Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powercore 4 install problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shep546

Powercore 4 install problem Empty
PostSubject: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install my powercore and am running into an issue...

there is about a 1/2" gap between the anchor the midpipe bolt and the midpipe... no matter how I maneuver it the only way it will work is if the muffler mount goes on the inside of the fender... which obviously isn't right...

I have the header loosened off, am using the supplied adapter because I have stock headers... anybody know whats going on here?

Powercore 4 install problem FLw7fRa

Powercore 4 install problem Zl6Hb3G
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 pm

The q4 I put on my bike was similar but not quite as bad.
Pull the mid pipe over by hand then put that bolt in first, dont tighten it all the way untill you get the bolt in the rear mount started or it wont line up.
I had to use a slightly longer bolt I had left over from something else too, the one that came with the pipe was too short it wouldnt reach, you may have to get a longer bolt too.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Biglake wrote:
The q4 I put on my bike was similar but not quite as bad.
Pull the mid pipe over by hand then put that bolt in first, dont tighten it all the way untill you get the bolt in the rear mount started or it wont line up.
I had to use a slightly longer bolt I had left over from something else too, the one that came with the pipe was too short it wouldnt reach, you may have to get a longer bolt too.

I think that's my issue... the bolt is too short... I'll try something else, thanks.
Back to top Go down
haygood

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Let us know how it sounds when you are finished with it. I just ordered one yesterday. thumb
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 3:18 pm

My bike looks like this right now so it will be a while before everything is up and running... I'll do a video when it's ready but I suspect you'll have your new pipe on by then.

Powercore 4 install problem YYzopku
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4 install problem   Powercore 4 install problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Powercore 4 install problem
Page 1 of 1