Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!

Go down 
+89
Mr.Metal
SoupSandwich
mtb
RichardU
okdq
GsVs
RimBenty
Crawdaddy
mnormand
jimrobinette
DS-Jack
kjharn
gas_pig70
1moreroad
Machtig
Medski
john92
riata
TierHawg
e010584
mhm2a
cryptomundo
Farmer17
simonpig
IfuleU
flatboarder
eakins
blaisew
seattlechronic
KLRchickie
Hetch
BigBird
acmebot
oldirt
Scharcon
Berwyn Henderson
Racer83
vwsandman
msfagnani
abchel
MeefZah
PooTeeTat
bikepsych
Dancamp
SteveO
jviz1
router.exe
duanew
jonny-NITRO
xcel
picard
andrewlat
Hertz
D-Rail
ZED
taoshum
PYG RYDR
matttys
Cool#9
njbill
Akasy
malibu_dan
Joe Dirt
Ryan Nelson
Big-t
granite4brains
skierd
Jellyhead
aaronhall555
texasreb
Corprin
Twinct
superbee24
toast
SpiritWolf15
sswrx
R_Lefebvre
jlpred
3KGT_Maddness
X-Racer
clint
Trailmoto
2goose
Ozy
Matty
rydnseek
motokid
deerHater
SheWolf
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Done! thumb

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:48 pm

SheWolf wrote:
So far as it looks, I have 30 confirmed wants, 3 undecided (Mototkid, Matty, and one from ADV).

I'm in . . . work got pretty hectic there for a while. I think natural is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Got you down Matt. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:27 am

SheWolf wrote:
Got you down Matt. thumb

Any idea of how the logistics of this is going to work? Thanks for all your efforts in getting this accomplished.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:34 am

I'm updating Chuck and conversing a couple times a week. He'll send me more pics, and as soon as he gets it on the bike he will send more pics, so ppl can see how it looks and make sure. Some are on the fence until they can see what it looks like, and everything works before they decide to be put on that list. thumb

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:54 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Ok, I'm taking a tally of how many ppl want in on this 3 gallon tank from IMS limited special. This is for the 3 GALLON ONLY, not the 4.5. Please reply if you want one, and if you are also on ADV please don't add yourself on both sites. I'll be letting Chuck know projected numbers wanted for this tank.

This tank replaces the stock tank and utilizes the factory shrouds.
Colors are Yamaha blue and black, white and natural on request.

$249.95
SPECIAL LIMITED TIME ONLY, THRU IMS DIRECT.

Any photos available? IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 911463

TIA. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 89954
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:10 pm

taoshum

PostSubject: IMS tank   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes! Count me in... just let me know how to order it. Blue for me!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Got you down for a blue one. I'll keep everyone up to date with all of this, so stay tuned. thumb

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Wow, up to 54 total ppl on this (between here, WRR/X and TT)! eeek Great feedback guys, Chuck's gonna crap himself come Tuesday. poser2

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm currently looking at extra fuel options for some trips this year.
Definitely interested and following the over-sized threads, but a few things remain outstanding before I would commit.
1. What sort of delivery timeline are we looking at for this first batch?
2. When would the next order be ready if we don't go for the first round?
3. A picture of what a 3gal would look like.
4. Quality and crash worthiness expectation? I've heard many horror stories form KLR folk, although that is a much larger bike...
lurk

Edit: Based upon the photos provided in that link, if it looks about like that then we can scratch pictures off the list.
SheWolf wrote:
They've been on for a bit. Will update when I have more.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/ims-oversized-tanks-t2168-40.htm
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I can only speculate the first batch should be out before summer is done. He did say summer of 2010. The top half is what hung them up, something they are redoing. I'm hoping to hear from him this week so I can scare him with the 55+ ppl who are on the pre-release list. wink

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:59 am

SheWolf wrote:
I'm hoping to hear from him this week so I can scare him with the 55+ ppl who are on the pre-release list.

Geez, with that many people we need to renegotiate the deal for more than 9% off IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 810411
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:09 am

Working on that too. Last he told me $25 was as good as he could do; but that was back when we were under 30.

D-Rail

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow,I thought I was the only one puckered up about that low fuel light.Really close to joining the bigger tank club. IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 89954
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 7:09 pm

When's the deadline to get on this list?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Oh yeah, I think I'd like a natural tank. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only part of it you'll see is the very top, just like the OEM tank correct?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:56 pm

That's right. Normally what you'd see is the black top. thumb As for the deadline, I'm taking names until Chuck releases the tank and has it on the bike...and there will be pics. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:04 am

You can count me in.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Newest Pic!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Here's the latest pic from Chuck:

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 1e33fec7

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:26 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Here's the latest pic from Chuck:

I wonder if it will be taller than the OEM tank? I like using a tankbag.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Shipping included would be a good kicker IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 163123 One time good deal for all on the "Charter Member" list.

SheWolf wrote:
Working on that too. Last he told me $25 was as good as he could do; but that was back when we were under 30.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Proto-types are ugly IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 527254

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Yeah, I agree but it's kinda like a tootsie roll pop. You gotta eat the hard crusties before you get to the gooey center.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah, it may be ugly under the skin, but keep in mind how nicely the shrouds will hide that. thumb
IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 873695073_QKiQC-M

So, without the aux fuel pump (hurray!) how much fuel will be trapped in the wings?

The KLR has that issue, but you don't really worry about missing that half gallon as you have five of them to start with. With the WR I'm more concerned about adding extra weight of fuel that I can't use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!   IMS 3 GALLON TALLY! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3 GALLON TALLY!
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next