Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The Official FI Mapping Area

Go down 
+122
eram310
Stigy
PrettyRicky218
Knobby
Pint
RkBoss
10fiecd
Alfred Dogman
yanbed
softjeans
Rhys54790
Jremeee
born2ride88
HiQ
soupbowl
beefcakemorris
DutchTerror
2006kj
tp110mx
Evol
JohnnyBeagle
RYDNDRT
Crazy M
RAV1980
motardmixion
LordMDP
honeybadger
rsteiger
Biglake
FTWeather
unoR
dmmcd
canyon63
StreetGhost
quillbro
oops99
rjudge
skrew
foofighter
germanwr250r
weezy
ueyteuor
sr1
rinconrider
IAmABug
Rapid Dog
SM57
BPG
sock monkey
Bikesquatch
Arkmage
Carmmond
KC0514
Drewmugx5t
00PowderSpecial
skidmarx
lesagesix
oic0
mr-cave
bfgjohno
nap
PYG RYDR
DanLap
shep
RT3856
dfrosted
AaronWhitt82
Midnite171
mcwbyu82
wrxpro
soggytire
wifarmboy
onelove
Sproat Sport
mattnadz
SoupSandwich
Mikechicago
oldirt
cuban11182
Simmo
greer
cryptomundo
Ozy
Tammy
Jomamaha
blewwrx
keith_mahoney
ramz
motokid
Matty
andy mac
shoein
Six8
mkearl
pvecchio
skierd
mwagman
jason meacham
deerHater
rpo83
Jäger
mullet2006
Don T
King Wolf
Infra
Crawdaddy
CDNSXV
INSTIGATOR
X-Racer
10Cup
canitokintax
sswrx
Broo C em
YZEtc
0007onWR
Longview
ZED
levity
PQRS...
mwakey
asheville thumper
SheWolf
126 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sproat Sport

The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:23 am

Have looked through these posts, but everyone's mods, etc. are a little different. Have had the fmf programmer set as per the manual for an FMF exhaust...which is:

3, 2, 0.5, 8, 4, 4

My mods are:

GYTR Exhaust
EXUP removed
Airbox/flapper mod/glued
AIS removed

No hesitations or bogging, but after reading Shewolf's comments about trying different settings and wishing you'd done it sooner....well now it's got me thinking.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:54 am

What is it/isn't it doing, or moreso, what do you want out of it?

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm

2 things:

1) "Snatchy" throttle....that is, it's either accelerating or decelerating....finding a steady throttle requires some serious wrist subtlety that gets very easily bumped off when on dirt. Head jerkin' from this is fun and I'm glad there's enough power for this to happen, but a whole day of it is something different.

2) A little more low-end torque would be nice. (I know this is ultimately linked to the lower cc factor...but thought I'd throw it out there anyway).

Neither of these are huge concerns, but just wondering if they can be addressed at all with the programmer settings.

Thanks Ms. Wolfie.

btw, just ordered a force rad guard....this was purely because of your reports of it.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:56 pm

The rad guard is awesome. thumb Try bumping up your second setting to 3.5, and the third to 1.5. That should take out some of that jerkiness. If you still find it not quite enuf, .5 more on the first one, and .5 more on the last. Ride it around a bit and see how it responds. The low end grunt is a bit of a pain; I just found with the settings on the programmer and gear changing (sprocket size)so it's not quite so long legged really helped out with the tractor-ability. Is that even a word? eeek Well, if not, I just made one, only here on this forum. Very happy thumb Again, try it out and see what you think. I just found that 6th gear is much more utilizable (either the 12 up front or bigger out back) and still more than enuf stink on the highway...along with being able to spank the hell out of single track rides in the lower first gears. No more of this stalling crap and you can take advantage of the rpm boost this bike loves to give. I noticed that without the programmer and just the sprocket change wasn't enuf. The programmer really helps out with the fine tuning, giving it more fuel when you want it and not bagging out. cheers

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Tried those settings, SheWolf, but then it would hesitate/gurgle when I cracked the throttle. I didn't like that, so I put the settings back to the FMF suggested "Stock Settings w/Exhaust". Then called Dobeck to see what they would say. Told him my mods (flapper, AIS, GYTR pipe) and about the "snatchy" problem and he said to leave all numbers as per "Stock Settings w/Exhaust" but bump up Yellow/Blue mode to 6. So I'll try that......that is:

3, 2, 0.5, 8, 6, 4

Will give that a run and see. ...as soon as this damn rain stops. it's almost June, but it feels like February.

Back to top Go down
nap

nap

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:07 pm

WOW! what a difference! anyone who has stock and wants something better do not hesitate! slap down the bucks and go!

13/43 gears
airbox mods
dunlop d606s 22/18 psi
knN air filter
fmf MEGA bomb header
fmf powercore4 pipe
fmf programmer
spark arrester put back IN
other things too...but as for power...

I have had the pipe for a while - awesome

Just added the programmer - KILLER! 3rd - 5th gears all seem more power. more midrange power 1st - 3rd. likes to wind up a bit better. I find myself overshooting corners a bit now (which is fun with dirt shoulders) When I get bored of the stock programmer settings, I will try some of your suggestions!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:38 pm

So, what would you say to somebody that thinks they don't need one of those?
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm

nap wrote:
WOW! what a difference! anyone who has stock and wants something better do not hesitate! slap down the bucks and go!

13/43 gears
airbox mods
dunlop d606s 22/18 psi
knN air filter
fmf MEGA bomb header
fmf powercore4 pipe
fmf programmer
spark arrester put back IN
other things too...but as for power...

I have had the pipe for a while - awesome

Just added the programmer - KILLER! 3rd - 5th gears all seem more power. more midrange power 1st - 3rd. likes to wind up a bit better. I find myself overshooting corners a bit now (which is fun with dirt shoulders) When I get bored of the stock programmer settings, I will try some of your suggestions!

Sounds like you are very happy with your mods!

Care to share your programmer settigs?

TIA
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Posting For Feed Back!

So I am not a pro at this but heres my 8 stabs in the dark:

MODS
  • -Airbox opened up (Thanks HIGHFIVE!)
    -FMF Q4
    -AIS removed
    -12 tooth front (I dont think that should matter right?)
    -KN Air filter (although I plan to replace with NoToil soon.
    -FMF Programmer

My Best Guess Settings
  • 1. Green, Amount of fuel added to Cruise: 4.5
    2. Yellow, Amount of fuel added to Accel: 4.5
    3. Red, Amount of fuel added to Full Throttle: 4.5

4. Green Blue, RPM at which Cruise starts: 6
    5. Yellow Blue, Time Accel turns on: 1
    6. Red Blue, Time Full Throttle turns on: 7.5

So my theory behind my GUESS is with all my mods I have alot leaner than stock bike, which people are sayin is lean to start.

As for 4, 5, 6. I want more performance to fuel economy.

I figured I would want criuse to start later in the rmps, but I guess that might not make sense now because you want to cruise at low rpms huh.....
I want accel to turn on right away right?
As for 6, Im not to sure what it really means.

I hope this all makes sense, looking forwar to some good feed back!

lurk
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 am

Hi just fitted an FMF PP to my 09 WRR and keen to get advice on settings.

Mods: Flapper glued down and solenoid removed. Otherwise entirely standard including exhaust.

I ride mostly offroad (fast gravel/sand as well as more tricky mud and rock). Mix of laden adventure touring and quick afternoons out. Used to ride a KTM 525 XC and know I won't get that performance but keen for a bit more oomph. Struggling to reach 100kmh at present and cruising uphill on roads is rubbish.

Altitude: based at 6500' but rides range from 3000' to 8500'.

Thanks in anticipation of any help coming!

John

Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:48 pm

No need to reply - just plugged in shewolfs original figures and WOW! pulls like a train. Wreathed in smiles - this is so much more the bike I was after. Time to play!
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:33 am

My settings: 3,5/ 4,5/ 1,5/ 8,0/ 3,5/ 4,0

FMF powerbomb
FMF powercore 4
FMF programmer
Airbox lid removed
Airbox flap removed
AIS system removed

Standard gearing 13/42

Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm

mr-cave wrote:

FMF powerbomb
FMF powercore 4
FMF programmer
Airbox lid removed
Airbox flap removed
AIS system removed

Standard gearing 13/42

Thats what I landed on with identical identical mods. Highfives suggested seemed a bit fat in the middle and a bit lean on top. Thats what seat of the pants told me anyhow. Less backfiring this way too though that's probably from more fuel cooling everything down.
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 pm

oic0 wrote:
mr-cave wrote:

FMF powerbomb
FMF powercore 4
FMF programmer
Airbox lid removed
Airbox flap removed
AIS system removed

Standard gearing 13/42

Thats what I landed on with identical identical mods. Highfives suggested seemed a bit fat in the middle and a bit lean on top. Thats what seat of the pants told me anyhow. Less backfiring this way too though that's probably from more fuel cooling everything down.

Ok.
I upped 1st and 3rd values to 4 and 2 today and have risen up the CO to 12. Feels even smoother when you let of the throttle and pulls harder from bottom.
But i did grind up the exhaust port aswell to match the gasket so i guess that may make a small diff. Not sure though..... scratch
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I did a few day long test of the difference between 3 and 0.5 for the top end. Mileage dropped and when going full throttle in first 3 scoots, 0.5 would lift the front tire if I weren't sitting my 250lbs so far forward (habit from dirt bikes). I can feel it trying to pick it up. That isn't there at the richer setting. On that note the bike doesn't seem to get as hot. I can tell mostly because when its real hot it likes to start up and immediately die if I don't give it some gas. It was around 107 today. When I have to do the highway for many miles in this heat, i'll consider richening the top a bit. Probably doesn't matter but its peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
lesagesix

lesagesix

PostSubject: '08 wr250x   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:38 am

fmf programmer
fmf PC 4
AIS removal
Flapper mod
Stock gearing
oh yeah, K&N air filter

My programmer is set to stock, any suggestions. The instructions didnt include settings for ais removal, flapper mod, and exhaust without a big bore kit.
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 am

Flapper,AIS,EXUP mods
Stock exhaust with custom(ie: homemade) endcap
fmf programmer

I'm starting with.

haven't removed the top of the airbox yet.

Quick spin in the driveway felt good.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 am

skidmarx wrote:
Flapper,AIS,EXUP mods
fmf programmer

I'm starting with.

That last number is probably too rich. Give 0.5 a try.
Back to top Go down
lesagesix

lesagesix

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 am

Anyone? look at my post ^^^^
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 am

oic0 wrote:
skidmarx wrote:
Flapper,AIS,EXUP mods
fmf programmer

I'm starting with.

I'll give it a try.

I took it for a longer ride and everything felt ok, but. I made some changes and got it working even better.
I did have a stumble every once in a while in cruse mode so I still need to make some changes to #1 and/or #3.
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

So I just got my FMF PP, the only thing I have done is removed the SA from the stock exhaust, and I'm going to do the flapper mod when I install the programmer. I haven't noticed anyones settings that are the same mod wise as me, just curious what you guys would recommend? I ride at sea level, and it's usually 10-25 degrees celcius here. I'm not worried about fuel mileage, just the fun factor!
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:25 pm

skidmarx wrote:
oic0 wrote:
skidmarx wrote:
Flapper,AIS,EXUP mods
fmf programmer

I'm starting with.

I'll give it a try.

I took it for a longer ride and everything felt ok, but. I made some changes and got it working even better.
I did have a stumble every once in a while in cruse mode so I still need to make some changes to #1 and/or #3.

Ended up switching to SheWolf's base 1.5, 2.5, 1.0, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5. I like it so far, I still get a stumble in cruse mode once in a while, but it happens less than before.

I might try dropping #1 a bit more. If the plug wasn't such a PITA to check I take a look at it and likely find my answer there.
Back to top Go down
Drewmugx5t

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:00 pm

I tried 2.5 4 0.5 8 4 4 today and it rocked, I was at 3, 5 ....same. I may go one step leaner on cruise and see how that goes. Loving the programmer.
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 am

mr-cave wrote:

FMF powerbomb
FMF powercore 4
FMF programmer
Airbox lid removed
Airbox flap removed
AIS system removed

Standard gearing 13/42

New setting: 3,5/4/1/4,5/1/1,5
CO set at 12
Grinded the exhaust port to match gasket
Spark arrester inserted (even though I felt it had higher top speed unplugged....)

So far best setting. (for me) Now if Im rolling in 1st gear and hit the throttle the front wheel will come up in the air. Didnt do that before. Only if I was using on/ off method.

Cruising in lower speeds is much better now.

4th figure was tuned in by starting the bike up in CO mode so that i could see RPM´s.
When set at 8 and slowly turning the throttle it would suddenly start revving at some point. Like there would be a gap in fuelcurve.
Tried that sometimes and lowered 4th figure more and more untill it felt good.
Now there is barely any feeling of such fuelgap in the lower rpm´s (around 1500-2500)
Dont know if it was just my bike doing that, or if you other riders can feel the same "gap"?

Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for the numbers Mr-cave.

I just plugged them in and the bike has s lot more snap to it in the lower rpm's.

Great numbers.

FMF header and Q4
Airbox door removed
Flap and ais done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official FI Mapping Area   The Official FI Mapping Area - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official FI Mapping Area
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next