Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ooops! Deer Crash...

Go down 
+18
mwalker
deerHater
YamahaTN
slapcorn
shep546
duanew
YZEtc
gatorfan
papi4baby
Crazy M
Coop
Peterbuilt
bracky72
roofer89
oic0
IAmABug
wristpin
GusinCA
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yogibear1976

Ooops! Deer Crash... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 pm

I hit a deer last August about 1.5 miles from home on a gravel road. I killed the deer, destroyed my Versys, and split open my right leg. Waited quite a while for a neighbor to find me, then got patched up at the hospital. I still have moderate continuous pain in my right knee, and am back to work 1/2 time. I don't ride as much anymore but do enjoy my WR that I bought in January. This isn't something you can plan for but I have added knee protection to my "must wear" list for riding. I've always worn a helmet, gloves with knuckle protection, and a jacket with CE armor in. I couldn't imagine how much worse I would be if I was wearing shorts like the guy in the video...
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

Ooops! Deer Crash... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ooops! Deer Crash...   Ooops! Deer Crash... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Sorry about the crash. Thanks to God for your survival and hope you heal fast. Just be thankful. I know I guy who was killed cause of running into a deer, on an Honda ST1300. Doesn't look like you could have prevented it. Those dumb critters will jump out of nowhere sometimes. Even squirls and pigeons know to get out of the way, not run IN THE WAY.
Back to top Go down

Ooops! Deer Crash...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2