Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Garage service question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coops...

Coops...

Garage service question Empty
PostSubject: Garage service question   Garage service question EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi there,

i am currently looking for a WR but have not yet found one,

when i buy one i was going to take it to my local bike garage and get him to check it over/service it
to make sure every things alright, so i was wanting a thorough job doing,

I was just wondering what bits I should ask him to do as i don't have a clue when its to do with bikes.

Cheers,
Coops
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Garage service question   Garage service question EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Well if the previous owner took good care of his bike all you really need to do is change the oil and oil filter. However if you wanna stay on the safe side (which I would recommend) / if the previous owner didn't keep up with maintenance I would definitely also check the coolant level, air filter, check/tighten spokes, check the torques of all the most important parts, check chain slack. if you want, depending on how old the dot4 is, change the brake fluid, made quite a difference for me.

those are the things my yamaha dealer did at the 1000 km check which was included in the buying price. (except for changing the brake fluid which I did at 12,000 km)
Back to top Go down
Coops...

Coops...

PostSubject: Re: Garage service question   Garage service question EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Alright cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garage service question   Garage service question Empty

Back to top Go down

Garage service question
Page 1 of 1