Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ooops! Deer Crash...

Go down 
+18
mwalker
deerHater
YamahaTN
slapcorn
shep546
duanew
YZEtc
gatorfan
papi4baby
Crazy M
Coop
Peterbuilt
bracky72
roofer89
oic0
IAmABug
wristpin
GusinCA
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Ooops! Deer Crash... Empty
PostSubject: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Skip to 7:30

https://youtu.be/atCrbQv5P3k

Shorts and asphalt hurt...
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 pm

WOW! That sucks. My worst fear when riding is hitting a deer. I have hit several with my truck and that is scary enough. I try not to ride in the evening and not at all at night if I can help it. Being an avid deer hunter I feel like it would be just my luck to get taken out by one. Hope you heal up quick, glad it wasn't worse than it was.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 pm

No, it's not a video of me. I don't ride on the street in shorts... :)
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Glad you're o.k. Sucks for whoever that was. I had a bird fly into my chest one morning while going to work doing 65 to 70 mph wearing a t-shirt, left a mark yes indeed.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 pm

That would SUCK!!!!! I have come close once or twice but man, that sucked. Poor guy.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Its amazing how G rated he stayed throughout the event. I develop severe tourette's in any sort of accident. I would have had several F bombs out before I ever met the concrete.
Back to top Go down
roofer89

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 pm

I too hit a deer on my WRR not funny at all. I was not wearing shorts and shoes though had on appropriate armor/boots and walked away with only a broken thumb where my left handgrip straightened my thumb out when I hit the deer. Watch out for em they appear out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm

It made the latest Tosh.0. I recognized the bike instantly. :)
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:17 am

I don't ride in shorts either.. Leather 95% of the time..

Ooops! Deer Crash... Deerpwn

I'm going to hell..
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 am

I had a friend hit a deer 10-15 years ago. It happened at 9pm coming home from work and a jogger found him at 7am the next morning. He laid in a ditch all night unconscious, he was single at the time so nobody even knew he was "missing". He was hurt up pretty badly and spent a long time in the hospital. He's fine now thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 pm

ive hit coons where i am and thank god i wear my gear, i didnt go down but i met up with the ditch pretty quick. its hard to skin graph when theres nothing to graph!!!
Back to top Go down
papi4baby

papi4baby

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow.
F that, i never ride in shorts or t shirt. Sneakers at a minimum for footwear.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:03 pm

On a multi-day ride in Colorado I was pulling out of a town at dusk with 1 hour to the next town where I was to be staying that night and saw about 4 deer in the first 10 minutes. Turned right around, went back to town I just left and got a room for the night.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 pm

I do ride in shorts, sandals and no helmet.

At 3mph through the campground or in our parking lot, with people on bicycles passing me by... Very happy
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I've hit deer on two occasions on my motorcycles.

First time was around 1992 on a 1990 Yamaha DT-200RA (smuggled in from Canada).
The deer jumped out and basically seemed intent on running straight for me, despite my efforts to steer away from it.
I hit it at about 35-40mph and went down, was dazed and laying in the middle of the road for about 5 seconds, then gathered my wits, picked the bike up, cursed the deer, and rode home about a mile away.
As I was getting up, I saw the deer prance away from the scene.
No permanent damage to bike or rider, and I assume the deer was OK.
I had been told how dumb deer were, and I had just found out first-hand.

Second incident was when riding my 2003 Yamaha FZ-1 street bike back in 2007, a 1,000cc naked sport bike or "standard" bike as the magazines liked to call them.
As usual, the deer shot out of nowhere and I didn't even see it before I hit it, and the only way I knew I'd hit something was when the handlebars flinched in my hands.
I didn't go down, thank God, but as I stopped, turned around, and rode back to the spot, there was a deer on the side of the road, dead.
The furry little critter's skull bonked off my lower right-hand fork leg, grazed my right boot, banged against my muffler canister, and then breathed it's last breath as it layed on a guy's lawn at the edge of the road.
The bike got a bent radiator, and although it wasn't leaking and I was able to ride it home, I still replaced it.

If you wonder why some people aren't too fond of seeing deer, try this sometime.
If you are lucky, you'll never have to experience it.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Stooooopid Deer   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:49 pm

This actually happened to me yesterday with about the same size deer as in the video. It was my first deer accident in my life. I had just broke camp (stealth camping) at about 7 in the morning on a small dirt road and going 35 - 40 mph. I saw the deer jump out of the bush and though that deer would not be able to get in front of me so I did not hit the brakes too hard. All I could think was damn deer is going to make me crash. The deer then ran into the side of my WR and I felt it slam into forks and the side of my foot. The bike was only knocked off line about 6 inches or so by the hit. When I figured out that I was not going down, I looked to the side to see the Stooooopid Deer tumbling along the road. By the time I stopped and looked behind me the dear was gone. The deer ended up bending my tank plastics a bit and bending the horn a bit too. I guess I am really fortunate and it is actually a little funny. Of course I was in full gear so I was protected.

What makes deer want to head butt vehicles?
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Can somebody explain to me whats with his leg? It looks... green?
Back to top Go down
slapcorn

slapcorn

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:44 pm

deer shit explosion
Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Hit a dog and ended up with a broken clavicle. Never hit a deer although I've had the back tire locked up trying to avoid one. I am never on a bike in shorts and have all the gear on most of the time.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 am

I've hit deer twice while riding, once while driving a car.

Fairly big, fast, and *really* stupid! (deer, not me - I'm slow!)

Hitting wild animals is probably my biggest riding fear, because I like small back roads which unfortunately often have thick folliage nearly up to the edge of the pavement.

And always remember: ATGATT!
Back to top Go down
mwalker

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:27 pm

I live in western KY and I don't know if it was the mild winter or what but at dusk and at sunrise I have never seen so many deer lining the road. Rumor has it the Ill and Ky conservation authorities are introducing more predators to the region aka...cougar’s and lengthening deer season at the insurance companies pressure. Cougars not milf's Ooops! Deer Crash... 93746 , have been sighted and documented more this year since they where wipped out in the 1800's.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I thought it was just Pa that spread those ridiculous rumors about predators being introduced. Very happy If there are so many cougars in our area how come people only see them but never get good pictures or we never see a road killed one? You see road killed bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc., in Pa but never a Mt.Lion, hmmm Very happy .
Back to top Go down
mwalker

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201206190407/GPG0101/206190398

They have two confirmed road kills in southern ILL and several sightings......no den sightings however but Shawnee national forest is a large place
Back to top Go down
squishi1993

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:21 pm

ouchh, all the healing vibes for you buddy.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Ooops! Bear Crash...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXniNjVFt10&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooops! Deer Crash...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next