Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage

Go down 
+69
Crooked Creek
pfy50
conflict0102
b.ringrose
scott_pdx
bsheet2
johnnyadventurepants
aaronhall555
deerHater
e010584
Muddyrabbit
treybrad
trav72
mordicai
bDry
SoupSandwich
twday
Dancamp
cryptomundo
DougZ
Greenbean
oh2RideMore
mfrankpdx
Pancho
Bgunn
hughtwg
greer
GsVs
Crawdaddy
calico jack
bash3r
levity
antipode
asheville thumper
edteamslr
Jäger
Navajib
2Wheelz
smolvar
derm75
skierd
longtallsally
tjohnson
MeefZah
wahilde
0007onWR
shredak
BPG
1moreroad
Longview
jpkrass
lotsofwheels
Addicted
Don T
CopaMundial
badmotoscooter
Goggles Pisano
malibu_dan
spikehead
YamWOW!
Fargo_Wolf
Akoffroader
mwakey
f3joel
Louisbiker
SpiritWolf15
Krabill
SheWolf
Chadx
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img0667kl1

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img0675kr8

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img0685oh5

I have a set but have not bolted them down yet. I crash a lot so I went with the Giantloop. They look to be very rugged. The website has a lot of different photos.

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey YamWOW, those must be great saddlebags. They balance the bike so well you don't need the kickstand? What the hell is holding that thing up? Some Photoshop trickery maybe?
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 004Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 005-1

My new Pelican top box with fuel can. Not real big but perfect for a days ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:36 pm

mwakey wrote:
Looking good JP. You can't hardly beat a Pelican case for durability. And you can lock it up too (something you can't do with a bag).

It would be really awesome to have a rack that can hold the Pelican cases as panniers. However, I'm in the minority wanting to use this proper dirt bike as a long distance travel machine. I may have to adapt and roll my own as they say. :-)

I do like the Giant Loop if it would only come off the bike without tools and go off and on quickly. However, the GL is awesome for a short off road excursion!!!!
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Krabill wrote:
Oh come on . . . if we're just going to throw everything into a single thread again, I might as well go back to ADV and post in that monster. I wanted a separate thread specifically for the ebay rack. What's the point of having an entire forum to post in if you're just going to consolidate everything into a dozen different threads?

I've got it. I've been using it for a few months. Works great. I haven't loaded it with much. It will certainly carry 10 pounds. I'm sure I've carried 10 - 15 off road but not for long distances.

With a slightly taller (lower) heat shield that extends below the exhaust, I think I'll be able to run my Nelson Rigg saddlebags. Should have some time in a month or so to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 am

jpkrass, did you mount the pelican case to a rack.. or are you just mounted to the fender and subframe below?
Back to top Go down
jpkrass

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 022It's mounted to the fender and subframe. I'm not going to be putting anything really heavy in the box so
I thought I could go without a rack. It is working out really well, but it is a little harder getting my leg over.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 am

jpkrass wrote:
It is working out really well, but it is a little harder getting my leg over.

That's the main reason holding me back from putting a hard case / bigger rack on mine. That'd be torture on really technical, rocky singletrack where I'm hopping off & on the bike quite a bit. In that vein, I'm trying to develop a semi-permanent rack set-up that will allow me to mount my huge Givi (OK, JC Whitney knock-off!) 40L hard case for commuting, or various sizes of duffels/tailbags for MC camping or just general day-long adventure/exploring - and also be able to pop it off for really technical stuff.

Should have pics soon!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm

jpkrass wrote:
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 022It's mounted to the fender and subframe. I'm not going to be putting anything really heavy in the box so
I thought I could go without a rack. It is working out really well, but it is a little harder getting my leg over.

You might want to exchange those nuts for some locknuts, or at least use lock washers under those nuts. Things do tend to come loose after a hard ride, even on the street.
Back to top Go down
Akoffroader

PostSubject: Rack   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 am

I just purchased and installed one of John's (emerson.biguns on the ADV site) racks and really like it, his service was great as well.

After kicking it around I felt the Yamaha accessory rack was too small, expensive and interfered with the Dirt Bagz I plan to put on.

The Pro Moto billet sits up too high above the seat, being milled out of 1/2" thick plate, and was also expensive. Having one on my XRL I like John's slots around the perimeter to hold straps in their specific place better then the diamond shaped web of the PMB rack.

It was $90.00 delivered (even to Alaska), came with all the hardware and color photo instructions. Mounting was all of 30 minutes. It sits low, almost flush with the seat top and is very sturdy.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9295278&postcount=1

Greg
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:46 pm

So I got my tail rack on today, and it fits like a glove!! $30, can't go wrong with that. It's originally for a DT200, according to a buddy who happened to have an old catalog from years gone by. thumb

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0941

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0944

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0943

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0942
And, see? GENUINE YAMAHA! wink
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0945

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Remember that Borrego rack from Turbo City I mentioned a few pages back? I went and bought one:

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Rack

It took a little more than two weeks to arrive which was cool as their website says to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Shipping charges were a bit more than I wanted to pay - $18 added to the $99.95 for the rack. Still a pretty good deal.

The mounting instructions were a bit confusing until I realized that what they called the "tail section" was actually the rear fender. At first I thought they were telling me to drill through the taillight/license plate assembly...

It is quite stong - but not lightweight. A plus is I now have something to grab onto when I get stuck.

So for it has passed all my tests...

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Loaded
Back to top Go down
shredak

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 pm

mwakey wrote:
jpkrass wrote:

You might want to exchange those nuts for some locknuts, or at least use lock washers under those nuts. Things do tend to come loose after a hard ride, even on the street.

I suggest quasi large washers under those nuts with nylocks or lock washers.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0941

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 IMG_0942

Suspect Suspect

I fall/slide off the seat WAAAY to much in the rocks fer that rack - couldn't be good fer my ass!!! Ouch!!!

Please put some rubber bumpers er something on those front daggers!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I couldn't reach that far back with my ass if I wanted to. My arms are so short that even at full extension as far back as I can go, I don't even come close. Maybe if I were to try freestyle MX or something....naked...and VERY DRUNK. Very happy Yeah, I'm sure I've got something kicking around I can cover those with. *coughTibby'sasscough* wink

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I know, I know - it's just that "ooooooone time" when you and the bike part ways, and that sucker rakes yer ass as the bike scoots beneath ya that I'm concerned about, LOL! Very happy thumb
Back to top Go down
CopaMundial

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Now THIS is sexy

http://www.trailtail.com/main.html
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Yamaha Sidebags   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, I gots me some fandagled Yamaha side bags for my R²! cheers They fit nicely, and are just the right size to pack things when I go on road trips. thumb I'm going to be adding a few things like relocate the straps a little higher on the backside of the bags so I can cinch them up just a wee bit tighter, and a strip of closed cell foam so it sits properly on the muffler. Other than that, I'm quite happy with how they are.

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0914

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0915

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0916

*hugs Red* Thanks sweetie...totally appreciate it. thumb

Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:34 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well, I gots me some fandagled Yamaha side bags for my R²! cheers They fit nicely, and are just the right size to pack things when I go on road trips. thumb I'm going to be adding a few things like relocate the straps a little higher on the backside of the bags so I can cinch them up just a wee bit tighter, and a strip of closed cell foam so it sits properly on the muffler. Other than that, I'm quite happy with how they are.

*hugs Red* Thanks sweetie...totally appreciate it. thumb

Damn... It's almost like they were made for the little bike... They're off a sled you were saying?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:31 am

Yep, at least that's what Red said. Can't remember what sled, but yeah, I wasn't going to turn that down! They go on and off the bike in a matter of 2 minutes. Just spin off the wing nuts for the seat for the seat strap, cinch down/undo the straps on the sides, and done. deal

Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0914

budah Pix are worth a thousand words but not when you don't post one of how the bags throw over the exhaust! Very happy What does the other side look like? TIA
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:51 pm

No problem, glad they can go to someone who can make them work
They do actually look almost perfect fit, it's a snowmobile Tank saddle bag
With the stock muffler you probably dont have much to worry about as long as you dont put chocolate bars in the right hand bag
If you need I can dig up some good heat shielding that you can sew on the bag

Let's see pic's of the Tattoo's
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:14 pm

I threw some of them on this morning. I'll have to take pics tomorrow because by the time I get back home it'll be too dark. Very happy As for the material I'll definitely snag some and attach it. Might as well have it ready for the new can when I end up getting it. thumb

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Ok, pics of the other side of the bike with the Red Bags. Very happy
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0922
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0923

As for those tats Red...the emblem didn't work out all that great. The Yamaha one was ok, but even it wanted to stay on the backing. dunno
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0924

Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:13 am

SheWolf wrote:
Ok, pics of the other side of the bike with the Red Bags. Very happy
Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Img_0922

Thanks. No heat problems with it?

I'm going to see a man about a custom (meaning: redneck) heat shield later this morning. If it works, I'll post pix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage   Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail Racks, Saddlebags, Tank bags & Misc. luggage
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next