Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SteveO

SteveO

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Ok, since I'm new, I guess I'm a bit confused......

There appears to be TWO threads on this subject;

This one, and the "IMS 3 Gallon Tally"......

which one is the OFFICIAL thread?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm using this one for updates and pics. The Tally thread is for ppl who are on the list to get the pre-release. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 61865

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Like this! More updated pics! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 525406 This is for the 3 gallon.

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr_v2_10

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr_v2_11

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr_v2_12

Still have some bugs to work out. Sending Chuck names as requested. Looks like he's going to put a time limit on this.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:09 am

Hoping the final actual capacity isn't whats printed on the tanks, as I'm seeing 2.735 and 2.83gal...
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:48 am

Those are some good looking tanks. I'm also hoping they hold a "True" 3 gallons of usable fuel.

BG
Back to top Go down
Big-t

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:18 am

As much as I would like to have one of these tanks.....I may have to bail out at some point in the near future. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 342500
I'm leaving at the end of the month for a couple of weeks riding in the west and will need to make a decision soon.
Sent IMS an e-mail a week ago asking for a projected release date.. NADA...nothing.....even a "KMA..I don't know"...would have been OK.. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 490865

Anyway..anyone have a used Safari for sale.... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 pm

New pics!! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 525406

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr250_10

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr250_11

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Wr250_12

Dayum! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 204616

D1EHARD

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
jlpred

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm

I like the pics on bike. Can't say as though I'm a big fan of the "tank only" pics above. Ask him whats up with the triangular shaped section on one side. Seems like an area where fuel would be eternally trapped till you wheelie it outta there.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 am

jlpred wrote:
I like the pics on bike. Can't say as though I'm a big fan of the "tank only" pics above. Ask him whats up with the triangular shaped section on one side. Seems like an area where fuel would be eternally trapped till you wheelie it outta there.

Not if the fuel is picked up right there. There might be a slight slope right to left.
Back to top Go down
cmtnwr

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:13 am

count me in black please
Back to top Go down
oldirt

oldirt

PostSubject: YEA !!!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Looks like we are getting closer. Just how close are production runs ?

Looks great, Thanks Chuck (IMS)
I am liking the black, maintain a stock look (stealthy !!)

droooool droooool droooool droooool thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: 4.5 pic   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 am

Here's the latest on the 4.5 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 61865

This is just the template, so the stock shroud is NOT being used, just so you know. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 93746

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 am

Looks cool! thumb
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:44 am

Pardon my ignorance if it has already been stated but do the tanks come with a cap?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:46 am

Yes they do. Non locking I'll add.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Can't wait to see the finished prototype. I'm tired of carrying a can of gas around on rides.....Did Chuck give a ballpark guess on when the 4.5 should be ready for sale?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm

No, it's too soon in the gate to give an estimate. Look what happened with the 3 gallon. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 640571 As soon as i have more info I'll keep everyone updated. No price on this one either.

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 am

SheWolf wrote:
Here's the latest on the 4.5 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 61865

This is just the template, so the stock shroud is NOT being used, just so you know. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 93746

Nice looking tank thanks for the update Shewolf.

What's with the black hose running next to the cylinder?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 am

WRRSam wrote:
Might be part of the California emissions pacakge?
IMS is in California, and you can see the big ugly charcoal canister cover on the front down low.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:54 am

deerHater wrote:
WRRSam wrote:
Might be part of the California emissions pacakge?
IMS is in California, and you can see the big ugly charcoal canister cover on the front down low.

OK thanks I was thinking it might of been a fuel line.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: What is the latest news on the 4.5?   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:33 am

dddog
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:47 am

dirtnadvil wrote:
dddog

^^^ Is that YOU waiting for a 4.5 gallon?? lurk
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 am

No, that is my bike................. I am patiently waiting.... wink
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

Got my O-ring in the mail yesterday for my 3.1 gal. tank. Looks like I'll be installing the new tank this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next