Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2 and a half hour highway drive ok?

Go down 
+13
Blackdog
mordicai
Crazy M
YZEtc
georgis4
GusinCA
Torontorocko
mucker
oic0
bigg
gatorfan
wristpin
kpla51
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Biglake

2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:43 am

The water gets sucked out of the overflow and back into the rad when the bike cools.

On cars rad shops can test the rad cap, I dont know if they can test the smaller ones off bikes tho.

Look at the cap closely if its warped or twisted or oval shaped replace it.

If your buying a new rad get a new cap too.

Honestly im just posting up everything thing I can think of because your rads not bent enough to cause over heating or need replacing IMO.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:51 am

I just ordered a new cap I'm going to see if maybe auto zone can test the cap how much pressure should it hold?
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:48 am

Didn't see it mentioned, but your coolant mixture can affect temp also. If it is mostly anti-freeze, won't transfer as much heat as pure water.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:11 pm

It's in between -20 and -35 degrease farenheight I'd say about -25 that's the reading on the peak reader from autozone
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:32 pm

I didn't check the boiling point it slipped my mind what temp should the reading be for boil over
Back to top Go down
pookguy88

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:49 pm

did you ever fix this?
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Put a new rad cap on and didn't have another issue until I took it full speed on the highway with the gf on the back but put a fuel programmer and haven't had the problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 and a half hour highway drive ok?   2 and a half hour highway drive ok? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2 and a half hour highway drive ok?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3