Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
IdahoRenegade

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

Still waiting for the ice to melt off my road. I finished up some detals on the IMS 4.7 install today and mounted the PMB rack. Hope to ride next week.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm

I just received my Spiral StepDown seat today. Just a heads up, My stock seat hardware was too short. So I hit the local hardware store and picked up some longer ones. I bought four 6mm X 20mm allen head bolt. They matche the #5 allen wrench that I use to take off my plastics. I only needed three. The third one goes to my air box door. <--- It was a Phillips head. Now all I need is one tool for the seat, plastics and the air box. I noticed that the StepDown seat weighs a lot less. I didn't have a scale for the exact weight, but it feels like half the weight of the stock seat. I just sent my camera off to be cleaned so no photos today. Maybe later this week.
I'll test it out tomorrow and give ya my 2 cents.
Cheers !
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

StreetGhost wrote:

I'll test it out tomorrow and give ya my 2 cents.
Cheers !

Perhaps you'll have a different opinion than me. <-- clicky eeek

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 pm

This was technically Sunday and Today. I went back to the stock exhaust. I also added a resistor in the EXUP servo plug to kill the check engine light (CEL). No more CEL and much quieter. Most guys think I am crazy for going back to stock but I like quiet bikes. One of the exhaust shield bolts were missing so I just threw one on for now until I either get the correct one or buy two more like the one I used so they are all the same.

From this:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 FMFPC4

To this:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-5
Back to top Go down
2Stamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Changed my front and rear sprocket (to a 48) and replaced the chain. just need to set the chain tension and ride it this weekend .
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428326_10150662088888114_660908113_9055961_1222644815_n.jpg

Bought a new chain to go with my blue "theme" that im working on.
Will post more pics as soon as the parts from US show up........ baldy

Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:29 am

Today was my winter maintenance day. Removed the swing arm, cleaned and greased all bearings put on a new chain, sprockets, chain guards, both swing arm and rear one and also replaced the roller on the bottom.

Upon inspection I found that my chain had been chewing into my swing arm as I had expected. The PO had put a chain on at some time but didn't look like he took good care of it as it had some tight links on it and I could actually see the top edge of the chain looking like it was sharpened. So tommorow it's back into wiring some more goodies, the gps and aux lights.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 A69e3450

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 93182abf
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I installed Symtec grip heaters and some new grips. I used a relay and distribution block to make it easier to add extra circuits later. I want to use a larger block this one was all I had on hand, I'll change it later. I tapped into the plate light for switched 12V (blue wire at the bright yellow connector on this bike), that way if anything happens it's not an important light I lose. I do this on all my bikes that are road ridden and I add grip heaters to. I need to tidy up the wiring (you can see the lose wire in the grip picture), mount the block, and figure out how I want to mount the switch. I like the looks of the Symtec round rocker but I may use the mini toggle switch I have and usually use for this application.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-10A
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-8

I also started dis-assembly for the IMS tank install tomorrow.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-11
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-9
Back to top Go down
2Stamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 pm

After replacing the handlebars with some Protaper evo, I took the WR on a 1.5 hr ride to figure her out. This is the longest ride I've had on it since I bought it back in Jan. (after changing sprockets, chain, blinkers, adding skid plate, handguards and now the bars.) thumb

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 2012-03-11143732
Back to top Go down
pkbinder

PostSubject: Today?   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 pm

I put the Rotopax on and 1/2 of my Dirt Bagz rack. Trying to see if I can just use the Roto plus its rack and sling the left side bag over it. Still figurin. I leve for Moab on Friday. P
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:42 pm

A day not "working" but spent in the garage having a beer and playing with a bike is a good one to me ;D .

First up was finish installing the IMS 3gal tank.

This is the cheapo Harbor Freight pump I used to get the fuel out of the stock tank. Worked well.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 Pump

Tank off:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-16

New tank on:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-15

Checking the plastic and seat fit with the bigger tank:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-14
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-12
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-17
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-18

Next up was finishing up my grip heater install. I also removed the all "airbox flapper" junk. I mainly ditched it because it gave me more room under the seat :) :

Wiring under seat cleaned up:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-13

Switch mounted. I wanted to use the round rocker that came with them but I just couldn't find a good place to fit in. I still need to paint the bracket:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WR250R-19

I also did the factory shock lowering adjustment and slid the forks up in the clamps 3/4". No pics because not much to see. I am not tiptoeing any more when seated so that's nice.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Is the gap between the plastics, the tank, and the seat really as god awful as it looks in every picture I've seen of the IMS 3.0 tank?

I may go with the super massive tank just because of that. I'm OCD about shit not lining up like it's suppose to.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm

It's pretty bad, yeah. I can live with it because I need more capacity than stock but can't afford the bigger tanks.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks, glad I asked. If I bought one I'd just have to deal with return to buy the more expensive one anyways.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Big Bend National PArk   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Took Tink out to play in Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park. Awsome!
More pics and trip report here >> https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6602-big-bend-national-park-and-big-bend-ranch-state-park

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 WRR%20Heaven

Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:13 am

Changed the front tire today. Forgot to tighten the brake caliper bolts though, so when I rushed off to work I lost one bolt in the street and I got some violent clunking as the caliper met the rotor... Finger tightened the remaining bolt and limped back home. Had to take the truck to work...

Walked the street tonight when I got home (just after midnight). Found it! It's been run over a time or two though so the threads are dinged up a bit. I keep needing a tap and die set... Maybe I'll go buy one now.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 am

pbnut wrote:
Changed the front tire today. Forgot to tighten the brake caliper bolts though, so when I rushed off to work I lost one bolt in the street and I got some violent clunking as the caliper met the rotor...

eeek eeek eeek

Wow....that coulda been bad..... eeek

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am

motokid wrote:
pbnut wrote:
Changed the front tire today. Forgot to tighten the brake caliper bolts though, so when I rushed off to work I lost one bolt in the street and I got some violent clunking as the caliper met the rotor...

eeek eeek eeek

Wow....that coulda been bad..... eeek

Yeah really. I am glad it wasn't worse.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Yea, fortuantely it was the lower bolt that fell out. Had the top come out there might have been an instant lock up which would have ended badly.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Next time leave the front caliper alone, there is no reason to remove it to take the front wheel off.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 pm

wristpin wrote:
Next time leave the front caliper alone, there is no reason to remove it to take the front wheel off.

It's not necessary but it makes re-installing the wheel easier. Ever since I used to be a mechanic at a shop and the old timer that owned it showed me this trick I have done it.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I changed the rear sprocket from a 45t Aluminum to a 47t steel today. Now, with the 12t front I think I have the ratio that works best for me (3.92)....especially in the dirt...lots of steep hills and downed trees here in East TN/Western NC.

I went to a non o-ring chain (110 links) with a clip style master link...we'll see how it holds up. My thinking was to take it off the bike to clean and lubricate it.

Last edited by DragonNester on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 pm

DragonNester wrote:
I changed the rear sprocket from a 45t Aluminum to a 47t steel today. Now, with the 12t front I think I have the ratio that works best for me (3.92)....especially in the dirt...lots of steep hills and downed trees here in East TN/Western NC.

I went to a non o-ring chain (110 links) with a clip style master link...we'll see how it holds up. My thinking was to take in off the bike to clean and lubricate it.

I just switched to non o-ring with a clip master link too
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:17 pm

wristpin wrote:
Completely false, at least for us X guys. The R guys may be able to pull it off, but the X rims necessitate caliper removal.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 pm

pbnut wrote:
wristpin wrote:
Completely false, at least for us X guys. The R guys may be able to pull it off, but the X rims necessitate caliper removal.

Had mine off a couple times when I had the 17'' wheel in front......

Never took off the caliper.... dunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next