Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Supercross Season

Go down 
+7
dtx
kingsquid
cryptomundo
Chief_Lee_Visceral
YZEtc
0007onWR
X-Racer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kingsquid

kingsquid

2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 am

X-Racer wrote:
It'll be interesting to see Yamaha's response. ...although frankly I don't expect them to take a position.

They better, this is a serious crime. Especially in this day and age. What if the people they were pulling over were not cops, what did they have in mind? Kidnap them? Never mind the Airport, that has nothing to do with this. They can't let people running around imposing vigilante justice as they see fit. Yamaha should drop his ass. If they don't, I've lost a lot respect for them as a company.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 am

X-Racer wrote:
It looked like he knew he was "Short" right from the launch and was trying to get "light" by unweighting the bike, but at some point he had to get back to the pegs and perhaps hit the rear brake (to drop the front end mid-air - which is why he may have appeared to be leaning forward) with the hope that he could ride it out (absorb the landing with enough momentum to "bounce" off the top essentially just "Case" it).

...but THAT didn't happen ! The front end never dropped and the bike position and the front side of the jump were "parallel" which obviously stopped him instantly.

The of course physics sets in: I=MA. "A" went to zero and the "I" was his body into the (stopped) bike. "Ouch".

Even if not racing ( in case of a sudden "V" ditch) there isn't much you can do. Augering in with, or without the bike is the result. I'd take my chance on the bike. Unless you have major air, getting away from the bike is a challenge. You might end up wadded-up with it anyways.

You can take it in the face, or take it in the chest. ...and it happens so fast the choice usually isn't yours.

Not surprisingly the ankles are sometimes what get it the worst.

Ask me how I know... Answer: I've done it enough times. * laugh *

Yeah makes sense .. I forgot who, last year, maybe RV was landing short, front dropped and he went superman over the front .. RD was right behind him I think .. pretty bad crash .. anyway, maybe he knew he was going to land short and dropped the front .. who knows but your right, MS front did not drop, his bike just floated nice and even until BAM!! ouch ..
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:50 am

The RV crash you mention was the one that broke his leg I think... Pretty ugly.

Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

kingsquid wrote:
X-Racer wrote:
It'll be interesting to see Yamaha's response. ...although frankly I don't expect them to take a position.

They better, this is a serious crime. Especially in this day and age. What if the people they were pulling over were not cops, what did they have in mind? Kidnap them? Never mind the Airport, that has nothing to do with this. They can't let people running around imposing vigilante justice as they see fit. Yamaha should drop his ass. If they don't, I've lost a lot respect for them as a company.

Yamaha has no reason to do anything at this point, last I checked people are innocent until proven guilty. he has not been proven guilty. I'm not saying he didn't do it, or that he won't be proven guilty at a later time, but until he is found guilty there is no reason for yamaha to say he his guilty either. And he wasn't pulling them over to kidnap them or do anything to them, he went passed the car he was pulling over so he was basically just getting them to move out of his way. again I'm not saying that is right or that he shouldn't be punished for it but there's no reason to blow it up into something more than it is.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:16 pm

I don't know if Yamaha will do anything to their "star quarterback". Who else would replace him? Milsaps? Stroupe?
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 pm

sorry in advance to the Stewart fans, but he should not make it so easy to poke fun ..

"no of course we know we're not cops, but did i mention who we are? James Stewart, you know the racer, my little brother too .. little M .. the crash test dummies, i mean brothers, yeah we turned on the lights trying to avoid a crash .. saving lives .. we should be heros you know .. we are heros .. we test/search for slick spots on the race tracks so the other racers can avoid going down .."

well, i made myself laugh writing it .. thats gotta be worth something Very happy

Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 pm

2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 60480041
I hear there's this guy in prison calling himself Bubba. I want to go in there and kick his ass!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Gotta remember where our society put's people like this, he has a rock star life and everything he ever needed has been done for him by people who kiss his butt and plunk it in his lap
They are so secluded that they lose touch with reality, I call it Michael Jackson syndrome
The only way a guy like this can do what he get's paid to do is to convince himself that he is greater than any man on the planet, champion is simply like that or they are Kevin Wyndham, there's no shortage of skill out there, it's confidence
That means the god's of the racing world think they are bulletproof and are prima donnas
Can't have one without the other
That being said he pulled a major boner, him and the guy he was with are both idiot's who were not thinking of the consequences, I think what happened is a felony down there, disasterous for the Carreer and tough to have an excuse for
Back to top Go down
dustcloud

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Looks like bubba didnt think the red and blues would work on the track so he used the pitt maneuver on Reed instead. hahahahahahaha......sorry I couldnt resist that. but, seriously I root for James week in and week out to at least do well cuz he does have mad skillz, I like Reed also and what he is doing this yr with his own team. Really looks like neither of them is gonna win the championship if this keeps up though.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Another crazee race!!! Man, Stewart just got totally outta control and launched his bike into Reed. Funny those guys keep bumping and grinding each other!
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:52 pm

0007onWR wrote:
... That being said he pulled a major boner, him and the guy he was with are both idiot's who were not thinking of the consequences, I think what happened is a felony down there, disasterous for the Carreer and tough to have an excuse for

I think we (humans) dont start thinking of consequences until late 20's or early 30's .. it might be a proven fact .. not sure
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:07 am

I'm a Trey Canard guy. Have been since he surprised the know it all moto journalists and spanked the East Coast Lites in his Supercross debut season. This year, a "rookie" again he has placed well and won three. Was anybody going to catch him at Dalles? I think not. Trey is on a roll just when it matters most.

Trey lies 4th and only 16 points back. Possibly he and RD are the only truly injury free guys at this point. JS now has other problems to add to his win or crash reputation. CR? Runs hot runs cold. RV probably has the best SX bike under him but can't seem to overcome slow or unlucky starts.

Having said all that this is absolutely the best Supercross season ever! Very happy
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:17 pm

cryptomundo wrote:
I think we (humans) dont start thinking of consequences until late 20's or early 30's .. it might be a proven fact .. not sure

Uh huh... Especially us MALE versions. ...and maybe (like yours truly) even later than early thirties ! Very happy

I missed the Dallas SX. We were out riding all W/E. I have my DVR set to record every damn title imaginable and they keep changing them. So now I have to add CBS Sports SPECTACULAR and I get EVERYTHING that comes on under that title. Grrrrr....

Dustcloud: Pitt manuever... * LOL *

Greenfire: It'd be hard to disagree with you. He's definitely got it going on ! Great guy... Great attitude.... Never blames anyone but himself for anything. Definitely a true sportsman.

...and five guys twenty-one (210) points apart ! Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 pm

I agree Canard is a stand up guy and pretty fast. I was surprised when Read last weekend when asked what happened in the corner with Stewart when they crashed, he said something like "I made a mistake in the corner and we crashed". Well, if you saw it, you would know that it was Stewart that made the mistake going into the corner and launched his bike at Read. Not on purpose though. I thought Read would have said it was Stewarts fault but he didn't. I have a little more respect for him now.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Attention please, Reed is a douche bag, he has always been a douche bag, tomorrow when he wakes up he will still be a douche bag, sometimes he acts like he is not a douche bag but he is still a douche bag acting like non douche bag, I think he's an even bigger douche bag for pretending to not be a douche bag sometimes
I must admit though, he rides pretty good for a douche bag
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Reed isn't all that. I can ride as fast as he does. .....until the middle of the first corner. Shog
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I agree, I never liked Reed. That's why I was surprised when he said that HE made a mistake. I'm sure if he's questioned about it this week, after he's seen the tape, he will say that Stewart aimed for him!
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't dislike any of these guys. For the most part they are all superb athletes who train hard and are serious about their profession.

But they each have their own personality and style on and off the track. That's what it comes down to when picking a fav... someone to root for thru good times and bad. Since I've never had interest in stick and ball sports motorcycle racers (of all types) are at the top of my sports heros.

Having said that there have been some Supercross season I only followed casually because they were, frankly, borderline boring.

But that was then and this is now! wings
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 2:23 am

greenfire6 wrote:
. Since I've never had interest in stick and ball sports motorcycle racers (of all types) are at the top of my sports heros.

I've only had heros consisting of M/C racers. Other racers are heroic, just not my personal heros.

In my definition, "Sport" is an activity where there is a reasonable likelyhood that in most every moment of doing it, you could;

1) Loose your life, or;

2) Lose mobility of your limbs.

Which means you could exclude most ball sports in their entirety and put into context, bullfighting and bullriding come immediately to mind.
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 am

^So your definition would include gymnastics. I believe I have heard in the past of a gymnast falling off their high bar or balance beam or whatever and becoming paralyzed. I don't include gymnastics as a sport.

For me a sport needs definite parameters. You need start and therefor a finish line. Or a total time constraint.

No judges involved what so ever, otherwise the whole thing is just an exhibition.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:53 am

King: Well... In my mind it would be a stretch to include such as a gymnastics "miss" resulting in such injury as a "reasonable likelyhood". I mean they do have "spotters".

I wouldn't normally include equestrian sports (English jumpers as an example) either, but frankly I'd take my chances on the back of a bike vs the back of a horse jumping 6 foot oxers. ...and then there was Christopher Reed.

Even if not racing (goal or timed event), you would have to agree that the probability and consequence just for M/C riders alone is different by significant factors.

Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 pm

I think it's unrealistic to compare a motorsports god like Stewart or Rossi to a baseball player, horse jumper or Gymnast
I don't even think you can include guys like extreme skiers or car racers

These guys lay it on the line like no other sport can compare to

The closest comparison would be MMA, they train wicked hard, they know the date and time that they need to pull the trigger, there's potential for ugly injuries, they know there are in a win or lose situation and don't go looking for second place

Love this Supercross season
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Wow, just watched the race, Stewart Yeehaw!!!
Looks and sounds like he's got his feet on the ground, maybe a little of the princess attitude has been squeezed out of him and he's grounded in some form of reality now
Reed is still a douche bag, even the tough blocks don't like him, Dungey earned his second place, good ride, Canard is going to win the championship next season, RV seems like a little loss of confidence has slowed him down
And Reed is still a douche bag, I was hoping Canard would get him and he almost did
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:14 pm

That was a very close inside jump/pass Stewart put on Tedesco early to take the lead. If Tedesco would have been just an inch further inside Stewart would have landed on him. And it would have been the same old story of Stewart not giving a damn about anyone else on the track.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm

kingsquid wrote:
That was a very close inside jump/pass Stewart put on Tedesco early to take the lead. If Tedesco would have been just an inch further inside Stewart would have landed on him. And it would have been the same old story of Stewart not giving a damn about anyone else on the track.

...and doncha think for a second that "Hot Sauce" wasn't concerned that he'd do just that. What else would explain why he was so far off line ?

...and what the hell is a tuff-block doing in the middle of the track without a flagman waving the oncoming rider off ? ? That's messed up !

Canard almost took a big one though there at the end eh ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Supercross Season
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next