Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
skisauveur

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:50 am

speedfiend wrote:
Frankly a little boycott on the IMS 3.1 might help move the 4.5 to market.

Think about it.

Well, it's definitely bad news, but a boycott? With only 2 vendors making tanks for our bikes, and the other vendor far more expensive? Bad idea. dddog

Still have my fingers crossed for end of March before my riding season begins and I need a bigger tank one way or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am

One size does not fit all... My new IMS 3.1 will arrive this afternoon. It is the size and style that I want, thank you very much IMS. Purchased from justgastanks.com for $264 w/ free shipping. Looking forward to getting it installed this weekend.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

skisauveur wrote:

Well, it's definitely bad news, but a boycott? With only 2 vendors making tanks for our bikes, and the other vendor far more expensive? Bad idea. dddog

Maybe you're not thinking about it enough. If you want a 4.5 but will accept a 3.1 you're removing motivation to produce the 4.5. I'm not saying go to the Safari, but whatever is stopping IMS from producing the 4.5 needs to be counterbalanced by an increase in demand for that specific tank and no other.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm

IMS will sell fewer 4.5 tanks with this news as guys like myself have some rides planned and need the extra range. I will be going the Safari route. Bummer cause I was really stoked to have a 4.5 option.... dddog
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Same here. My Safari was ordered yesterday and will probably do the job, but I will miss the extra gallon in some places. Just Gas Tanks has a fuel bladder that will take care of that. I'm sure that IMS put the tank on hold for business reasons, but it would be interesting to know exactly why. We'll probably never know unless Shewolf can get a straight answer from them.
Back to top Go down
Justlookin

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:14 pm

I imagine either IMS has hit a design snag or they do not feel there is enough demand for a 5gal tank to be profitable. I and surely others have not commited to purchase on this thread but have been watching and hoping. I would like to be put on the buyers list and hope that any other fence sitters will join and maybe see this thing through. If the problem is that they can't make the tank without a additional transfer fuel pump - that would not be a deal breaker for me. This bike is perfect for my purposes except for 2 wishes - a larger fuel tank and 50 less pounds. Now if IMS builds the tank and I go on a diet thumb
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 2:48 pm

I think I commented earlier in this thread that dabbling with forums is a two-edged sword for vendors. I have been waiting patiently (noisily) since this was announced but at the last minute I have jumped ship, as have a few others I hear. But that doesn't mean that it may not one day get made, just that it's not fitting with my timescales (or theirs). Anyway, we still don't have an official line and as people have speculated IMS may have other priorities right now.

Shewolf please cross me off the list , the competition have got me this time!
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 pm

I'll wait till SheWolf weighs in before cancelling. Maybe she will have something positive to add.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 am

Fired him off an e-mail, waiting for his reply. Sorry guys, I haven't had anything new to add...here and on the rest of the board. Been kinda sick so I've been a bit of a recluse.

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Six8 wrote:
I too am disapointed with this news. GAHHHH
Sooo who's got the best price on the 3.1 Gal deal ?

I think Justgastanks.com if you use the 5% discount to ADVrider inmates, "coupon code: Advrider"

The Safari would be about $452 and the IMS about $252

So you would pay around $200 for approx .6 Gallons
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 pm

RimBenty wrote:

I think Justgastanks.com if you use the 5% discount to ADVrider inmates, "coupon code: Advrider"

I've always thought that. $200 is pretty steep for a little more than 1/2 a gallon. No thanks. I'm not a big fan of the look of the Safari tank either. But that's subjective. I'll stick with the 3.1 when it's time for me to order.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 pm

That's good for about 35miles on my bike :)
I don't seem to be able to get IMS tanks offtheshelf in the UK so it's academic anyway.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:04 pm

trav72 wrote:
RimBenty wrote:

I've always thought that. $200 is pretty steep for a little more than 1/2 a gallon. No thanks. I'm not a big fan of the look of the Safari tank either. But that's subjective. I'll stick with the 3.1 when it's time for me to order.

Kinda apples and oranges with the money, cause you're also getting radiator protection with the Safari that the IMS doesn't offer. Oh, and they are a proven product. I will still wait a little longer but the IMS is looking more and more like "vapor ware".
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am

joenuclear wrote:
I will still wait a little longer but the IMS is looking more and more like "vapor ware".

If I recall Safari did the same thing. What they made people wait for was a 3 gal. and what people got is little bit lower than that. Beside There was some delay between the expected et actual date some could get hold of it.

Reading this thread and this one "https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t83p40-larger-fuel-tank?highlight=safari" it's almost look alike.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Please add me to the list.
I'm definitely in for a clear IMS 4.5 (or 5.0) when it comes out.
At $400 or $450 for the IMS 4.5, I imagine the tank would sell like hotcakes. At $500 or more I'd still buy one.

I've got a Safari 3.5 and love it, but I need more gas. Carrying more fuel in bottles is a pain. I like the Safari's radiator crash protection and I just wish there was a similar but larger tank out there to buy. A 200+ mile range while on knobbies loaded down with dualsport gear makes, the WRR an excellent multiday offroad bike.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Let's not go getting the price jacked up for the rest of us here moneybags.

$400 is affordable for me, just.

I spent about a year getting jerked around like this with the safari so this is deja vu all over again.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:02 pm

I'm not proposing a price hike Very happy
I'm just saying I think they would sell these like crazy. There have been a ton of Safari's sold at pricier numbers.
I bet the demand for the smaller IMS tank has been suppressed because of folks waiting on the 4.5. I sure hope the 4.5 gets made.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 pm

I e-mailed Justgastanks.com in regards to the 5 gallon tank and this is the reply that I got:

Quote :
Its delayed and will not be out for 3-4 months we were told. Price will be $400-500

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 am

Bugger. dddog

47une wrote:
I e-mailed Justgastanks.com in regards to the 5 gallon tank and this is the reply that I got:

Quote :
Its delayed and will not be out for 3-4 months we were told. Price will be $400-500

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

I'll bet that after 3-4 months we'll get a repeat message saying another 3-4 months. Suspect

Even after release I plan on holding off buying until initial demand is met and they have to lower the price to continue sales. budah

Any other aftermarket tank makers care to take our money? You'll have to resist what seems to be a powerful compulsion to jerk us around for a year or more before selling us a tank. scratch
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

"Stop watching this topic". Tick...
Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:27 am

3 or 4 months means I need something else for the riding season. Guess I'll buy the IMS 3 gallon + a couple MSR bottles, can't see spending the extra for the Safari tank.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

skisauveur wrote:
3 or 4 months means I need something else for the riding season. Guess I'll buy the IMS 3 gallon + a couple MSR bottles, can't see spending the extra for the Safari tank.

I can see buying the Safari. It's tough, proven and available. If I carry an extra MSR bottle it will be to feed a stove. I'm officially "out" of interest in the IMS 4.? $400 to $500 sometime in the future tank.

IF it becomes available and IF it fits and IF it's less than the Safari....... you know.
Back to top Go down
blaisew

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 am

I don't need to watch anymore. My new Safari is in, loose fitted, and looks good! Would have enjoyed the extra gas, but this will do fine for virtually everything. Now if I can just get Yamaha to take care of the 08 fuel pump issue......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 8 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next