Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

dropped bike now wont start

Go down 
+2
motokid
nickthenack9
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GT-250

GT-250

dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 am

nickthenack9 wrote:
.......there was this really bad short circuiting sound coming from the around the battery then the display turned off and nothing would work........

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry i'm back already, couldn't help myself........i really would like to know what the fault is here, as from it originating from a soft drop on a trail ride is something that we could all face.

Anyway, as for the line in the above quote, i suppose the basic re-check from this would be to make sure that the battery terminals / connections are all good, clean and tight. Also might pay to check all the main earth points at engine / frame etc. Also check electrical connections at starter motor etc. Load test battery, can be done with volt-meter connected to the battery & during crank you would want to see the voltage stay at least above 9 volts - proberly really needs to remain at 10v upwards to be totally confident.

Cheers.

Last edited by GT-250 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:19 am

xy500 wrote:
Sounds like your lean angle sensor kicked in at first.
If you've checked the basics, probably need to move onto more difficult stuff; checking for fuel pressure & pulse, checking for spark.

Bassendean aye? you're not far away from me, let me know if you need a hand or if you want another riding bud.
Cheers,
Col

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Again just re-read this whole thread right thru, and this above generous offer from "xy500" may have been a very good one to take up....

Col comes across as knowing much more than just the basic technical and common sense shit here and in other posts / threads....might just cost a little beer money, which is all good as i've just seen you became legal to drink the other day..... freaky

Cheers dutch
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:36 am

gt-250 i understand what you mean. i admit the torch thing was really dodgy but ive tried to stay on the safe side with everything else.
Really hope i didnt fry the injector, that would have been a costly mistake :/

xr500 if you could give me a hand that would be great or i might just take it to get fixed.
Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:37 am

nickthenack9 wrote:

xr500 if you could give me a hand that would be great or i might just take it to get fixed.
I'd be more than happy to lend a hand, i'll pm you my contact details.
I'll have to drag myself away from my latest project - an old bmw! technology ahoy!
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:48 am

wooo cheers got my bike running. turns out it was low fuel pressure from the fuel pump cage being partially separated because i had to grind down the tabs to get the pump out and put the new one in, and the 'short circuiting sound' was actually a solenoid going crazy from the really flat battery. so i drilled and tapped a hole in the side of the cage and put an m4 cap screw in it.

dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 Photo2
Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:24 am

very nicely done thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dropped bike now wont start   dropped bike now wont start - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

dropped bike now wont start
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2