Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?

Go down 
+12
joenuclear
Corkonian
No~One
taoshum
BigBird
andy mac
chofilena
Krabill
highsierrabear
Bob
mwakey
Machtig
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 pm

[quote="BigFeet"]
chofilena wrote:
chofilena wrote:
BigFeet wrote:
The only PITA: Winding that add on spring onto the lower end of the clutch cable. My hands are too big to fit into that area.

Otherwise, easy installation and the gap or lash or whatever ya' call it was set perfectly at .045".

I had no idea it would be this much fun! Very happy Too cool.

My seat is on the way to CA to be refitted by Seat Concepts. So there I was tonight ridin' all over my yard like 'joe trials rider' doin' burnouts in the garage and wheelies over stuff.

Anyway, hats off to Alan! He shipped EXACTLY when he predicted and it was an easy bolt on.

TIP: Like others, I was able to get the clutch cover gasket off in one piece. Sort of. It left behind a fair amount of gasket at each bolt hole. I could have glued it, but had ordered in 3 extra gaskets ahead of time. They're cheap. So the tip is: Get some gaskets or glue it. You decide.

Only concern: I'm probably gonna be ridin' places I shouldn't be! Well, I've got armor to protect the artificial parts, etc...

BigFeet
Larry S.

cheers So how do you find it? Does it give the same power when you pop the throttle. Will you also be installing the left hand rear brakes?

I think for most people like me who only have "average" clutch skills, it'll take off a lot harder now with the auto clutch. Maybe for an expert/racer type who has excellent clutch control and who has the skills to launch consistently aggressive every time, that wouldn't be the case. Now I get the right amount of clutch for whatever throttle I throw down. So my first impression of power is this: Outta' the hole, it feels like a lot more.

I was doing burnouts in my garage and poppin' wheelies in the yard over stuff. So it's kinda' turned me into an animal for the moment. Hopin' that'll settle down fairly soon!

I haven't adjusted the clutch cable a lot yet. As it's set right now, it appears the clutch handle will **NOT** override whatever the Revloc is doing. Period. But I'll try some other adjustments before giving up on that.

In a nutshell, I think the clutch cable's ability to override will be not so much, SO: I will probably pitch the clutch lever and therefore will be installing a left hand brake. I might look at Rekluse or EFM or something... see if their left brake setup can be installed without all the heavy grinding needed that we've read about here.

If I find a good easy fit on some other brand of the L hand brake, I'll post up info here.

Larry

[/quote
Thanks for all the info Larry. Sounds like your really enjoying it a lot and making me want to buy it now. But I'm still waiting for the the dyna ring to come out and choose which one to get. I'm only waiting for that because its a lot cheaper and the clutch can override the system... i think. If your looking for left hand brakes. Check out hel brakes and galfer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:16 pm

del

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm

BigFeet wrote:
Chofilena,

Sounds like you have a good plan! FWIW, Alan really hopes to make the dynaring the mainstay for this bike like most others.

Thanks for the info on HEL and Galfer. I'll take a look...

Larry

Please give us updates and feedbacks. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:39 am

del

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:21 am

BigFeet wrote:
I took it out for a few more miles today "trials bike" style since the seat is on it's way to California. The autoclutch is sick fun! Very happy

Pulled the forks and shock later on today and boxed that up. It's going to Go Race (Travis) in Virginia to get the suspension built to the hilt.

More later...

Larry

Cool! Wish i could afford to have my suspension set up by go race. Wanted to send it there, but shipping from my country is to much. Instead i bought the valves from moto pro and installed it with my mechanic. Got the springs for my weight and it made the bike handled really nice made me more confident. Glad your enjoying the auto clutch, that means ill be enjoying it soon. Please keep on sending info, would like to know more on the disadvantage without having the clutch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm

del

Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:41 am

BigFeet wrote:
chofilena wrote:
BigFeet wrote:
I took it out for a few more miles today "trials bike" style since the seat is on it's way to California. The autoclutch is sick fun! Very happy

Pulled the forks and shock later on today and boxed that up. It's going to Go Race (Travis) in Virginia to get the suspension built to the hilt.

More later...

Larry

Cool! Wish i could afford to have my suspension set up by go race. Wanted to send it there, but shipping from my country is to much. Instead i bought the valves from moto pro and installed it with my mechanic. Got the springs for my weight and it made the bike handled really nice made me more confident. Glad your enjoying the auto clutch, that means ill be enjoying it soon. Please keep on sending info, would like to know more on the disadvantage without having the clutch.

I'll definitely provide more input once I have the bike back together. I really think that the value of the autoclutch is on a sliding scale like this:

Someone with excellent clutch control may not gain much more than convenience. Someone with average clutch control like me might gain quite a bit more. Again, that opinion is subject to change over time after I've lived with it awhile.

I hope you'll post back with your impressions once you get a dynaring installed. 'Sposed to be a really good product and I hope the testing of the newest version proves out well. I'm guessing it will. It sounded to me like Alan had found the solution he was looking for.

Will do the same so others will know. I'll call Alan this week and ask for updates. He promised it will be out before christmas, so i could buy my christmas gift for myself. Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Revloc Left Hand Rear Brake ordered   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:39 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Metal grinding - LHRB   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:48 pm

If I have to cut some metal for the left hand rear brake, rest assured I'll post up pics before I do the black touch up paint.

For whatever that's worth! poser2
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:16 pm

BigFeet wrote:
Previously, an inmate said that the Revloc LHRB took a huge amount of grinding to get it to fit the over/around the light switch on his WRR.

Having looked around, I called Alan at Revloc. He said some of the fitment problem may have been if the guy with the WRR didn't ask for a master cylinder with a mirror boss built in. In other words, he would need an added component on the bars for the mirror mount and that takes up space.

Next, since I have Pro Taper Henry/Reed bend bars and they are NOT cut down, they are a couple inches wider than stock if memory serves.

All of this caused Alan to be fairly confident that the Magura with mirror mount (a not all that common model, but available to those who know the Magura catalogue and Alan does) would fit ok.

Alan will be looking into brake line length (full length to the caliper as I no longer want the rear brake pedal or stock rear MC on the bike) for me with the above stated bars and 1.3" riser blocks I'm using. I just emailed him 2 pics of the peculiar? type of 45 degree banjo fitting on our bikes just to be sure; I think my description on the telly was a bit vague.

Larry S.

I'm the original LHRB customer that did the grinding. Getting a Magura clutch lever with a mirror mount is a good thing in that it solves ther mirror mounting problem BUT it won't help on the lever/switch interference that requires the grinding.

Each to his own, but I would never consider removing/deactivating the rear brake pedal. There are times when it is the BEST option for brakeing (because you want all 5 fingers on the grip, when snaking through tight trees or riding over rough rocks, etc.) and it is ingrained in me after 50+ years to use the foot brake in an emergency. I just don't see any advantage in giving up the foot brake option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:16 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

BigFeet wrote:
I'm a one bike rider, so I'm hoping I'll get it down fairly quickly. But I've never made rad mods like pitching the clutch lever and installing a LHRB before so I really don't know. I'm gonna have to try to really think about it at first. Preferably not in heavy traffic!

Goin' for the clutch out of habit and blasting the rear brake instead could be VERY bad out here on hwy 160 where everyone tailgates even if you're doin' 20 mph over the limit actual... and few places to pull over safely due to heavy gravel on the shoulders (several problems there and I try NOT to tilt at windmills any more).

Anyway, I still agree with BigBird on this and I'm trying it as a hopeful experiment only for a while.

L
JUst talked with Allan. He said his still not convinced with the dyna ring and not giving up. Ill give him till december if not I'd go for the more$$$ revloc, he claims that he had perfected it.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

I've got the Revloc on my XRR with a LHRB only. There IS a learning curve. The best way to build the needed muscle memory is to go between 2 bikes several times a day. I went from my XRR to my Goldwing. Occasionally hitting the rear brake while you're learning isn't a big deal on the dirt or a loose surface. It doesn't take long to figure it out but I find myself using the WRR clutch for a brake once or twice a day. budah

As far as riding with a LHRB goes, I love the extra movement on the pegs this allows! If I get into deep ruts I can get my toes on the pegs and crowd the right side knowing there is no pedal to drag or hang up on. However the Best is the amount of feel you have in your hand compared to a heavily booted foot.

On loose downhills I can bring the rear tire to it's limits w/o locking it up much easier than with a pedal. thumb Just like you can with the front. Very happy

I'm waiting on the Dyna-Ring but if it fails to appear I'll spring for the more expensive version in the spring. On second thought I may wait until I see a used one. I bought a new and a used one for 2 different XRR's and they are bullet proof. If all the parts are there the used one will work just as well as a new one.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 am

joenuclear wrote:
I've got the Revloc on my XRR with a LHRB only. There IS a learning curve. The best way to build the needed muscle memory is to go between 2 bikes several times a day. I went from my XRR to my Goldwing. Occasionally hitting the rear brake while you're learning isn't a big deal on the dirt or a loose surface. It doesn't take long to figure it out but I find myself using the WRR clutch for a brake once or twice a day. budah

As far as riding with a LHRB goes, I love the extra movement on the pegs this allows! If I get into deep ruts I can get my toes on the pegs and crowd the right side knowing there is no pedal to drag or hang up on. However the Best is the amount of feel you have in your hand compared to a heavily booted foot.

On loose downhills I can bring the rear tire to it's limits w/o locking it up much easier than with a pedal. thumb Just like you can with the front. Very happy

I'm waiting on the Dyna-Ring but if it fails to appear I'll spring for the more expensive version in the spring. On second thought I may wait until I see a used one. I bought a new and a used one for 2 different XRR's and they are bullet proof. If all the parts are there the used one will work just as well as a new one.

Great advice about but the LHRB and so true. After years of riding with a clutch, for sure you will look for it. Same thing as driving a stick shift car and all of a sudden you transfer to driving a matic. Surely you would kiss the windshield once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:24 pm

this is the setup me and my bro came up with. its a mountain bike hydraulic setup. small and compact. once you have the auto clutch installed the actual clutch pull is amost effortless. we both have rekluse autos in our ktms.. would love to try out a dyna ring though

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 8e26b30a

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 A0b8ecc4
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm

anybody wanna help me try to get the Dyna Ring made for the WRR/X please send email to them showing your interest in the product

info@revloc.com

freaky
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 pm

little squirt wrote:
this is the setup me and my bro came up with. its a mountain bike hydraulic setup. small and compact. once you have the auto clutch installed the actual clutch pull is amost effortless. we both have rekluse autos in our ktms.. would love to try out a dyna ring though

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 8e26b30a

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 A0b8ecc4

Which MTB setup is that? Where would I find the parts?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 am

we got em off ebay for like $20. just search for hydraulic brakes for mountain bikes. we had a hose made at a local shop with the correct size banjo end to mount up the MTB master cyl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 am

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 am

Hey Feet, can u pm me your number?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:58 am

done

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 am

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 pm

del

Last edited by LightFoot on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next