Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

In the market for a new bike

Go down 
+2
IndigoWolf
Potentate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Potentate

In the market for a new bike Empty
PostSubject: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 am

So I managed to destroy my wrr (blew sand through her), have since parted ways with her and moved to another country. I'm living in beautiful Okinawa Japan for the next three years and I'm in the market for another bike. I loved the wrr, and I'm a little nervous about buying another bike because I'm afraid I'll just be disappointed. There's no good used wrr's around here, and since I'm only planning on owning the bike for less than 3 years I don't want to buy new. I know this is the WRR/X forum, but I also know there's tons of knowledge in here. So here's a few of the bikes I've stumbled across and would appreciate any opinions.

2 stroke street legal RMX 250. I'm not sure what year, but this thing sounds amazing. I'm just concerned about the reliability of a 2 stroke, and will it be able to idle in traffic?

2013 CRF 250L, I'm sure this is a great bike, but just worried that I will only be disappointed after rocking the WRR

2012 KLX 250, which is a fuel injected bike over here

DRZ 400, cheapest bike on the list,

I found a plated wr450 in a dealership, but it was the managers bike and he wouldn't sell GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 am

Go for the KLX250 and give us some feedback on how the fuel injected motor performs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:43 pm

The RMX sounds like a hoot! Modern 2 strokes start and idle very well if jetted properly. May need to add a cooling fan if stuck in a lot of traffic. Fuel economy will be 25-30 mpg.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm

I would go RM, be a frickin blast. Or DR. Any other will be powerless compared to the WRR
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm

The drz 400 wouldn't be bad.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 pm

The drz would e the ovious , second choice...and a nice ride.
A 2 stroke would e a whole different machine....not that , that's the wrong thing.
Just depends what you will use it for...
...maye there is more rides to pick from?...
Back to top Go down
Potentate

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:37 am

It's a small island, that was just what's available at the moment that's been posted in English. I emailed the guy about the rmx, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I think this weekend I'm going to arm myself with google translate and go find some local shops to see what's out there.
The highest speed limit on island is 80kph (about 50mph) so maybe if I go down a little in power from the wrr is wont be too big a deal :hmmm: 

The locals like preserve vehicles here, which is interesting because you cannot escape the salty sea spray. A lot of the cars around here are mid to late 90's, but still look pretty much new. I just bought a 97 Subaru forester turbo, and if I didn't know better I'd think it was only 5 years old. It's a really cool place, but I need a bike to start exploring some jungle trails.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 6:09 pm

For me it would come down to how much time im spendig on or off road.

Mostly offroad = rmx.
I had a road legal gasgas 250 two stroke... awesome off road crappy on road, the narow seats suck and 2 strokes surge at steady speed you have to speed up/slow down non stop.
Gas milage/kms per tank really sucks too.

Mostly on road = drz or klx.
The drz has more power but the klx is lighter... depends which is more important to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new bike   In the market for a new bike Empty

Back to top Go down

In the market for a new bike
Page 1 of 1