Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The 2010 X Arrives :)

Go down 
+12
Medski
SuperSize
eyty
Vortac
mash100
Jersey Devil
X-Racer
deerHater
motokid
Matty
SheWolf
xcel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
xcel

xcel

The 2010 X Arrives :) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 2010 X Arrives :)   The 2010 X Arrives :) - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi All:

My approval for the first 1,070 mile Iron Butt Ride from the IL/WI border to Boston was finally approved!
Quote :
Dear Wayne Gerdes:

You are receiving this e-mail because of your application for a ride certification. This note is to let you know that your ride has been approved and although your ride documents may take a few more weeks to arrive, your membership has also been approved and entered into the Iron Butt Association's member database.

Welcome to the Iron Butt Association!
I did not bother with the second 1100 mile IB ride from north of Seattle to south of Los Angeles during the same Adventure because it was redundant.

In any case, a Yamaha WR250X can do the distance just like the big bore bikes when pushed and did so quite easily and comfortably if I do say so myself! thumb

Good Luck

Wayne
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 X Arrives :)   The 2010 X Arrives :) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:39 am

Wayne, I think you need to be concerned with your fuel pump. It uses fuel to keep it cool. In working on a pump once with it dry to see if I could get some vacuum with air I ran it for about 15 seconds. Turned it off and smoke came out of the inlet. I would pack another pump or use the .2 gallons deal again. I see the MPG thing is fun for you and that is cool but having to two... push... due to a fried pump is not cool. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 X Arrives :)   The 2010 X Arrives :) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am

Hi USGP:

No need to worry about the fuel pump as I performed its first two tanks to starve and then road an additional 6 + K miles just riding it. Few WR's will probably see close to 7K miles and those with the CA model now have a good idea how much their OEM tank holds and even what kind of range is available when the WR is ridden to its limits.

After installing the IMS for the (2) IB's and the X-Country ride, I was not running to fuel starve as the initial tank volume and FE limits testing in inner city and open country conditions were complete. That said, I did have an emergency .3 gallon MSR bottle attached to the bike for the entire trip just in case wink

That IMS tank was truly a godsend allowing another 80 + miles of range and pushing out fillups to just over once per day at average of every 250-miles.

I hope you experience the same kinds of range in your daily rides wherever they may lead you.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2010 X Arrives :)   The 2010 X Arrives :) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2010 X Arrives :)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5