Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R

Go down 
+6
bigg
jkstehn
shep546
motokid
Chuurchh
ivel_86
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I just re-read the original question and would address the question about cramped riding position. Again I am 6'1" - the WRR is a bit cramped for long road stretches, but not bad at all compared to a dirt bike. I would lilke the pegs to be a little lower and further back, and the handle bars to be a little taller. This would help on both the road and dirt. The seat is actually pretty good (compared to KTM), and I can move back and forth to spread the pressure.

Back to top Go down
Vinduroman

Vinduroman

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Save your breath IndigoWolf, he said he didn't want input on the lady's bike.

Vinduroman
Back to top Go down
ivel_86

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 am

Vinduroman you have a pm.

Dhally, thanks for the info. Do they make adjustable pegs? Or like a peg lowering kit or something? Thanks again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm

ivel_86 wrote:
Vinduroman you have a pm.

Dhally, thanks for the info. Do they make adjustable pegs? Or like a peg lowering kit or something? Thanks again.

I found a couple different lower pegs discussed here on the forum, haven't tried any yet. Haven't seen any mention of a lowering kit.
Back to top Go down
IndigoWolf

IndigoWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 pm

ivel_86 wrote:
Dee123 wrote:
My response was mainly focused on you. As for your lady friend, like said above, depends on her experience level and size.

If she is a beginner then I am not sure what to say. I would probably turn her away from a WR until she gains some experience and confidence on a motorcycle. If she isnt atleast 5'10 then I think the WR will be too tall for her and she will have issues at stop lights and parking etc.. Although this can be fixed by a lowering link.

Heres the deal, I personally think the new 13 CRF250 would be perfect for the lady friend. Shorter, less power, not as dirt aggressive as the WR. But by all means I am not saying lady riders should ride less bike because they are female. All depends on her experience level which we are unaware of.

D

She is brand new, zero experience. I agree with you 100%. I don't want to get her a bike she isn't ready for than turn her off from riding it because she is to timid to learn the ins and outs of it. There will always be room for expansion in the future. I am more worried about me HAHA. So far most of the replys have been extremely helpful. Very informative. Thanks for your response.
This is exactly why I Suggested the TW200. It is perfect for inexperienced riders. The fat tires give it a solid footing in all terrain from rocks to sand. It is also short enough so new riders can plant their feet when they come to a stop. Read more ---> TW200 Forum

(Vinduroman, If he didn't want input on his ladies bike then why do you think he asked so many questions regarding it.???)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R    Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of Purchasing a Wr250R
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2