Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
00PowderSpecial

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:35 am

I rigged up some luggage for my trip starting Tuesday, going to NS and NB should be about 2500 kms by the time I get back home, maybe more. I got the saddle bags at princess auto for 30 bucks, and had the Icon tank bag from my sportbike days, which strapped to the saddle bags. Should do the trick.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 31f84143
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 F72b13da
Back to top Go down
dnf

dnf

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Installed a Safari tank, and a Sandman case saver.
Maybe one day I will take a pic.

Next in random order will be heated grips, luggage of some sort, tankbag, new rubber, and removing that airbox thingy device.
Back to top Go down
DirtBiker84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

today i added a ricochet skid plate i got from member little squirt. just got a sprocket cover kit from sandman. and i installed a mini usb kit for a GPS. going to have to wait a bit on the gps. but when i get one ill be set.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 2011%5C08%5C17%5Cbikepics-2258307-full

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 2011%5C08%5C17%5Cbikepics-2258308-800
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Mounted orange coloured rimstripes today. Because i was thinking it would look nice against the small orange in the wr250x letters on the side.
But im not sure if i like it or not. Powerless camera so pic will come up later....
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Not today, but from sunday riding in the Michaux Dual Sport. Got caught up on a log on the 9th option (C level), decided I didn't have a good pic of my bike in the woods with sumo wheels.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Loghopfail
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 am

mr-cave wrote:
Mounted orange coloured rimstripes today. Because i was thinking it would look nice against the small orange in the wr250x letters on the side.
But im not sure if i like it or not. Powerless camera so pic will come up later....

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Wr250x11

Here is the look of it now.
I think it went a little too much with the stripes on but i think i like it more and more.

Just shortened my fron fender by 3/4" or so. Just so U can notice it but just barely.

Have bought a black fatbar also but im waiting for the other parts to come home before i can install it.

Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 am

Orange stripes are a go! Looks good.
thumb
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 am

I took off the original handlebar mounts today, preparing for the fatbar to be installed.
But i must say those 17mm nuts for the mounts has a really tight a** postition....

I have ordered AIR handlebar mounts wich had a really low height compared to some other brands. But i dont know if they are 5mm offset as the originals.

Anyone tried the Renthal ones? I saw they had the 5mm offset but im not sure if they will fit. they were for yamaha 125-450 2004-06. seen on renthal.com
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

I went for a half day ride looking for wildflowers...

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Imgp8316

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Imgp8317

Purcell Wilderness in the distance - think of it as the south end of the Bugaboos.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp810

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp811

The obligatory shameless cheesecake photo. Backlighting in these conditions make it tough.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp812

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp813

Oh yes... I found a few wildlfowers...

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp814

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 -imgp815

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Imgp8416

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Imgp8417

A three hour round trip with a half hour for lunch (sourdough baguette with liverwust and pfeiffersalami and a nice frosty beer) and an hour screwing around taking pictures of flowers. Not a bad way to spend four hours of your lifespan.

But I really need to buy a macro lens.
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:06 am

Mounted that Fatbar today with mounts from "AIR" they had the 5mm offset as the original mounts have.
But they were too low so i had to use some brackets to get them up about 5mm otherwise the bar hitted the forkbearingnut beneath.....
Every other mount i have seen has been much higher so i wa surprised when this mount was so low.

The new bar was about 1cm wider but height and bending was about the same.
Even this small change forced me to flip the throttlehandle to get more wire and reroute the electricwiring a bit but no big deal

The bike got a more agressive look now as the handlebar sits a bit lower and is a little bit wider. And you dont have that ugly stick in the middle.

While I was on it i changed sparkplug and checked the coil for cracks and so. Nothing to be found but the plug was black...
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:37 am

Loaded it up for a ride over the weekend:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 313854_10150277052961958_612261957_8154538_1492896_n
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 am

I installed my new Staintune exhaust a week or two ago but haven't been able to ride it offroad until today. Goes great and I certainly won't be sneaking up on any Kangaroos anymore wink

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 A8d65078
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:55 pm

She got HID
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 154hpol

And she got some mirrors. They have a better view but are pretty low so I keep smacking em with my hands :(
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Sdinhe
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 pm

And then someone hit it and drove off in the parking lot at work... so one of the new mirrors is cracked, throttle tube busted, and it needs handlebars / grips. Did I mention I hate humans? Front fender scuffed too (they side swiped it parking beside it, wheel was locked to the side).
Back to top Go down
47une

47une

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:02 am

Radiator guards:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 IMG_1968

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 IMG_1966
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:35 pm

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Wr250x14

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Wr250x15

I made a "home made" silencer slideprotector.
Made it of a piece of 8mm orange gas hose (used for trailers/ boats and camping equippment) and a steelwire.
Cost: almost nothing...
Looks: hmmm okay I guess ?

But it looks kinda like a condom just sitting on the top of the...... or is it just my bad sence of humor..? scratch
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:03 am

took my girls 14 y.o. daughter for her first ride as a pasanger now that her helmet arrived today. she has ridden her and another mini bike a little bit more and she is a natural rider. one good thing she got from her father...but i get to see her joy in riding.
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Newish Tires   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Took the trail wings off and put a Michelin T63 on the front and a Pirelli MT21 on the back. These were on my XT225. Took the bike to a little mud hole that the trail wings had problems with GAHHHH - I need to push to get out. Stopped the bike in the mud and blasted out of it with the Pirelli wings . Next upgrade will be chain and sprockets.
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Mounted tool tube. Agri Supply tube, Jeg's stainless steel exhaust clamp, two 3/4" vinyl-coated loop clamps, and two 7/16"-14 nylock nuts. It was a bolt-on except for drilling the loop clamp holes to 7/16". No mods to frame or stock brackets, and I still have use of the helmet lock.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 00812
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:43 pm

I met the UPS guy at the door. Just waiting for Wheeling Cycle to ship me my new X wheels!!!!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 IMAG0429
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: New Chain and sprockets   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Changed the front to a 12 and the rear to a 48 with a new o-ring chain.
Will need to get a programmer or ??? to adjust the Speedo.
I believe 100 km/h is now 80 km/h. Will need to run a test as my GPS watch did not seem to give consistent results.
Less clutch work on the trails, but first still feels a bit tall.
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:18 am

Installed a Seat Concepts seat. Still have some work to do to get the wrinkles out of the front area, but I'll work on that. WOW what a big difference!!!!!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 IMAG0446

On day 21, waiting for Wheeling Cycle to send me my SM wheels.......... GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Raced in a Hare Scramble

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Millvi12

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Millvi13

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Logan-15
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Snow   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Wanted to go to the top of McNutt, now that the bike is geared lower, but ran into snow. Rode for about 2 km in the snow and got stuck on a hill about 1 km from the look-out over Gold creek on Alouette lake - Golden Ears Provincial Park, BC.
The 12-48 gearing is much better for the trails here, might even go for a 52. I have also installed the 12 O'clock speedo unit. The bike can still hit 120 km/h, but it is screaming.
Back to top Go down
Caan Saer

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:16 am

wasnt today but on sunday i went chasing flying punkins in a bean field at high speed in lower slower delaware. my teams shot made it over 3500 feet. insert shameless plug here, be sure to watch the third episode of "road to the chunk" on discovery/science and see my friends / teams put on a demo of fun as we have it and dont miss the big show on thanksgiving night. btw i have no affiliation with discovery other than having signed a release for you to see my ugly mug if i do not hit the cutting room floor and thier corporate headquaters is nearby.

sean
team chunkin up,
affiliated teams, mack daddy, and smokin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 11 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next