Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options

Go down 
+17
Superchimp
eakins
dtx
Corkonian
soggytire
mhm2a
1moreroad
aaronhall555
SheWolf
gatorfan
oldirt
skierd
stumo
KLRchickie
SoupSandwich
cryptomundo
little squirt
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thinair

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: B&B Skid Plate - Production Suspended   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:39 pm

I put an order in a week ago and just got this reply...

Brian,
Sorry, but I'm suspending the production of the WR skidplates for now. I'm moving the shop and looking for a new press, and will probably need to make a new jig to hold the plates as they're welded, as I've seen some variance in fit.
I'll make an announcement on the website later this year when it's back.

Thanks for your interest.
Steve
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Ahh, who are we talking about here? B&B Moto or B&B Australia?
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Ahh....   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:59 pm

B&B MOTO http://bandbmoto.com/

Bummer, they looked good to me. Thinking about a Flatland now.
Back to top Go down
Yamaguy55

Yamaguy55

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

I have a Flatland, and I ordered it with larger holes on the front as I have no mud problems here in rock land. Have lots of rock, though. They added the holes for me at no extra charge. It doesn't resonate, and has been trail tested to withstand very hard rock attacks. I've hit it several times quite hard, and it certainly took the hit and saved my water pump and clutch cover. I'd buy another Flatland if something were to happen to this one. The performance, fit and finish of the plate led me to purchase their radiator guard as well. Good folks, making great products. Not to say others aren't as good, but I've satisfied myself this one works as advertised.
Back to top Go down
2goose

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Check the offering from Turbo City Industries. A bit spendy, but excellent coverage of the engine case
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm

2goose wrote:
Check the offering from Turbo City Industries. A bit spendy, but excellent coverage of the engine case

Looks quite well built. Probably more than what I need. I'm going to purchase the combo skid plate and rad guard from Cyclebuy and grab a Pro Moto Billet rear rack somewhere.

Waiting for the Dynaring, 5 gal tank, and the GoRace suspension overhaul. Another $1,300+ right there so anywhere I can save here and there the better. Thanks for the idea though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options   Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid Plate Choices....Here's my list of options
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3