Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who's got an aftermarket headlight?

Go down 
+12
little squirt
chofilena
simonpig
matttys
router.exe
Machtig
Jersey Devil
10Cup
njbill
SheWolf
WRXer
Fanatic
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fanatic

Fanatic

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Empty
PostSubject: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Just wondering who's replaced their stock light and housing with an aftermarket one? Just thinking about something new after seeing shewolfs post and the fact that I need to replace my light after the crash. If you are running something different, post a pic!
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Not my taste...

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? PIC00011

but did look better in person than pics
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:47 am

Ian's is gonna look kickass once it's done. At least both lights will be the same size and not look like Bill the Cat. Very happy

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Fugly... Who's got an aftermarket headlight? 527254
WRXer wrote:
Not my taste...

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? PIC00011

but did look better in person than pics
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Head Light   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I really like the looks of the X2's, available in Halogen or HID too.

http://trailtech.net/yamaha-x2-ds-halogen-kits.html
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Machtig just put an 8"HID on his.

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 pm

With the 350 stator being a stock item, I wonder if you have to swap out to the bigger Trailtech one to run the Torch X2 HID lights?
I dont run any heated accessories, just an auxillary power line for charging phone and GPS.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Jersey Devil wrote:
With the 350 stator being a stock item, I wonder if you have to swap out to the bigger Trailtech one to run the Torch X2 HID lights?
I dont run any heated accessories, just an auxillary power line for charging phone and GPS.

The trail tech stator I run on my 450F is only 100W. I'm not certain they make anything larger. Our bike comes stock with a 350 watt stator. More than enough to run pretty much any light you want.

My 8" HID. Haven't test fired it as I'm waiting on some wiring from Trail Tech, and the engine is in pieces awaiting its new big bore.

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? DSC04358
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:14 pm

10Cup wrote:

i bought one last month thinking it would be an easy bolt up, but the damn dash is getting in the way. can't decide if i want to go with a vapor/vector or try and relocate the stock dash
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:21 pm

router.exe wrote:
10Cup wrote:

i bought one last month thinking it would be an easy bolt up, but the damn dash is getting in the way. can't decide if i want to go with a vapor/vector or try and relocate the stock dash

This is the same issue I had to get the 8" light to fit, and I am not certain the bike will run without the instrument cluster. I have emailed Paul at Highway Dirtbikes about making a mount/protector for the stock cluster. He has said it may take some time, but I think he will do it. It would require the HDB top clamp though.
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't see why the bike wouldn't. Run without the dash. Unelss the dash ecu and key are tied together iwth a security chip like a ducati. By moving the dash up high, will there be enough room to put the key in the ignition?
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:08 pm

router.exe wrote:
I don't see why the bike wouldn't. Run without the dash. Unelss the dash ecu and key are tied together iwth a security chip like a ducati. By moving the dash up high, will there be enough room to put the key in the ignition?

My bike is currently in pieces undergoing the big bore install, otherwise I'd try it out and see if it will run without the cluster. The key situation will be tight, but doable in my estimation.
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm curious to see how the hdb mount would look. Ill try starting mine without the cluster this wwek and see what happens
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm

I've got two 10w LEDs on my bike. They are very bright and they hardly draw any power.

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? 728511887_b7Htg-M
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Mattys, is there a considerable difference in lighting versus stock? Do you run with the low beam on and the use the LED's to make up the difference? Manufacturer?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Oh hey...some closeups of that setup Matty, please!

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 pm

router.exe wrote:

Yamaha guys tried that themselves and the bike won't run without the stock gauge cluster. They ere trying to fiddle with an aftermarket gauge set and it didn't do a thing until they plugged it back in.

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 pm

SheWolf wrote:
router.exe wrote:

Yamaha guys tried that themselves and the bike won't run without the stock gauge cluster. They ere trying to fiddle with an aftermarket gauge set and it didn't do a thing until they plugged it back in.

well that just ruins my day.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Sorry, installing new windows in my house. . . not too much internet looking Rolling Eyes

Here are some more pictures. The lights are VisionX and they are much, much brighter than stock. I've got a switch on my headlamp that I can cut it out with. The two 10w lights draw much less than the 55w headlamp. . . cutting out the headlamp is useful when I'm touring and it's cold; gives me a little extra juice to make the Gerbings even hotter.

Since these pictures were taken I've actually put another hoop over the top of the lights. That gives me a heads up display for my GPS and roll chart.

Also notice that I rubber mounted my turn signals. I've never broken a signal this way!

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? 728512174_2cQUP-M

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? 728511630_wzgei-M

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? 728511598_8QHZV-M
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Has anyone here replace the wr250r headlight and front fender with a 250f/450f front fender and headlight? How much of a hassle is it and please post some pic if you have any.

I sorta remember seeing one here, but I can't find it. Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: moose species headlight   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:20 pm

[img]Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Campic13[/img]

just installed my new headlight. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:31 pm

[img]Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Campic14[/img]
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 pm

here is my stock headlight

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Photo-11

here is the HID kit I installed in my Cyclops setup

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Photo1-5

pic of it on the bike

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? DSC01165

I kept the standard projector beam (halogen) as my day time running light (low beam) and the HID on the high beam.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:52 am

little squirt wrote:
here is my stock headlight

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Photo-11

here is the HID kit I installed in my Cyclops setup

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Photo1-5

pic of it on the bike

Who's got an aftermarket headlight? DSC01165

I kept the standard projector beam (halogen) as my day time running light (low beam) and the HID on the high beam.

Nice bike, if i had an x I'd probably set it up the same way as yours thumb
Back to top Go down
router.exe

router.exe

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:45 pm

chofilena wrote:
[img]Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Campic14[/img]

been waiting for someone to post a pic of the moose light. been thinking about getting one of these since i couldn't make the TT X2 work.

does the fender interfere with the lower lamp?

Last edited by router.exe on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's got an aftermarket headlight?   Who's got an aftermarket headlight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's got an aftermarket headlight?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next