Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design

Go down 
+19
S.Myrr
Lupin 3rd
424LIFE
Thethirteenthone
jswr450
CDTSTR
PYG RYDR
DPete
sophijo
Gregarious
Belt Mountain
hyperboarder
FF176
sturgeon
4play
ezrdr55
Old Rider
bluzharp
Jnscaggs
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rox Straps   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:00 am

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=rok+straps&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3482403429&ref=pd_sl_7550agw133_b
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

PYG RYDR wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=rok+straps&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3482403429&ref=pd_sl_7550agw133_b
Thanks ordered 2 sizes
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: The New SLIM Rack!   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:45 am

I just finished the first batch of new Slim racks, I changed the design quite a bit and I like it a lot more than my old design. Hopefully you guys will like it too! I haven't taken any to be anodized yet, but plan on taking them for a Black anodizing monday. If anybody would like one without anodizing let me know, I can set one aside.

This rack is setup for easy Rotopax mounting just like my previous version. $110 + S&H will get it to your front door.

I also am getting ready to roll out a kit that mounts these same racks, both sizes on the new CRF250L so if any of you guys have honda buddies, put in a good word for me please!

Thanks for looking!
Jared

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 411
I'll post a new picture of a black one as soon as I get them back, I am having some big Racks done in black as well.
Back to top Go down
CDTSTR

PostSubject: Question   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:19 am

Hi Jared,
I really like your design for a rack but I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with. Would you be able to provide the width of each design? That way I can take a measurement on my bike and see which one would work for me.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 am

No problem, the Slim Rack is 9" wide, the Big Rack is 11.313" wide.
Back to top Go down
CDTSTR

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:20 am

Great! Thanks for the sizes. I will go and measure up what will work. I will get back to you soon.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Sounds good, just send me an email at JNSCAGGS@gmail.com to order. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Back to top Go down
CDTSTR

PostSubject: New rack   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 6:22 pm

I went and picked up my new rack care of Jared. Put it on the bike and it fits perfectly. Thank you very much Jared!!  thumb 
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Works awesome with a medium rollie as a tool bag

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 Photo-24
Back to top Go down
jswr450

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Just bought a big rack from Jared. Can't wait to put it on. I've been needing one for a while. Jared is really quick on getting back to you. I was surprised, especially for a weekend morning.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:08 am

Just got my rack put on tonight, honestly took more time to get the rear fender off and on then the install. Jared was nice enough to answer all of my emailed questions quickly, and puts out a great looking, high quality item. The instructions were great, and overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Oh, and 4play, hope you don't mind, but I really dug the look of the medium rollie bag so I picked one of those up, thanks for the great idea!
-bryan
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 am

Thanks for the good review Bryan.

I edited the first post so that it would be accurate, but now have my website up and running finally!  There you can see my different rack choices for not only the WR and colors available, and purchase directly!

Check it out and let me know if I am missing anything, besides pictures of the Big Rack in black, should be getting some shot soon!

www.scaggsmotodesigns.com

I noticed this thread was missing some pictures of the new Slim Racks since I've had them anodized. I changed the design quite a bit from the original slim and I like it a lot better.

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 <a href=Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 New_sl10" />Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 <a href=Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 111" />
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Givi Monokey Lug Kits now available    Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey Fellas, I finally have found a source for the Givi Monokey Top Case mounting kits.

They are available on my website under the Big Racks.

www.ScaggsMotoDesigns.com

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
424LIFE

424LIFE

PostSubject: New rack installed   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:00 am

Thanks again Jared. That was super fast shipping and that rack is truly ART!. Such a clean install due to great engineering. Another satisfied customer.

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 Bike_r13

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 Bike_r14
Back to top Go down
Lupin 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 am

Hi just FYI, I placed an order through your website via Paypal but there wasn't an option to insert a coupon or any other code. After clicking on the "Add to cart" button, it took me to a new page where I read "You can apply gift certificates, rewards, or other discounts later." but then it just goes to paypal and the only option I have is "pay now".
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 am

Don't think you need a code. I just ordered another small rack from the site and the price was the same as he is quoting here. $110 plus $10 shipping. I used Paypal.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 am

Hey Guys, thanks for your orders, I appreciate the business. I don't recall offering any coupons, but for as long as I have been selling these racks I have always given you guys a break on the price when ordering direct compared to the eBay price.

I.e. eBay price for slim rack on eBay $120 +  calculated Shipping   (Helps cover Listing Fee, Final Valuation fee of 10%, PayPal 2% Per Trans.)

Directly off my website... $110 + calculated shipping (no fees except PayPal 2% per transaction)

So, I am basically getting the same money for them either way, but when you buy direct from me you keep $10 instead of giving it to eBay.

I like to see everybody getting the best deal possible by purchasing directly from me.

Also, I am working on a rack for the 09+ Kawasaki KLX250S/sm. Also, bought a Suzuki DRZ400sm (same as KLX400r) yesterday so I'll have probably a large and small version available for both those models in the next 1-2 months. Tell your buddies Please!

Thanks Guys!

Jared

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:00 pm

I like your designs - very nice! I just ordered the slim rack... how much does it weigh?
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you, I'm sure you'll love it!

The shipped Slim Rack kit, box and all weighs 1lb 10oz . Minus box and packaging, I think its right about 1 lb.

The Big Rack kit, box and all weighs 2 lb 5 oz, so about 1 lb 11 oz minus box and packaging
Back to top Go down
Lupin 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Old Rider wrote:
Don't think you need a code. I just ordered another small rack from the site and the price was the same as he is quoting here. $110 plus $10 shipping. I used Paypal.

Jnscaggs wrote:
Hey Guys, thanks for your orders, I appreciate the business. I don't recall offering any coupons, but for as long as I have been selling these racks I have always given you guys a break on the price when ordering direct compared to the eBay price.

Thanks for the clarification guys, the "You can apply gift certificates..." text had me confused.
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:30 pm

1 lb is not bad at all - TY!
Back to top Go down
Lupin 3rd

PostSubject: Got mine yesterday and installed it.   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:51 am

Installing was so easy and straightforward that for how clear the installation instructions are, they are also pretty much redundant.

Instead of bothering with drilling I just heated up the spacers with my blowtorch and used them to melt holes in the plastic.

And it worked out pretty well.

Four bolts to undo (one is hidden by the wires), that can be removed all at once since there's two more holding the tail light bracket in place.

The two bolts that held the tail section in place should be at least finger tight before bolting in the rack, or they might be out of alignment.

I like to put some grease around the base of counter sunk bolts to help keep dirt & water out. Anti-seize paste would have been better between steel and aluminium, but I was out.

Mounting bolts seem longer than necessary, I'm not sure of the reason for this.

Nice! And there's enough space to put an extra LED tail light in there if I want.

All done and with a spare tank bag I had sitting around: should be good enough for spare tubes and a pump.

Thumbs up to Jared for a great product!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write that up with all the pictures as well!

I wanted to let you guys know that I should be able to take International orders now directly from my website, as well as offer calculated shipping for all locations domestic and INT'L. I have changed the way I accept payments now, but still use PayPal to process the payment. I'm just using a new shopping cart program to make my life easier, and make sure every one is getting a fair deal on shipping.

Thanks guys for your ongoing support!

Almost forgot, I am now an official RotoPax dealer and am offering some of there great products that work well with my racks for sale on my website. All rotopax products ship directly from their facility in Utah, so if you purchase with the combination of a rack, they'd be arriving at different times from different carriers. (FedEx for Rotopax, USPS for my Racks).
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 am

I thought I had seen somewhere on this Thread a picture of a spare fuel tank on the Scaggs luggage rack. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm thinking about adding the Scaggs large rack, with the Fuel caddy (square fuel caddy) and then a luggage bag on top of the guel caddy.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:32 pm

If you were to go to my website, scaggsmotodesigns.com you will see pictures of the WR with a 1 gallon Rotopax fuel container setup.

Both the racks and Rotopax products are available for purchase there as well.

Thanks, let me know if you have any other questions!

Jared Scaggs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next