamaha OEM filter only on the advice of a good yamaha buddy.

"what you could lose by using the wrong filter FAR outweighs what you could gain by going to a better aftermarket filter" just use OEM is my suggestion
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 pm

From what I read the Yamaha filter outfilters all the after market crap.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Does anyone know the difference between the K&N/Hiflo 141 and the 140? I've got an '09 and when I bought my first oil filter I looked in the K&N catalog. It said to use the 141 (that was about a year ago). So I used that for 2 or 3 oil changes and did not bother to look at the catalog. Now the catalog says to use a 140 for the '09 up models. I looked at the K&N website and the specs appear to be identical. Same height, same diameter, both have pressure relief valves, both don't have anti-drainback. What is weird is the 140 weighs 0.01 kg more.....and the box is a little bigger..... scratch
Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Thanks,
Scott P.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 am

Same here. I've been using the 141. The K&N catalog is fucked. I've solved it now however by using the best one made...the Yamaha filter.
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: yamaha filter part #;s   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 pm

ok so we have seen varrios aftermarket filter part numbers and discovered that there are different part numbers for oem filters depending on the model year.

so my question is what are the yamaha part numbers?

i would like to double check that i got the right thing from my stealer.

sean
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Caan Saer wrote:
so my question is what are the yamaha part numbers?sean

5D3-13440-00-00
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Caan Saer wrote:
so my question is what are the yamaha part numbers?sean

5D3-13440-00-00

ok so that is one part number for what year if i might ask

sean
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

5D3-13440-00-00 is for all model year WR-250R and WR-250X.
That's 2008 - 2011.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: HiFlo 140 & Yamaha OEM oil filters   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I recently had a chance to buy the HiFlo 140 oil filter & took photos side by side with the Yamaha OEM filter for the WR. It appears to be very similar to the K&N in color & material. Internals were similar except for the style of metal inner support for the filter pleats. Looks like the HiFlo has more pleats also. The HiFlo was $4.60, the Yamaha was $10.95. I'm going to try the HiFlo & see how it performs. Just wanted to post this for those who wondered what these filters looked like on a side by side comparison.

[img]Oil Filters? - Page 4 OIlfiltercomparison008Small[/img][img]Oil Filters? - Page 4 OIlfiltercomparison001Small[/img][img]Oil Filters? - Page 4 OIlfiltercomparison006Small[/img]
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:31 am

After wading through this thread I went out and bought 2 Yamaha filters at $10 each.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Yamaha oil filter part number   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm

YSP shows a new/superseded pn for filter:

5D3-13440-09-00

Back to top Go down
Mr.Black

Mr.Black

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm

OK so I have been looking into the discrepancy between the K&N filter numbers. From what I can tell KN-141 was designed after Yamaha part number 5TA-13440-00 which is the original oil filter for the 2008 WR250R/X. The KN-140 is designed after the 5D3-13440-00 which is what was used in the 2009+ WR250R/X.
So I guess K&N and HI Flow just redesigned their part for the new filter specifications which may be slightly different.

I do have one question however, do the new oil filter part numbers supersede the old numbers so that if you get an oil filter for a 2008 bike will it be the same oil filter ordered for a 2009+ bike?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Been using maxima pro filters.
Under 6 bucks a piece...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Black

Mr.Black

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Yeah the Hi Flow filters are around $5... I'll post more info when I compare a couple.
Back to top Go down
ah54495

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am

I get a few at a time From Amazon, depending on what else you are ording you can get free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E28N5I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2USS0U2JXH8GF&coliid=I16DCR10UDWB1J

I use the K&N with no real special reason.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Chinese filters   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Found some great filter on ebay. Only $2 each. I bet I can save 10 bucks this year. Sure hope I don't have to do a rebuild on the engine!
Back to top Go down
gnarlynate

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 am

Man I would love to see some pics Very happy Im looking into a reusable filter option Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters?   Oil Filters? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oil Filters?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4