Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Tewster2

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Tim,
How much for the new Madstad set up?

ps. It'll be interesting to see how your seup holds up in those 50-60mph Wyoming crosswinds that come from 3 directions at once. bannana  bannana  bannana

Paul[/quote]

Their website list the price at $270. It cost me $215 total with free install when I went to their business. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Those winds in WY are always a bitch. I had probably 30 mph winds today and the thing did just fine. I know the shield looks a bit big for the bike but it will work just fine for backroad touring and well maintained gravel rural routes. I'm not gonna use it for single track stuff or Supercross Very happy Just a nice little bike to really see America low and slow...just like me dutch
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: spoke coats    What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:35 am

put on some spoke coats.
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/4_zpscc0c203e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/3_zps3f6abd2f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/2_zps08d19ad2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
Having trouble getting pics up will work on that
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Had a good day farkling! Did the following:

- FMF programmer
- AIS off
- Flapper off
- Kickstand switch off
- 12 o'clock labs brake flasher module

Despite soaking with plenty of WD40 the left screw holding fairing to tank wouldn't budge, little b@stard, so I moved tank out of way with it attached. Now it's beer o'clock!
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Bought a cee baily fly screen and a seat concepts carbon seat cover, will install in the spring when my shop is decent temp. cheer`s
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 am

beer goggle wrote:
Had a good day farkling! Did the following:

- FMF programmer
- AIS off
- Flapper off
- Kickstand switch off
- 12 o'clock labs brake flasher module

Despite soaking with plenty of WD40 the left screw holding fairing to tank wouldn't budge, little b@stard, so I moved tank out of way with it attached. Now it's beer o'clock!

Beer goggle,
What's your setting on the FMF prog?

Suggestion: WD40 is a water displacement lubricant for surface use. Get a deep penetrating lubricant like 'liquid wrench' then after letting it work for an hour go back and while using a small but increasing amount of torque tap the backside of the tool to help break the set screw loose which may have some stubborn 'Locktite' on it.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Just installed the Super Sprox 14/48 combo with a DID Gold X-ring 112 link chain. All fits perfect. Also use a new set of Super Sprox bolts. At an actual GPS verified speed of 60 mph the stock speedo reads 69 mph. The little motor sings along and does not feel as though it is working at all. Stock ratio is 3.307 and the new ratio is 3.42. Very pleased so far. Gonna do about a 250 mile ride tomorrow in all sorts of areas so I'll let you know...

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_2718_zps6740235b
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Nice set-up Tim, I did mine last month, 13/48. Just wish the weather was warmer so I could really put it to the test. btw your bike is too clean, go get it dirty...... Rolling Eyes

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_0934_zpsbe604d65
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Hahahahaha....beemer rider (I'm one too but this is some funny stuff)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 2008-08_Peck-LoadedBike_zpsa9ca84c7
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:37 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
Nice set-up Tim, I did mine last month, 13/48. Just wish the weather was warmer so I could really put it to the test. btw your bike is too clean, go get it dirty...... Rolling Eyes

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_0934_zpsbe604d65
Haha...yep I'm heading to Moab soon.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: spoke coats   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:27 am

Found out how to post pics again so here is another pic of the spoke coats.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 311

Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 pm

AIS Removed
Flapper/ air box top removed
California canisters removed
Wiseco Fuel Programmer
FMF MegaBomb header
FMF Q4.
K&N air filter

Sum bitch revs so fast now
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:06 pm

installed a Sandman Freedom Sprocket Guard and Case Saver, too cool! beavis

Sandman, thanks for the candy....

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_20150204_163949_784_zpstzjfadpz
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 pm

With the IMS tank the vent hose comes straight out of the cap and you can't put your tank bag on top of the tank without kinking the hose and shutting off the vent. I made this so I can put my tank bag up on top instead of behind the gas cap. Gives me more sitting room on the bike. A small 1/4 inch brass 90 degree fitting screws right into the plastic gas cap perfectly. A small inline fuel filter keeps dirt out of the vent. I cut off the filter tab on one side.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_2814_zpsc9z8oary" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_2810_zpsglpsgd88" />
Back to top Go down
Pooka

Pooka

PostSubject: that seat looks comfy   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Nice seat! Looks very long distance comfy :-)
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Pooka wrote:
Nice seat! Looks very long distance comfy :-)
Thanks, it is one of the best mods I've done to the bike. Planning on trying the bike out for some extended trips as soon as the weather clears a bit. Heading out to Utah in May for the first really long distance ride. Will be my first time backroads touring on a little bike in years. Should be an adventure for sure Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 7:30 pm

installed a Race Tech Gold Valve kit in the forks and some cool Yamaha Stickers on the swing arm
Can't wait for better weather to try out the suspension mods

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 IMG_0958_zpsnfn9zerh
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:19 am

Nothing yet but these turned up yesterday. Just waiting on some tapered bolts so I can fit it all.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 20150320_115136
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:25 am

stevep84 wrote:
Nothing yet but these turned up yesterday. Just waiting on some tapered bolts so I can fit it all.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 20150320_115136

Why wait? Just flip the sprocket around and use the bolts that you have.
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:12 am

rsteiger wrote:
Why wait?  Just flip the sprocket around and use the bolts that you have.

Because they are already ordered and I want to do it properly. I have an aircraft maintenance background, I do things right or don't do them.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 4:00 pm

stevep84 wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

Because they are already ordered and I want to do it properly. I have an aircraft maintenance background, I do things right or don't do them.
Me too. I even preheat my blue locktite before I apply it with a small brush made out of angel's eyelashes Very happy
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Today I changed out my coolant to distilled water and Red Line Water Wetter mix :]
Tomorrow should be an oil change and spark plug change
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:11 pm

stevep84 wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

Cool to each their own... been running mine with the stock bolts for the last 9000 miles with no issues.  

On top of that I can still find my bike every day too unlike some of the Malaysian Airlines!

Of course I am assuming you bought OEM parts for this change. I mean none of those non-regulation aftermarket parts should end up on your bike if you are doing it right.
Back to top Go down
Korack

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:49 pm

New exhaust, edge 2 integrated tail light, led front blinkers, hand guards, blue levers, foot pegs, brake pedal, fork guards and bar pad. Waiting on mirrors.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 DSC02564_zpscn4pebwo
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 DSC02552_zps4ja2mdsv
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 DSC02549_zpsvlgekqwv
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 DSC02557_zps0r0cgjfk
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Woohoo, oil and spark plug change went well :] The spark plug was a pain though. It looked like no one ever changed the plug out, the same went for the coolant :[ made me happy after i flushed out all the black water..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 20 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next