Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Temperature of your morning commute

Go down 
+44
alexWR
wrrOH
rsteiger
stevep84
YZEtc
viperRT10
pbnut
dmmcd
skierd
coresports
firejosh
pantera1
HeliGuy
grw800
Fuzzy Wrench
Swagger
BlueAngel
Marylucky
Coop
dtx
xinsea
195CR
bobbytohn
IAmABug
sewerat
Yawny
oic0
k1973
Arkmage
bmwrider1946
Caan Saer
mrgeoff
kev1
GusinCA
TBird1
X-Racer
gumbycw
SheWolf
mordicai
sturgeon
Krabill
deerHater
bigg
motokid
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Arkmage

Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

That's an option. I was thinking about getting some of the Klim Inversion gloves and a set of liners. Standard winter gloves barely fit between the bark buster and the inside flange of the grip. Makes it uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am

Arkmage wrote:
That's an option. I was thinking about getting some of the Klim Inversion gloves and a set of liners. Standard winter gloves barely fit between the bark buster and the inside flange of the grip. Makes it uncomfortable.

I'm using Klim Powerxross, oversized for me, and Powerlet liners. Took me an hour or so to get used to the extra bulk, but man, that extra room at the ends of my fingers keeps 'em toasty thumb

I've got HDB guards, no issues for me with fitting behind those.
Back to top Go down
k1973

k1973

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:26 pm

45F at 6am this morning. I was quite comfy in my Olympia jacket and Firstgear overpants.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 am

52 F - can't complain about that at all considering it's mid-November.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:11 pm

0.4C this morning (about 32.5 F)

Pretty damn cold let me tell you. Biggest problem really is that the visor freezes shut and I have trouble opening it at the traffic lights. Meaning I don't see anything except some red blobs of light of the car in front of me!

Freezing temperatures plus dense fog are a great way of starting uni thumb

But really the visor problem is quite annoying. Frost forms on the outside as well so that everything seems deformed. If it was cold dry it wouldn't be so bad but the fog sucks.

I need to get me a heated visor Very happy Very happy
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm

70*F this morning. Last week it was 38*F lol. Louisiana.... nuff said.

On cold days, I have a knitted beanie that I split the top open on, I pull it down to cover my neck. Put on some leather gloves, wear my rain jacket over my normal jacket (awesome wind breaker), and wear a pair of sleeping pants under my normal ones. By sleeping pants, I mean those ones that are never supposed to be worn out of the house. Mine have iron man pictures all over em and a draw string at the top. Fuzzy and warm Very happy Though they make your butt sweat without you noticing it during the work day so ideally I "should" take them off and put em in my backpack first thing.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am

52 F - unusually warm for the last Monday in November.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Yawny

Yawny

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:13 pm

I rode to work today it was -2C or 28 F. I don't have any heated grips so I have to say the fingers are the biggest challenge. I'm sure the handguards would help keep the wind off the fingers as well, I'll order some soon.
Tomorrow is supposed to be freezing rain, ice pellets and up to 15cm of snow. That may just end the road riding for me, I don't want to ride in salty slush. I may hit the trails yet but I'm still on the stock Bridgestones so the psi will be way down!

Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Tonight on the way in it was 3'C at about 4:30. With just a light dusting of snow on the ground in spots. When I am dine work at 3:15am it is supposed to be -3'C. Should be a nice ride home.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 am

30 F (-1 C) this morning.

Not doing that again for a while.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr........I need over-pants. My knees started to hurt pretty quickly.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:46 pm

28*F this a.m. The windscreen and the Moose foam handguards do an amazing job- I haven't pulled out the electric clothing yet. I did wear my rainsuit pants as overpants, though. It was all I needed for the short commute.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:31 am

February 1st - temperature 50 degrees eeek

Yeah I rode today. Very happy

Got sprinkled on just a bit, but the rain is supposed to pass and be clear and 60 for the ride home.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:35 am

Feb 15th : 38 degrees F ( or 3 C )

Not too bad.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 am

41 degrees today.

Not bad for February.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Just want to say that I am jealous...I have snow, I can deal with cold, but not snow. I may go cry now
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:55 pm

IAmABug wrote:
Just want to say that I am jealous...I have snow, I can deal with cold, but not snow. I may go cry now

You should move to Ontario , we've got none. dunno
Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:26 pm

25F this morning.....had to ride with my left hand on the trottle and might right hand in the exhaust for couple mins to let it thaw....haha
Back to top Go down
195CR

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Rode last week to work it was 27 degrees in the morning in central Kentucky but it did warm up in the 50's on the way home. Shoei MX helmet, Alpinestars gloves, Carhartt carpenter pants and a Carhartt jacket. The said I was crazy for doing it. I made a Gopro video on the way home but new to the site and not for sure how to post it. Did I mention that I work at a bourbon distillery, that might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 am

28 F this morning. That's about my limit I think.

M/X helmet and goggles. Balaclava still leaves a few regions of cheekbones exposed just below goggles. Cold starts to bite there pretty quickly.

No heated grips and no heated vests or anything here.

Blue jeans. My knees are definitely the weakest link in weather like this. Biting, stinging cold settles in pretty fast with just blue jeans.

Good thing my commute is a little less than 10 miles. I was much more willing to ride the posted speed limit thanks to the cold. Shog

However, the ride home should be about 50 today. cheers

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:37 am

41 F this morning - much easier to deal with although right at the end my knees were starting to feel the sting.

Hell of a lot better than yesterday though.

If you're questioning your own intelligence before you've even left the neighborhood, it's probably not going to be a fun ride.

This morning I was thinking "it's much warmer today". Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
195CR

PostSubject: Temperature of morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

It was much warmer today which made the choice to ride to work alot easier. When I left work I saw the price of fuel went from $3.35 to $3.75, WTF dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:38 am

46 F this morning. Trending up. thumb

Think it's coming to an end though. Rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow, but that can all change.

Quite awesome for February.

And one week from today is March 1st. wings wings wings

Hold on peoples....spring is coming.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 am

Its already slid up to 65 here this morning. This is going to be a good day :) except for the 35mph wind gusts....
Back to top Go down
xinsea

xinsea

PostSubject: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:02 am

My 6 a.m. commute is 27 miles freeway @ 65mph and 1 mile surface streets @ 40(ish). If I can get up earlier I can stay off the freeway, but its still 28 miles. If its over 33 F and mostly dry, I'll ride in as much as I can.
That said, I layer like crazy.

wool socks
waterproof boots ( red-wings or axo touring boots)
long undie bottoms under jeans under waterproof textile riding pants
long sleeved thermal shirt under t-shirt under 2 hooded sweatshirs under a textile insulated waterproof riding jacket
thick leather gloves
full face helmet with baklava and a scarf

black ice is my biggest fear now, since eating it a couple weeks ago.
I'm thinking of nailing an empty coors can to my gate, if the mountains are blue, taking the cage.

Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am

-4c this morning. No frost, dry streets. I only have to go 9kms(5m) so I get cold as I am parking.

Love the can idea

Last edited by IAmABug on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperature of your morning commute   Temperature of your morning commute - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temperature of your morning commute
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next