Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Colorado on second choice bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Colorado on second choice bike Empty
PostSubject: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:37 pm

My scheme to get the WRR from Florida to Colorado did not pan out so I rented a V-Strom 650 for a 5 day solo ride. Here are a couple of pics. Hope it is not poor etiquette to post the V-Strom pics here.

Colorado on second choice bike Colora13

Colorado on second choice bike Colora15

Colorado on second choice bike Colora17

Colorado on second choice bike Colora20

Colorado on second choice bike Colora21
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, since it's not on a WR, it would be a bit more appropriate on sport-touring.net, but since you included a gravel road picture it would then get moved to 'off road ride reports' in the 'dirt lover' section and then those of us who just like to ride whatever, wherever, would shake our heads and say 'whatever' and read and enjoy. Rolling Eyes

You could have posted it on ADV rider, but they we'd have to decide if we really really want the long walk over there to look at it. Also, you'd get some of the folk saying that it really doesn't could as ADV touring since you didn't have hard aluminum side boxes capable of holding up a semi tractor mountaed. Very happy

There's probably a VSTROM site you could have posted it on, but they may run you off since you're not a 'real' VSTROM person. You're one of those 'little wr fellows'. deal

However, since you posted it here, we can save all the bother and read it here and not have the whole debate since the WR folk don't actually care that much as long as:
1. There is riding and there are pics droooool and you have or are considering, or the report involves a WR250 X or R in some way,
OR
2. It's a really cool report and we like it. Very happy

Now, to business…

Cool pics. thumb

Where were you in Colorado? Some looks familiar, but many mountain roads do blur to unity after a while so I'm not sure.

What's with the WRR from Florida to Colorado scheme? Sounds like there's a story there.
lurk

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:09 pm

ZED wrote:

However, since you posted it here, we can save all the bother and read it here and not have the whole debate since the WR folk don't actually care that much as long as:
1. There is riding and there are pics droooool and you have or are considering, or the report involves a WR250 X or R in some way,
OR
2. It's a really cool report and we like it. Very happy

EXACTLY

signed
The Moderator
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Pretty cool spot!!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Zed:

Boulder>Copper Mountain>Salida>Gunnison Reservoir>Black Canyon North Rim>Ouray>Silverton>Durango>Hwy 82 over Mclure Pass 8500 ft (in pouring rain - loved every second)>hwy 82 over Independence pass 12095 ft >Twin Lakes> Boulder.

Tried to take the V-Strom into the Alpine Loop Backcountry but got my ass kicked. Dropped it 3 times in first 5 minutes going over a pile of large loose rocks. Hard getting her back up too.

Needed the 'go anywhere' machine GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Zed:

Boulder>Copper Mountain>Salida>Gunnison Reservoir>Black Canyon North Rim>Ouray>Silverton>Durango>Hwy 82 over Mclure Pass 8500 ft (in pouring rain - loved every second)>hwy 82 over Independence pass 12095 ft >Twin Lakes> Boulder.
thumb

gatorfan wrote:

Tried to take the V-Strom into the Alpine Loop Backcountry but got my ass kicked. Dropped it 3 times in first 5 minutes going over a pile of large loose rocks. Hard getting her back up too.

Needed the 'go anywhere' machine GAHHHH

Yeah, the street bikes just aren't cut out for it ... doesn't mean we don't keep trying though. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:12 pm

ZED wrote:
Yeah, the street bikes just aren't cut out for it ... doesn't mean we don't keep trying though. Very happy

And we'll make the off-road bike more road worthy... weird how that works.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Gatorfan:

Beautiful pics no matter what you had to ride!

What was the story behind trying getting the WR to CO and why didn't you just ride it? When equipped, the WR (at least the X for me and Medski's R for him) are pretty nice road bikes if you are not hell bent on 70 + mph all day long. Not quite GS territory mind you but not bad for a quarter liter single lunger.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 am

xcel wrote:
Hi Gatorfan:

Beautiful pics no matter what you had to ride!

What was the story behind trying getting the WR to CO and why didn't you just ride it? When equipped, the WR (at least the X for me and Medski's R for him) are pretty nice road bikes if you are not hell bent on 70 + mph all day long. Not quite GS territory mind you but not bad for a quarter liter single lunger.

Wayne

I didn't have the time to ride out there and also tour the state. A retired friend was going to haul both our bikes to CO and I was going to fly out. Something came up and he couldn't do it so I went anyway.

Could not find a WR to rent GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorado on second choice bike   Colorado on second choice bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorado on second choice bike
Page 1 of 1