Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Temperature of your morning commute

Go down 
+44
alexWR
wrrOH
rsteiger
stevep84
YZEtc
viperRT10
pbnut
dmmcd
skierd
coresports
firejosh
pantera1
HeliGuy
grw800
Fuzzy Wrench
Swagger
BlueAngel
Marylucky
Coop
dtx
xinsea
195CR
bobbytohn
IAmABug
sewerat
Yawny
oic0
k1973
Arkmage
bmwrider1946
Caan Saer
mrgeoff
kev1
GusinCA
TBird1
X-Racer
gumbycw
SheWolf
mordicai
sturgeon
Krabill
deerHater
bigg
motokid
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 am

about 6C in the morning here. problem is, once it drops below 3C, they will cover the roads with a foot of salt GAHHHH

So only a couple more weeks of riding for me before setting the puppy for its winter sleep.

why oh why does salt corrode bikes?!? cry two years of riding in the winter here and you'd be left with a useless pile of plastic and aluminium.

ah well, let the modding season begin wink
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 am

Not really a commute, but I headed off canoeing last week. Woke up one morning to -3C and lots of ice on everything due to heavy rain the night before. Packed it in a couple of days early because of very heavy rains and flood warnings. I think the warmest it got during the day was +4C.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Woke up to a very confused mother nature. It has been hovering around +2c for the past week and weekend in the mornings. Today, I go out dressed for cold only to see that it is +13c!! BEAUTY of a ride in this morning.
Back to top Go down
firejosh

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:43 pm

45 mile 50 minutr commute....pouring buckets entire ride...found out the seam in my crotch leaks about 10 minutes in...got to love Seattle. Any rain suit ideas would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:12 pm

+6c and pouring rain. Gotta love fall. We enter the "Dark Ages" time of year where it is cloudy and miserable for 5months. BOO
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

firejosh wrote:
45 mile 50 minutr commute....pouring buckets entire ride...found out the seam in my crotch leaks about 10 minutes in...got to love Seattle. Any rain suit ideas would be appreciated.

I've tried all kinds of rain gear. It all kinda sucks.

2 piece suits leak between the jacket and pants so you get cold water down your crack.

Most 1 piece suits are impossible to get on with my giant dual sport boots (alpine star scouts) so I have to remove my boots under a bridge to get the suit on.

The best rain gear I've got is my tourmaster centurion one piece suit. It happens to be water proof, but it's cloth so it breathes really well compared to PVC suits. The shoulder vents leak a little on it, but not enough to cause me grief. It's also thick enough material that I don't get welts on my chest if it starts to hail at 45mph (happened to me twice last year on my commute).
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

+10C this morning. Looks dry. High of 16. Should be nice.
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 am

What was the temperature during your morning commute today? (only report if you rode a motorcycle to work)

Weather.com said it was 38 F this morning. Which is roughly 3 C.

That's pushing my comfort limits as I don't have good cold weather riding pants. Just standard blue jeans this morning.

it's less than 10 miles to work for me....stock yamaha wr250r, full face helmet, balaclava and my skiing gloves. it's still a bit chilly but it's supposed to warm up this afternoon to the mid 50's. i can usually can make it until approx thanksgiving here before i have to park it.

[/quote][img][/img]Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 Weather
Back to top Go down
pantera1

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 am

19F (-7C). Last Friday.

Only weak area is the hands. Grip heaters would be nice at these temps.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:57 am

had to get some paperwork done for my bike yesterday, so I had to go out and ride it to the place.

we probably had the bluest sky of the year, with awesome sunshine at 8 in the morning. Had a blast. too bad it was 0 C out.

last ride of the year for me sadly.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Taken a few weeks ago, but fits the temperature for today and the last couple weeks well enough.

Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 374102_10152219628430291_328615441_n

High was around -12, low gets down to about -25 to -30. Suspect Needless to say, I haven't been riding and bought a car finally.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 am

They don't salt the roads here, but if it gets cold enough they will put sand on them which presents its own hazards.
I have been commuting most every morning that its above 30*F, bellow that I don't have gloves good enough and my ankles get cold. This morning for instance though, it was 40*F and I just didn't feel like taking time to put all the gear on, I was still sleepy, warm heated truck it is!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 am

eeek

50 degrees here this morning. Unseasonably warm. First time I've been on the X in about 2 weeks.

Nice.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am

65F this morning. High of 80F today amazon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fairly warm rides in January??   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 am

Early ret, so no commute. Rode yesterday starting temp 49F, ending temp about an hour and 28 miles later 36F (some rough/deep gravel roads and some county road pavement; speeds 20 to 60 mph).

Amazingly warm for 7,150 feet elevation in bleeping January! Was somewhat windy but not bad compared to what we usually have here.

Clothing: Olympia jacket with liner, worn out sweatshirt, t-shirt, full face helmet, regular old armored riding gloves, jeans, shoes and street socks. Tusk cheap version of "elephant ears" hand wind protectors on bike and a smallish windscreen as well. Feet/hands/legs/nose were pretty cold by the end of it but not numb or frostbitten; very fun ride in some places I haven't been in awhile - thus helping stave off cabin fever - but was glad to be home by the end of it.

Upper body inside coat/sweatshirt stayed comfortably warm - not toasty/sweaty but sure not cold.

Ordered in some thermal wear from Amazon covering head to toes. Bike is wired with EB 3CS and power outlet, but still no heated clothing... yet.

I've been trying to keep up riding a couple times a week except when things turn snowy or bitter cold. Sometimes I only make it down to the mail shed and back if it is really cold. But then, that's a 15 minute ride in sometimes ugly gravel so it can be fun, too.

Micke
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:40 pm

+7c this morning. SO NICE to be riding again. Haven't commuted since November last year. WOOT!!
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:38 pm

We had that warm spell this past weekend, up in the 60s (F) but temps dropped again. I rode in today, and it was about 28 deg F. It should get up close to 40 for the ride home, but I am really ready for the warm spring weather!!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:56 pm

I thought today was going to be the day, but it was 39* this morning. Too cold to be fun. Tomorrow though, supposed to be over 50 in the morning. Awww yeah Very happy

This year my system has been :

40-45, wear my insulated jump suit over my gear
45-50, gray area... how far am I going? lol
50-65, wear mesh jacket with wind breaker over it
65+ mesh jacket only
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 am

Just under about 48 F this morning. wings

First time in forever is seems that temps didn't dip into low 30's.

Spring is finally getting here in Delaware.

Highs to hit almost 80 this week.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 pm

High today 97° F. I can finally put away the sweaters! thumb
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm

We've gotten about a foot of fresh snow since Sunday, and a low of -22 Monday morning. budah Both records for Fairbanks btw, it's not normally like this this time of year and even people who've lived here they're whole lives are ready for it to be over. I'm beyond ready for spring at this point....
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 am

skierd wrote:
We've gotten about a foot of fresh snow since Sunday, and a low of -22 Monday morning. budah Both records for Fairbanks btw, it's not normally like this this time of year and even people who've lived here they're whole lives are ready for it to be over. I'm beyond ready for spring at this point....

I hate to tell you this, but last night I walked my dog in shorts, a t-shirt, and barefoot. wings
We slept with the windows open and ceiling fan on. cheers

My 5:00am ride into work was a refreshing 60 degrees. Peace YAM

edit: I forgot to add that this is unseasonably warm for this time of year around here. We'll return to regular April weather in about 36-48 hours. High's barely reaching 60 and rain in the forecast. budah

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 am

33F degrees and frost this morning. budah

Brrrr.... and WTF????????

It's late April. I've been cutting grass and some people in our area were running A/C two weeks ago.

dddog

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:26 am

Calendar says May today, but it sure felt more like March.

41 F on the ride in. budah

Ride home should be much nicer. Supposed to get to almost 70 F. cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:22 am

45 degrees this morning.

A little nippy for mid-September.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temperature of your morning commute
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next