Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Athena Big Bore - Installation question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Athena Big Bore - Installation question Empty
PostSubject: Athena Big Bore - Installation question   Athena Big Bore - Installation question EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm thinking of doing this. I have the PC5 and Autotune and think the big bore would be a nice addition.

For those of you who have installed the big bore yourselves, how difficult was it? I know my way around engines pretty well, but things like aligning the cams and timing chain are a little more difficult.

Along with this mod I will also look into porting and polishing the head (by others). Recommendations for a shop to do this part would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Athena Big Bore - Installation question   Athena Big Bore - Installation question EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:39 pm

check this out

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/reviews-intro/bikeparts/117-athena-bigbore

thumb
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Athena Big Bore - Installation question   Athena Big Bore - Installation question EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 pm

little squirt wrote:
check this out

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/reviews-intro/bikeparts/117-athena-bigbore

thumb
Wow! That's an awesome write-up! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Athena Big Bore - Installation question   Athena Big Bore - Installation question EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Well, I bit the bullet and just ordered the big bore kit. Pretty good price from an ebay vendor. While I have the top end apart I want to port & polish the head, but I don't think I'm up to doing it myself. Anyone have recommendations for a reputable shop that does this kind of work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Athena Big Bore - Installation question   Athena Big Bore - Installation question Empty

Back to top Go down

Athena Big Bore - Installation question
Page 1 of 1