Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Supercross Season

Go down 
+7
dtx
kingsquid
cryptomundo
Chief_Lee_Visceral
YZEtc
0007onWR
X-Racer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm

How about the guy in back who missed it by an inch, bet he needed a wipe!!
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 pm

I wonder if are going to star seeing bark busters. Probably not, aero; but bet it crosses that dudes mind.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
I wonder if are going to star seeing bark busters. Probably not, aero; but bet it crosses that dudes mind.

I'm really surprised everyone isn't running them after this Steve Rapp start-line crash at Road America in I think 2006:

2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 51504517

Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5391944395906954225#
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm

* wondering what happened to my Barcia picture * Anyone have any ideas ?

That was a WILD-ass finish at Daytona. Can you imagine ? I can't. Don't want to. Not even in my dreams.

Rapps too.... Makes you wonder why they don't have a guard. At least on the brake side.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 am

The Barcia pic is still there
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Surprised Stewart is racing this weekend after that mangled mess he got caught up in last week. I guess he had no serious injuries.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Seriously.... I was hurtin' all week just from watching that !

I hurt from just riding, let alone falling off !

Must be nice to be what; twenty-two ?

I could ride and crash all week and never miss a beat. Hell, I'd crash just to warm-up ! wings

So what's the call tonight ?
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Stewart has to rebound tonight. If he has any sense. Hopefully his dad beat it into him that, You have to start getting off the line better so your not in these bad situations, son!
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:09 pm

its been a busy week for me and did not have time to check and see whats up with stewart .. he is quick, i give him that, but both him and his little brother seem to go down alot (i know its not always their fault). for stewart, two weeks in a row, maybe more (my memory is not that great these days) but i think stewart might be a little slower tonight just because of the physical and mental beating he has probably taken. maybe he will need to get some confidence back? you never know .. as x-racer mentioned, he is a youngster .. he will want to get some points tonight .. so .. i guess we'll see!

trey canard had a great race last weekend, that last lap or so, reed passing him and then canard's answer to that was great racing! nice win
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I never heard what JS wounded last weekend, anyone know?
Looked like he got a foot peg across the back
I hope he get's a good start and we get to see him go head to head with RV, and Reed doesn't pull one of his Dick moves
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Yeah, if Stewart get's the hole shot, he has a good chance on just running (riding) away with it as he has done many times. But I think the reason I like him, besides the fact he rides a Yamaha, is that he is a little unpredictable. He can be kicking ass and just be pushing it to the limits, and when you're riding at that level, the smallest mistake can and will result in a crash. I hope he wins, but if not, I guess I wouldn't mind Dungy winning, something he has not done all season. He has done great but no wins. And I would like to see little Stewart have a good showing.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Just watched the race....SPOILER ALERT

Wow another typical Stewart night, by him AND his brother. Fast, out of control, big crash. And take out RV along the way. Good win for Dungey, finally. Boo, Reed it the points leader now.

Who the heck was that privateer that pulled the massive holeshot in the main?? And did you catch his one hander over the finish line jump with the lead on the first lap?? poser2
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah, typical "crash, be waaay back in the pack and then play catch up for 20 laps" Stewart. He can really blast around the track at blazing, out of control speeds. And it seems like his little brother is following in his footsteps. Makes them interesting to watch. Glad Dungey finally won. And I don't know who that other dude was.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Well that is that. No RV vs JS. He is going to say it was the passenger but he was driving. This is not going to go away.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 pm

The holeshot was the French rider Izoid something rather.... He probably figured he'd get his grandstanding in early since he wasn't going to lead more than the first lap * chuckle * ...but yea. what a start !

The Team Crash and Burn team (Malcolm and James)... Well.... Dang Malcolm. THAT was a hard hit. James: Well...

All I can say it this is going to be one exciting finish to the series ! I'd like to see good clean racing from here out. Wishful thinking I know. I just hope no one gets hurt.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 11:34 am

Stewart...boy did he screw up with this off the track incident. What a punk. He's looking at some serious felony charges.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Huh ? Wha happened ?
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Impersonating a police officer. Had fake lights in his truck, him and a friend tried to pull a car over. Just so happens in that other car were two off duty police officers! Busted, big time.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:37 pm

OMG... That's almost hysterical ! They should have at least picked ho-ish lookin' women !

Good grief... Where'd you hear about this ?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Racer-x, ESPN... More like he was driving someone to the airport, running late and to make a hole in traffic they put red/blue lights on the dash. Off duty cop pulls over and then they call on-duty cops who bust them in the airport parking lot with the lights.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:05 pm

I wonder if they tried the "do you know who I am" line lol!

man crash team tooks some hits AGAIN this weekend .. the little guy took a hit .. question to the racers out there, if you know your going to hit like that (which it appeared to me he had plenty of time to see how he was going to hit) .. what would you do? do you lean back a little or try to jump off .. seems like he was kinda leaning forward and thats why his chest took a big hit (I would think he had chest protection on?)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 pm

"Do you know who I am?" Baaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa.... THAT's funny !

Orlando article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-james-stewart-motocross-arrest-20110328,0,1565867.story

It looked like he knew he was "Short" right from the launch and was trying to get "light" by unweighting the bike, but at some point he had to get back to the pegs and perhaps hit the rear brake (to drop the front end mid-air - which is why he may have appeared to be leaning forward) with the hope that he could ride it out (absorb the landing with enough momentum to "bounce" off the top essentially just "Case" it).

...but THAT didn't happen ! The front end never dropped and the bike position and the front side of the jump were "parallel" which obviously stopped him instantly.

The of course physics sets in: I=MA. "A" went to zero and the "I" was his body into the (stopped) bike. "Ouch".

Even if not racing ( in case of a sudden "V" ditch) there isn't much you can do. Augering in with, or without the bike is the result. I'd take my chance on the bike. Unless you have major air, getting away from the bike is a challenge. You might end up wadded-up with it anyways.

You can take it in the face, or take it in the chest. ...and it happens so fast the choice usually isn't yours.

Not surprisingly the ankles are sometimes what get it the worst.

Ask me how I know... Answer: I've done it enough times. * laugh *

Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Stay with the bike. Ask RV about jumping off. Like the talk you hear about laying a bike down. WTH? better to use your brakes until you hit what you are going to hit.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Maybe little Stewart thought he was on his brother's 450 and that's why he came up short for the landing?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:57 am

Mid: He could have missed a gear. Lost traction ~ shrug ~ Hard to tell.

CLV: When I have lowsided at speed (Dirt and pavement) I have tried to get on TOP of the bike ! Surf it into the haybails ! ....although there have been times I'd tried to not follow it and stop before the bike does (like heading towards drop-offs).

The Racer-X thread on Jame's ordeal is pretty funny. It'll be interesting to see Yamaha's response. ...although frankly I don't expect them to take a position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Supercross Season
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next