Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Autotune gurus...set-up question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

Autotune gurus...set-up question. Empty
PostSubject: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Finally got my Autotune installed. Hooked up my computer and clicked "enable" Autotune. Went for a spin. Came back, and I don't think it's recognizing the o2 sensor.

First off, it never asked me to accept trim tables and when I got to that menu, it doesn't allow it (it's ghosted like it doesn't exist)

Second, when I go back to Autotune calibrate menu, selecting the number of o2 sensors is ghosted too.

Third, no new trim values are being established after several rides.

Everything looks to be hooked up properly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Could be a software problem. I had to spend quite a bit of time on the phone with a tech at Dynojet to get it sorted out. Ended up having to reinstall the software and drivers several times before it started working correctly. I'd suggest you give them a call. They're very helpful.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Did you follow directions to a 'T'?

Did you connect to the speed sensor?
I can't recall which module that was for. I blew past that part of the directions initially so the PCV always thought I was in neutral... no worky that way.

I seem to recall there needing to be a dummy plug installed on the PCV or Autotune module. Is that installed?

When you poked all the wires from the O2 sensor into the module are you sure you got good connections? Give em all a little tug to make sure.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks fellas. Will check to make sure that its all installed properly. Just making sure there wasn't an easy, boneheaded step I was missing.
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Ok...first thing I did was to try and calibrate speed sensor by putting the bike on a stand. Nothing registered.

Next, pulled everything off and pretty much reverse installed everything making sure connections were good. Looks like they are, although the 6 wire/screwdriven connection presented problems on install. Will double check that next.

My issue now is, I don't remember hooking up the speed sensor input and don't see information on how to do so. I'm pretty sure I can find the wire on the bike (got a speedo healer), but don't see how or where to do that on the PC5 itself. All connections are hooked up; no dangling single wire to hook into speedo wire.

How do I do this?
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Nevermind for now. Got a better installation guide than what was supplied and believe I have found the speedo input location on the PCV box itself.

Thanks for now....
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:24 pm

I figured it would be the speed input. There's only one little sentence about it at the end of the instructions. I had one of those "It's alive!" moments and skipped right past the last page of instructions...
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks again for the help. Pretty sure it's all figured out. I took some pics of what I missed hoping that someone down the line might find it useful.

Tapped into the speedo healer wiring. That way, if something happens, I'm replacing that and not the factory wiring harness. Note that it's a green wire here.

Autotune gurus...set-up question. Img_2010

Wire plugs slips into the 3rd from the right plug. This location is noted clearly in the instructions (if you're paying attention)

Autotune gurus...set-up question. Img_2011

Finally, this is the Autotune controller. Note the arrow pointing to the dummy CAN plug termination. This needs to be plugged in when only running one 02 sensor (like on our WR's). Also noted clearly in the instructions (if you are paying attention)
Autotune gurus...set-up question. Img_2012

Thanks once again to pbnut for setting me straight.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:38 pm

thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autotune gurus...set-up question.   Autotune gurus...set-up question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Autotune gurus...set-up question.
Page 1 of 1