Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options

Go down 
+17
Superchimp
eakins
dtx
Corkonian
soggytire
mhm2a
1moreroad
aaronhall555
SheWolf
gatorfan
oldirt
skierd
stumo
KLRchickie
SoupSandwich
cryptomundo
little squirt
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Another custom ebay specail

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 BPHjhOQBmkKGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBJyBc5UwN_12
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

My vote : B&B Aussie one 2nd place Flatland 3rd: Rocochet

lurk
Thanks for asking our input towards the fate of your scoot
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I LOVE my Ricochet skid plate it's thick, lot's of protection, looks clean, simple and great price. I hear rocks flying up and hitting it often pretty hard when riding on rocky terrain here in California, and first thing that comes to mind when I hear them hit I think to myself 'that could have been my engine'. I did notice it intensified the engine sound, but I don't mind it at all.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm

oldirt wrote:
My vote : B&B Aussie one 2nd place Flatland 3rd: Rocochet

lurk
Thanks for asking our input towards the fate of your scoot

yea, this is pretty much my thoughts too..... Easy to order from the Aussie folks?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:51 am

I had no issues ordering from the Aussie folks .. good customer service
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:28 am

I had no problem...actually it took 5 days to get it here to Canada. It was faster than getting my IMS tank from the US. Go figure. Suspect

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 am

Aussie plate to Florida - 5 days.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:10 pm

gatorfan and shewolf.......you all have any quick pics you could throw up here of your aussie plates? Now I'm stuck between the Aussie plate and flatland.... Shog
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:20 pm

little squirt wrote:
gatorfan and shewolf.......you all have any quick pics you could throw up here of your aussie plates? Now I'm stuck between the Aussie plate and flatland.... Shog

Those are my Aussie "basher plate" (as they like to call them) pics above. The Aussie B &B plates are pricey so if you want better/more pics before you pull the trigger - no problem - let me know. But I'm without camera for a few days.
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 pm

little squirt wrote:
Anybody running this Zeta plate? Looks kinda thin to me

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 BW3Gh-CGkKGrHgoH-EIEjlLl09jBKZcGMObEg_12

Not sure how you can tell the thickness from the pic. I have one. I've taken one or two hits on it with no trouble. Per Keioffroad where I bought it, the coverage is about the same as the Flatland plate. There are no weep holes on the bottom, so you do need to take it off to clean out the bottom of the engine. The screws to mount it are a little smaller/shorter than I would like, but they work ok. Fit is perfect -- mounts right to the holes in the frame. There is a resonance at some engine/road speeds, but I wouldn't consider it loud. I can't tell any extra vibration to the rider.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 pm

thumb thank you for your input! going to order one this friday......choices, choices, choices scratch
Back to top Go down
mhm2a

PostSubject: flatland    Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:22 pm

The flatland plate has holes which let more debris in/out but they also let sound out and not directed up towards your ears. It may not go all the way back to the end of the frame, but thats not a major concern of mine. I like the flatland and its what i run for what its worth.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

just ordered the Ricochet plate from dualsport armory.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 pm

thumb cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 am

ricochet plate arrived wings

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:12 am

I too am interested in a plate. Not sure which one...leaning towards B&B or Flatland... Anyone know if there is a way to conduct a survery on this forum? This would be a great topic since there is so much debate. dunno
Back to top Go down
Corkonian

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 am

The Flatland is a stunning bit of gear IMO.
Best looking of the lot - fit is perfect - does what it's supposed to.

I'm in Ireland and the shipping was as fast as I've ever had from the US - and they ship 'customs friendly'.

I got the rad guard too.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:47 pm

ok finally decided on the Ricochet. perfect fit and finish, bolted right up with no issues. i layed some of the fuzzy sided velco strips down the frame rails and across the back spreader bar under the swinarm to help keep the plate from vibrating against the frame. Test ride tom to see if i get any resonating like most say happens.

next step is to get some button head allen bolts to replace the stock hex heads

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 am

your ricochet looks just like my moose ! and i did change my hardware to pan allen screws,stainless,ace hardware store ! the bolts might hang as they have sharp edges.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:42 am

little squirt wrote:
ok finally decided on the Ricochet. perfect fit and finish, bolted right up with no issues. i layed some of the fuzzy sided velco strips down the frame rails and across the back spreader bar under the swinarm to help keep the plate from vibrating against the frame. Test ride tom to see if i get any resonating like most say happens.

next step is to get some button head allen bolts to replace the stock hex heads

Nice looking protection .. it looks like the Ricochet and B&B engineering plates main difference is how they bolt up to the bike, they look like they have about the same protection.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:03 pm

dtx wrote:
your ricochet looks just like my moose ! and i did change my hardware to pan allen screws,stainless,ace hardware store ! the bolts might hang as they have sharp edges.
it's the same. utah sport makes moose's (& msr) plates. infact moose make very little of their own stuff.
http://69.94.125.252/store/page255.html

... i like how that comes back all the way underneath. flatland does not.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:07 pm

nope.
it's a massed produced turbo city

http://www.turbocity.com/product_info.php?cPath=69_101&products_id=755

the guy who makes thoses started w/ racks & thus likes using tubing.
there is a thread on adv or tt where he made his first plate (dr i think) and asked about feedback. people questioned why using some tubing when alum. plate was common, cheaper and potentially stronger. his response was more or less i want to be different. don't think his plate sales ever took off because of the price he needs to charge to be different.

little squirt wrote:
custom made one on ebay

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 Bqm1gB2kKGrHqIH-DwEuZCwWVBnBLvoBruFg_12

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 Bql9w2kKGrHqQH-DgEuZbC2bi0BLvoBdZ2w_12

MSR plate

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 463_2
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Well painted it black! looks good but worried its going to flake off if i hit some trees or rocks with the spray liner. might go with the hurculiner roll on stuff that comes in a tin can.

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 1106d760

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 4d0b7eb8

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 C5efb478
Back to top Go down
Superchimp

Superchimp

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:29 pm

little squirt wrote:
Well painted it black! looks good but worried its going to flake off if i hit some trees or rocks with the spray liner. might go with the hurculiner roll on stuff that comes in a tin can.

So, did it flake off? I'm thinking about painting my flatlands as well.

Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 pm

no flaking on my street riding since....dunno about going over rocks and logs though...seems tough so far, ive taken it off twice and just kinda dropped it in the driveway, no scratches yet........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next