Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?

Go down 
+12
joenuclear
Corkonian
No~One
taoshum
BigBird
andy mac
chofilena
Krabill
highsierrabear
Bob
mwakey
Machtig
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
chofilena

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 am

BigBird wrote:
The Dyna Ring is NOT available for the WR250R.

I repeat THE ONLY REVLOC AVAAILABLE FOR THE WR250R IS THE STANDARD VERSION THAT LISTS FOR $895 INCLUDING THE $300 CORE CHARGE.
Ok thanks scratch Wow! thats expesive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 12:19 pm

BigBird wrote:

I repeat THE ONLY REVLOC AVAAILABLE FOR THE WR250R IS THE STANDARD VERSION THAT LISTS FOR $895 INCLUDING THE $300 CORE CHARGE.

Hey, Bird.

You covered this before, but I misunderstood one other post so others may have, too. To restate: I think the price is $895 before the core charge... which would be a total expenditure of $595 after the core return/$300 core refund. Correct?

I think a lot more people like me would consider a total outlay of $600, but probably not $900. Just tryin' to help Revloc sales here a bit by clarifyin' the "Bistro Math"... Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 93746

Thanks,

Artoo
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Artoo wrote:
BigBird wrote:

Hey, Bird.

You covered this before, but I misunderstood one other post so others may have, too. To restate: I think the price is $895 before the core charge... which would be a total expenditure of $595 after the core return/$300 core refund. Correct?

I think a lot more people like me would consider a total outlay of $600, but probably not $900. Just tryin' to help Revloc sales here a bit by clarifyin' the "Bistro Math"... Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 93746

Thanks,

Artoo

Talked with Alan in revloc and he told me dyna ring will be out in the market 3 weeks from now and the revloc LT 3 months after. Asked for weight details for shipping cost, Dyna ring is 2lbs, revloc LT 4 lbs and standard
revloc 10 lbs.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:56 pm

BigBird wrote:
First the ONLY Revloc clutch available for the WR250R is the Standard Revloc that lists for $895 of which $300 can be recovered once you send in your old parts. In other words $300 of the $895 is a core charge.

The Magura LHRB kit is and aditional $235.

He chaged me $10 Shipping and handeling.

The clutch appears to be excellent and from what I've read - totally bullet proof!

The brake works fine but the installation requires MAJOR grinding of the housing for the OEM light switch and lesser grinding of the adjuster knob on the Magura master cylinder to just BARELY fit. You then have to cut the mirror part off of the OEM clutch bracket to used it (or get another mirror).

I haven't used the LHRB enough to make a judgement on its "value" I think it is mainly important in slick down hills or tight woods. I got it to match the similar set up I have on my KTM - so I'd just have one system for both dirt bikes.

You should probably go with the clutch first and can add the brake later. By then there may be another master cylinder that doesn't have the interference problem.

I bought direct from Revloc. Alan is the man and is VERY helpful and knowledgable.

Would be nice if you could post a picture on what you have done with the light switch housing and the adjuster knob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: WRR/X Revloc Users: Still liking the clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:23 pm

edit; removing some fluff.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:14 pm

My Revlock has been totally reliable for ~ 1,000 HARD miles. This model is totally bulletproff and requieres NO adjustment of special maintenace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm

looks like revloc is gone now. taking out some verbosity.

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:46 am

It is fine on the street but not really an advantage (except maybe when doing slow speed manuvers like U turns, etc. where it makes slipping the clutch easier). Where it is a significant advantage is in the slow tight stuff where you can just forget about stalling or shifting and on hard rough climbs where you can just stick it in 2nd and pretend it's an automatic transmission.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:47 am

[quote="BigBird"]It is fine on the street but not really an advantage (except maybe when doing slow speed manuvers like U turns, etc. where it makes slipping the clutch easier). Where it is a significant advantage is in the slow tight stuff where you can just forget about stalling or shifting and on hard rough climbs where you can just stick it in 2nd and pretend it's an automatic transmission.[/quote

I'm waiting for the LT, revloc said it will be out before christmas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:06 pm

del

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:07 pm

del

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:08 am

BigFeet wrote:
BigBird wrote:
It is fine on the street but not really an advantage (except maybe when doing slow speed manuvers like U turns, etc. where it makes slipping the clutch easier). Where it is a significant advantage is in the slow tight stuff where you can just forget about stalling or shifting and on hard rough climbs where you can just stick it in 2nd and pretend it's an automatic transmission.

BigBird,

Thanks very much for the info! Sounds like "da' bomb"!

BigFeet
The revloc LT comes with the left hand brake levers. Which means you can control your rear brakes with your feet or your hands, like riding a BMX bike. Have not tried it yet, but I'm sure to get one for my x'mas gift to myself. Hope its available by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Original Revloc clutch ordered..   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:09 pm

del

Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

'bout how much do they cost?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:06 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:34 pm

That's awesome, I'd totally buy one of these, (would be a big help on those lame steep hills in Seattle and a few other places) the misses isn't exactly good at the whole shift thing.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:29 pm

BigFeet wrote:
I spoke with Alan today. Super nice guy and very informative just as others have said.

Alan said that they are once again testing the DynaRing clutch on a couple of WRR's. They aren't selling those widespread yet for the WRR's until they have some more miles on them to prove them out.

It sounds like the newest version of the DynaRing (currently being tested) is working well so far..

I went ahead and ordered the Original Revloc clutch version. Sounds like it will ship in about a week! Very happy

I'll return my basket and other parts after that for the core charge refund. So the outlay is $895 now with $300 coming back to me after I get the core parts back to Alan.

I coulda' obtained a small discount going through another good company who operates as a dealer for Revloc, but Alan said the core charge is simpler this way. He said he'd give me free shipping on it. Much appreciated! thumb

BigFe

When you get it installed. Please update us, details on performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 pm

BigFeet wrote:
"When you get it installed. Please update us, details on performance."

Chofilena,

Count on it!

-feet
cheers
Back to top Go down
Corkonian

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:49 am

They seem like a good company to deal with - I emailed them a few times on the progress with the Dyna ring and they're good to reply.
How many companies bother to let customers know how a product in development is getting on thumb
Looking forward to getting my hands on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:29 pm

del

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Alan must have shipped EXACTLY when he said he would! Received this today... goin' out to the dungeon to install it now..

BigFeet

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 Revloc10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Revloc installed. Works great!   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 pm

del

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:06 pm

BigFeet wrote:
The only PITA: Winding that add on spring onto the lower end of the clutch cable. My hands are too big to fit into that area.

Otherwise, easy installation and the gap or lash or whatever ya' call it was set perfectly at .045".

I had no idea it would be this much fun! Very happy Too cool.

My seat is on the way to CA to be refitted by Seat Concepts. So there I was tonight ridin' all over my yard like 'joe trials rider' doin' burnouts in the garage and wheelies over stuff.

Anyway, hats off to Alan! He shipped EXACTLY when he predicted and it was an easy bolt on.

TIP: Like others, I was able to get the clutch cover gasket off in one piece. Sort of. It left behind a fair amount of gasket at each bolt hole. I could have glued it, but had ordered in 3 extra gaskets ahead of time. They're cheap. So the tip is: Get some gaskets or glue it. You decide.

Only concern: I'm probably gonna be ridin' places I shouldn't be! Well, I've got armor to protect the artificial parts, etc...

BigFeet
Larry S.

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 pm

chofilena wrote:
BigFeet wrote:
The only PITA: Winding that add on spring onto the lower end of the clutch cable. My hands are too big to fit into that area.

Otherwise, easy installation and the gap or lash or whatever ya' call it was set perfectly at .045".

I had no idea it would be this much fun! Very happy Too cool.

My seat is on the way to CA to be refitted by Seat Concepts. So there I was tonight ridin' all over my yard like 'joe trials rider' doin' burnouts in the garage and wheelies over stuff.

Anyway, hats off to Alan! He shipped EXACTLY when he predicted and it was an easy bolt on.

TIP: Like others, I was able to get the clutch cover gasket off in one piece. Sort of. It left behind a fair amount of gasket at each bolt hole. I could have glued it, but had ordered in 3 extra gaskets ahead of time. They're cheap. So the tip is: Get some gaskets or glue it. You decide.

Only concern: I'm probably gonna be ridin' places I shouldn't be! Well, I've got armor to protect the artificial parts, etc...

BigFeet
Larry S.

cheers So how do you find it? Does it give the same power when you pop the throttle. Will you also be installing the left hand rear brakes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next